2017-04-15 16:49:09

Windows.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-04-15 23:50:03

okay I have a problem guys my mortrex is ignoring me when ever i try to use him in battles against wild manamon. I did the self trade method and it worked wonderful. I now have all 3 starters. Any advice on how to get my mortrex to listen to me? I really don't want him ignoring me especially when I have to use him against erodium. Please let me know.

James B. Cheek

2017-04-16 04:26:51

You need a stadium key. The last one.

2017-04-16 19:30:25

I've never had a Manamon ignore me in battle.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-04-17 16:47:47

Ignore only happeneds if the Manamon your traded is high level. At that point you need to win the next stadium or 2. This is to prevent people from cheating.

2017-04-17 17:54:30

I think there's more to the ignoring issue than just getting the last stadium key. I did this as well during my last playthrough of the game, and mortrex did not ignore me at all. I don't remember where I was in the game though, I think it was around the fourth or fifth stadium.

2017-04-17 18:19:00

well I can't fight electra until I fricken beat yoven's erodium. It is a pain in the ass. I am going to train my 2 magic guys to level 70 and my air and ghost type to 70 as well. And if that plan fails, then i honestly don't know what to do. My hope is that the move that viralight has soul reeper will hit on the first try and if not the first then the second. I can only try that move 7 times. But with the gold i will get from training manamon to level 70, I will buy as many healing items as i can because with 2 magic types in my party, I will hope to really deal tons of damage to erodium. Zapeston is on the valadation road right? is he after the 7th gate? Would it be cheating if the move soul reaper hit and i killed erodium in 1 hit? or would that be a good use of tactics.

James B. Cheek

2017-04-17 19:25:19

soul reaper is like erodiums final oblivian move. Soul reaper is a 1 hit KO. If i am able to use that move on him and it hits, is that considered cheating, or is that just bad luck for erodium?

James B. Cheek

2017-04-17 20:15:52

Wth?  There is no move called soul reaper. No Manamon get an instant kill move. Also, even if they did, it won't work on him.

2017-04-17 20:52:46

wrong get a viralight and you will get the move soul reaper i know what i am talking about i am not stupid. If it wouldn't exist, then I wouldn't ask about it. and have you ever even tried to use 1 hit moves against him? If not then you can't say they don't work.

James B. Cheek

2017-04-17 23:07:44

Soul Ripper. Your synth is probably not pronouncing it clearly.
I doubt that such a move would work. Pretty sure I tried uproot and it didn't work. Moves like soul split (deals half of the enemy's remaining HP) and powerfang (same) don't work.
You're pretty much limited to regular damage moves, trap damage and confusion.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-04-18 00:19:18

viralight? Yeah no. That guy gets swept  practically buy anything.

2017-04-18 11:01:03

hi,
things like black mana, powerfang, soolsplit, sool ripper, exicution, won{t work on irroadium. poison, holy and ice attacks are the way to go. For example a grandlan with toxic tail, a mitrosierr or sacroloon, and a frenrir, because of its 95 acuracy 90 power freezing move frostbite. If you can get the dragon on ice, it makes it a lot easier for you. This was my strategy i used, and it helped me.
hth

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-04-18 16:02:37

It's actually Yavon, not Yoven. But I agree that Irroadium wouldn't be vulnerable to instant kill moves even if you could get them. As for me, I'm trying to work on transforming some of my Manamon so that my Manapedia is current before I even think of tackling Irroadium. Besides that way I can earn gold to buy plenty of healing supplies, both for the Irroadium fight and the brutally unfair dungeon leading up to it. LOL.

2017-04-18 18:35:00

Well I am training my 2 magic types to level 70 and then i will probably train my ice types and holy and shadow types to level 70. And with that gold, I will buy a crap ton of healing items. If i am able to get erodium on ice, will the ice prevent him from regaining health? I could also get my grandlin to 70 and should I buy the grandlin clay or not? I can't use mortrex because he is ignoring me, but If i have to, I will train pandurbit to 70, then I will do that because he has soul split. Is soul split sufficient enough to combat erodiums regeneration? If not, what else should I use? In my opinion, clearing the shadow warriors out first in the shadow kingdom, makes it easier. Also, If you want to take down octoross, use aparasin. He will take down half of octoross's manamon.

James B. Cheek

2017-04-18 20:26:45

Level 70? Overkill. Soul split won't work like multiple people have said. Why 2 magic types? No comment.

2017-04-19 08:39:29

hi,
@141, if he gets frozen he can't attack for some turns, differs from 1 to 5 turns i think.

marro

2017-04-19 16:52:17

well it doesn't matter if it is over kill. I want to make the fight quick and reduce the amount of healing herbs and other items that i have to use. 2 magic types because double magic damage. I am not waiting any longer to get this fight over with then i have to. I have tried the fight 5 times and the 6th is going to be the last and the quickest. Magic, ice, shadow, and poison are the way to go. And besides, this erodium is level 50. so if I have my guys at 70, then I will be ready for the 7th stadium leader. I will then train my guys to level 85 to I will be ready for the erodium fight in the chamber of hatred. I will be using the same guys for the chamber fight as I use for the shadow kingdom fight. So any arguments? If not, will having level 70 manamon be effgective against a level 50 erodium?

James B. Cheek

2017-04-19 22:21:36

So quick question regarding where some manamon can be found. Please let me know how I can obtain the ManaMon below:

mitrosierr
frenrir
Grandlan
Autason, I traded him for the Montor already, so wild one.
somebody that knows White Lance, would this be the evolved Squirmonk?
Lastly, which manamon do I have to breed to get the Starters, I have a Flamerick already.

I am trying really hard to build a balanced team lol, but finding strong Water/ice/holy/magic types is tough. I spent some time with a Jakinape, but yuck. I tried a Burgin, but man that thing is weak. I tried a Hydrobird, but it's like level 27 or so and doesn't know anything damaging other than Water bomb which, um, no. Plus, it's tough to level up my Water types, as most wilds that have high levels aren't affected by water attacks.
I know this is a lot, but if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

GeminiLancer

2017-04-19 23:12:26

vgstormlover wrote:

If not, will having level 70 manamon be effgective against a level 50 erodium?

Depends on the manamon. Depends even more on your strategy.
I would wager a bet that you will get bored long before you get anything up to level 70. The wild creatures available to you at this point are, if memory serves, in the high 40S at most. As soon as you get to level 55 - 60, the game will start denying you most of the experience because what you're fighting is so far beneath you. Getting those levels will take hours, days maybe.
Here's what I'd suggest:
If you have a mon with moves that can lower defense, visit the memory tutor and relearn those moves if you've forgotten them. While you can only lower a stat by two stages before he recovers them, every little bit helps.
If you have a mon with a move like suffocate, eternal vortex, unending curse etc, relearn those moves if you've forgotten them as well (mitigates Irroadium's regen).
Parallysis and confusion work, so take advantage (every turn he can't attack you the better off you are).
If you have something that can use fly or tunnel, make sure it's equal to the rest of your levels and use it. Irroadium's ultimate moves can only be used every 3rd turn, so tunnel or fly on those turns = damage control because they won't hit you.
In general, consider using an air type if you have one, not because of damage, but because earthquake won't hurt it. Combine that with another of your mons equipped with your broomstick, you make one of his stronger regular moves relatively useless. It won't be enough to save you on it's own, but all it takes is one turn in which he only damages one of your mons to give you a chance to fully recover from an otherwise dier situation.
Relearn those moves that increase your own attacking and defensive capabilities.
Consider buying fire suits, fairy suits, or whatever elemental protection equipment you need based on which of his attacks cause you the most trouble.
If you just go all out on the offensive, you'll lose; it's a tactical battle, like what you'd expect to see in games like Final Fantacy.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-04-19 23:50:04

the suits give penalties on stats. I might buy fire suits though for my ice types. If i get my guys to 60, will i still have a good chance of winning?

James B. Cheek

2017-04-20 00:17:54

55 - 60 is normal range, and it'll be hard to get too far beyond that. Heck, it's tough to get much past 60 at the end of the game when you're preparing for the master's stadium.
Your chance of winning is going to come down to how you play more so than your levels.
The suits give stat penalties, but if one of your mons can't survive a super effective hit then it's pretty much useless, because he'll be smart enough to exploit the weakness. So your stats become pretty much academic.
Using damaging moves alone, you probably won't win.
If you wanted to email me your save file, I could see if I can beet it with your current team.

2017-04-20 09:09:38 (edited by marro 2017-04-20 10:42:13)

GeminiLancer wrote:

So quick question regarding where some manamon can be found. Please let me know how I can obtain the ManaMon below:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
AHEAD:
mitrosier involved form of squirmunk
frenrir involved form of houndorph at upperstarwalk mountain
Grandlan involved form of gronk (catchable in mount sinder vulcano)
Autason, I traded him for the Montor already, so wild one. Inside the factory on sandcot beach
somebody that knows White Lance, would this be the evolved Squirmonk?
whitelance is a move, not a manamon it self, miterosier learns it, same as some other holy types.
Lastly, which manamon do I have to breed to get the Starters, I have a Flamerick already.

I am trying really hard to build a balanced team lol, but finding strong Water/ice/holy/magic types is tough. I spent some time with a Jakinape, but yuck. I tried a Burgin, but man that thing is weak. I tried a Hydrobird, but it's like level 27 or so and doesn't know anything damaging other than Water bomb which, um, no. Plus, it's tough to level up my Water types, as most wilds that have high levels aren't affected by water attacks.
I know this is a lot, but if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

GeminiLancer

marro

2017-04-20 10:46:11

I wonder witch manamon get innerhealing. I know domestress gets it, although i don't understand why she is standard type and gets holy moves. I understand standard types get fighting moves ut holy? No. same as lamgurk. His only earth move is mudslide, and he is pure earth type. The other is sandy wind, but thats more of a status changing move. Why does he get mostly standardd moves as a pure earth type. rofl i don't understand.

marro

2017-04-20 16:04:20

I wouldn't think Shadow types would be that effective against Irroadium since he's shadow type himself at least in part. As for the other two starters I'm pretty sure you can only get them via online trading.