I almost wonder if this is an issue related to DirectX or something, make sure you have the most recent version installed, since I believe its required for the 3D sounds to work.

Thumbs up

Hello. My analysis of the game so far. Great game. I do like the concepts behind the color system, and I can't wait to see where you run with it. Are the first town, the forest, the lake, and the recreation area the only four areas implemented at the moment? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Also, I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but is Mike supposed to be unable to select a target?

Thumbs up

178 (edited by daigonite 2017-04-20 03:53:09)

Yep, that's all that's in the game right now, it's just a demo to show off features at this point.

Mike is blind so he can't target, the other blind character later in the game also has this property; this is used more as a balancing technique than anything. He can't target but he's one of the strongest physical attackers in the game, so whatever he DOES hit, he will hit hard. Blind characters have a few unique properties, they are the only characters that can use the secondary effects of cane items, they are the only characters that have ruthless chance (which is like a critical hit) and they are immune to some statuses, such as Blind (which also lowers hit chance) and Stone.

Thumbs up +1

Works with SAPI5 currently (uses the same thing as braillemon actually).

I intend to have at least 9 dungeons, and 8 towns, perhaps a few connectors as well. The setting is based on metro detroit.

Thumbs up

Updated the release link, the movement model has been changed to be more optimized, let me know what you think.

Thumbs up

Hey everyone, new release!

gamejolt.com/games/ColorsChromatics/248621

Cleaned up a lot of stuff in regards to features unrelated to accessibility. It would be really helpful if I could get some feedback on the current navigation system, thanks

Thumbs up +1

Hey everyone! Daigonite, I'll check it out. Thanks for the update.
Best regards, Haramir.

Thumbs up

So far I'm finding the navigation system really unclear. When I walk towards a wall, all I hear is a sound panned left regardless of the direction of the wall I'm walking into. There are footstep echoes that play in the direction of walls, but since you move like 30 in a given direction if you hold the arrow for a second you can miss openings very easily.
I think it would be much more usable if the game notified you when your surroundings change. For example if you are walking along a wall to your north and there is an opening, the game could play some kind of notification sound  from that direction.

Thumbs up

Yo folks. Well, the game is not running on my machine for some reason. I managed to play all the previous versions though. But when I press enter on the .exe file, the game crashes before even starting.
Best regards, Haramir.

Thumbs up

185 (edited by daigonite Yesterday 18:13:50)

Haramir - This game won't run on windows XP. If you're running windows XP, upgrade, seriously, you shouldn't be running it and its a security nightmare. That would be my guess tbh

Stewie - I've been looking into the problem with the sound, I noticed it just yesterday. GMS doesn't allow sound panning for some unholy reason so I used panned sfx, but I think it doesn't work for some reason. Very frustrated over this development.  When it pans properly it's much more usable.

I'm working on a hack workaround right now.

So like a little jingle or sound that occurs when you come across an opening?

Edit: I made an update to the system, should be updating the link soon. I'm putting priority on an event where I show off the game this weekend. wish me luck

Thumbs up

My favourite example of a system that does this is Shadow Rine's. It plays a sort of wind sound when there's space in a given direction and another sound when there is a wall that way instead (but it will work from a distance, IE when the amount of space increases or decreases in a given direction, you don't have to be right next to the obstruction).

Thumbs up

Nah, lol. My windows is indeed outdated, but it is a windows seven. big_smile I may be able to update it to windows 10 soon though.
Best regards, Haramir.

Thumbs up