2017-04-20 03:45:22

Hello.
Well I was using nvda today and on every web page I went to it says clickable a whole bunch of times before it reads the page or link or button. Can you tell me how to get rid of this? I thought eloquence was the problem so i switched to eSpeak, and that still didn't work. I tried resetting nvda to it's factory settings, but that didn't work either. Can you tell me how to stop this, it's really annoying hearing the word clickable 5 to 8 times before I hear anything else. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of nvda as far as I know, and I'm using windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-04-20 06:43:46

I blocked the word from being spoken in the default voice dictionary, yeah its a bit hackish, but it works, I had to go char bby char to even see what you said because it completely ignores the word altogether.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-04-20 08:07:25

Hi Ironcross.
Thanks that worked perfectly! I don't know why nvda started doing that today it's never done that before. Thanks so much, that was driving me nuts, it happened on every website I went too. I gave you a thumbs-up!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2017-04-20 13:57:46

Activate the NVDA menu, preferences, Document formatting, and uncheck Clickable.

2017-04-20 21:07:47

Hi Tspivey.
Thank you that worked also. I looked all over preferences yesterday but I never thought to look in document presentation. That's just like me, the one place I don't look is exactly where it is lol.
Thanks again ironcross and tspivey, I gave you both a thumbs-up!

Guitarman.