2017-04-20 20:14:02

I recently decided to try out standard ArchLinux in a VM, because I have an old pc which I'm considering installing some flavor of Linux on. However, after installing Arch and restarting, speakup doesn't start after bootup and I get beeps when I try to type in a command.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-04-20 23:54:53

Hmm? Is it installed correctly? If yyeah, try the following: press enter and type your password or enter, user name enter password enter

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-04-21 18:33:32

Did you install using the TalkingArch image?
Did you install all extra packages, alsa-utils, espeakup, etc?
Did you save the ALSA state to /var/lib/alsa/asound.state before restarting?
HTH.

2017-04-21 19:05:33

Yes, I used the talking arch image. I think I saved the sound state but I'm not quite sure. I did use StormDragon's arch vm creation script, which does that automatically (I think).

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce