26 (edited by Soul Keeper 2017-04-03 16:16:43)

This is a pretty awesome start, though I hope you plan on adding more building features (the best comparison I could make is probably something like the SCS system). You don't need monsters to make a map challenging, but being able to script moving tiles,, interactive things like switches, pressure plate style traps/doors, moving items, maybe an inventory system to pick up keys and whatnot,, etc etc. Mostly just wishful thinking, but I hope future development is very much in the plans. Also, am I the only one who finds the builder system slow and annoying? I usually just write it all up in a notepad and import it all as rawdata.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

Thumbs up

I have also idea of teleporters.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up

I like your guys's ideas, and it'd be fun to impliment, however with BGT, keeping things in sync is really not the funnest thing in the world.

Follow on twitter! @DarkFlierProd
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: darkflier.com
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

Having played and enjoyed the previous map building game, this one is even better with the added online capability. This has a lot of potential and is a refreshing change from all these combat games. As I said in the game, the builder should be expanded a little more to include the ability to delete things you've created as well as changing map properties after creation. My name in the game is slannon. I look forward to seeing this continue to grow and get even better. Keep up the great work.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up +1

I'll haveto send You one idea.
If Mason will develope also 3D version of this game, It'll be also great for players to create maybe maps of cities, where those players live and also, some buildings.
Maybe It helps people to know some cities of friends via the internet.

Thumbs up

Hi!
Also, this game is in the Yan Reed's database of games.

Thumbs up

This game is so fun. I love making maps with it.
Here are my problems/suggestions though, 1 being most important, getting less important from there.
1. First letter navigation in map selection menus. This is quite painful without that feature, because you have to scroll through the list containing what, 113 items? To get to your selected map.
2. Jumping. I really wish jumping was shortened. Now, you advance forward like 10 or 15 squares. I can jump from x 5 and end up at x 19 in just one jump. I think it should be shortened to 10 coordinates per jump at most.
3. 3d. It would be awesome if this could be expanded to be like a 3d grid, instead of just 2d.
4. Map builder. Say I screwed up and put a hazard or something where I didn't want to put it. I wish there was a way to remove these things from within the builder instead of raw mapping every time.
5. Builder. I wish there was a way to change the size of things. Well, say you made a zone that was too small for what you're trying to build. Instead of creating another or raw mapping to text edit, you could just go in and edit the bounds of the zone, simple as that.
6. Moving hazards. Last but not least, moving hazards would be some funny stuff to add to maps, to make them more challenging.
Keep up the great work, this is certainly getting somewhere.

Follow me on twitter: @savage_genius16

Thumbs up +1

Another one I just found. On maps with a spawn point, typing /changemap mapname x y
will change you to the map's spawn point, rather than that set of coordinates.

Thumbs up +1

Mason are you still working on the game? I would hate to see this project go down...

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

Me too. I love It and also, there are some bugs here and things to edit.

Thumbs up

@34 as would I. I will tweet him to call his attention back to this thread, -- it has fallen significantly below the top of the thread list so it is possible he simply decided not to come back to it. Let me see.

Thumbs up

Hi

Yes I am still working on the game. I  been having pc problems lately so haven't had the resources to work to much. Will keep at it

Follow on twitter! @DarkFlierProd
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: darkflier.com
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up +1

Another suggestion is a mark as finished option. See, a lot of the maps in the list of unofficial maps are not completed. It would be nice if the incomplete maps would have a separate list from the completed ones.

Thumbs up

OK, how to know, that this map is completed, or no?
It is on players (or builders) to publish those maps and also, there is option (but from Rawdata) to remove those maps by removing line public.

Thumbs up

As I said, the map creator would mark as finished. See, just as the public option is implemented, the finished one would work the same way. If people didn't think their map was finished, they could delete the
finished
line from their file and their map would appear once again in the unfinished map section.

Thumbs up

41 (edited by marro 2017-04-14 07:27:25)

hi,
many peeps there use the in game editor i think... so they dont see the publick line

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro
just you can find me on most multiplayer games with this name lol. If you wish to come in contact with me, just pm me on stw, i'm around there for the most.

Thumbs up

Mason: It's great to hear that you're still working on the game. No stress. Just take the time you need to work on it.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

Another thing you should know:
Walking and camera usage starts lagging significantly if there are like 3 or 4 people exploring the same map.

Thumbs up

something needs to be done about this, ASAP. the jumping system should be recoded, because right now when jumping platform to platform you have to hope you're lucky. why? sometimes a single tap of the arrow moves you 2 squares in sted of 1. 2d platformer doesn't have this problem if that helps.

kingzombie has created a map called jerk, and in there you have tiny platforms to land on else you're dead, and i cant, simply because of the jumping system. in my maps, highway to hell and starwalk, same thing, land on a 1 square wide platform or you're dead. so yeah, before anything should be added, changed, etc, it should be a jumping system

Thumbs up +1

Hi mason, can you please add teleporters? it'd be nice if i could teleport people places in my maps, or instead of dying, they can hit a teleporter and start over the map

Thumbs up

Please please make it so we have to tap to jump instead of holding the arrows, or do something to fix this luck based jumping system! When i jump, sometimes I jump 1 tile, other times I jump 2 tiles, please, fix! this!

Thumbs up

Kingzombie... it is not luck based. It is just you. You can tap once and jump one tile. It works.

I'm not afraid,
I'm giving into grievances again.
You're looking at an absolute zero,
I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero.

Thumbs up

Post 47, sometimes it does,  sometimes it doesn't. It's real luck based.  Please remove an option to change your nickname. A lot of people change the nickname every minute or so, and this is one, spamming, which becomes annoying really fast, 2, really confusing.

Thumbs up

guys, i didd download the game and ekstrakted it, but wen i launch the exe file it dont open, how to make it launch,

Thumbs up

fredd wrote:

guys, i didd download the game and ekstrakted it, but wen i launch the exe file it dont open, how to make it launch,

Try Run as an administrator this game.

Thumbs up