2017-04-14 22:32:08

Not sure if you've changed any settings yet, but I found myself logged in as DracoSelene89 again.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2017-04-18 11:58:44

Not fixed. In the desafio is operational topic again, posts 30/31 are mine, yet get posted under another name. I've no way to tell whose name it's putting this under....but it's Draco posting this.

2017-04-18 12:00:48

@26: So that's who has been making valid arguments in my ;posts all of a sudden tongue

Nah. Seriously, I just want this fixed honestly and to get it squashed once and for all. I know I'm doing this post, but....the forum is thoriwng it under a different name.

2017-04-18 12:01:33 (edited by Slender 2017-04-18 12:05:32)

Umm ouch... this still seems to be happening. Just recently, I was logged in as Cara_Louise in this post. On another note, when  this happens, are their risks to the changed user's profile, i.e. could you change the user's password or put incorrect details in their profile? When it happened to me, I didn't check, so I'm curious.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-04-18 12:32:03

When this happens and I find myself in a different person's profile, I just immediately log out, then back in with my own details.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

2017-04-18 13:34:13

Is it something about Kara's account that's causing the problem then?

Also I can try to tweak stuff next time it happens, and FWIW I have it set to auto log in. Maybe that's part of the issue too?

Draco

2017-04-18 22:24:29

This is Kara_Louise.
I logged in to find that I have apparently posted several messages on here today. when in actual fact I haven't.
This is the second public post I have made today.
Whatever it is that is powering this forum is seriously messed up and needs fixing urgently.

2017-04-19 04:12:32

Hi Kara.

First, your account has not been hacked or your password stolen or anything of the kind, this seems to be a problem with accounts where when one person logs in they end up logging in with someone else's profile.

Unfortunately since this seems to be a basic error with the forum code we need Richard or Sander to take a look at the background coding for the forum as I do not have access to it or the skills to fix it even if I did.

I'm actually surprised they haven't responded to this topic themselves regarding the problem.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-19 14:56:13

For some reason, I (Draco) am now logged in as Slender?

Um.....yeah it appears I can change passwords and stuff on the logged in profile, btw....that's a hell of a problem....least, I was logged in as Slender on the Kodi speech topic when I put my link from Dropbox....

2017-04-19 14:58:13

@Dark: Just a theory but they may have been logged into the wrong account and not been able to fix it? Just a theory.

Draco

P.S. I...apparently, can screw with a lot of stuff on Slender's profiel in theory? This is bad, if somebody with a real agenda got in I don't wanna think what would happen...

2017-04-19 18:40:18

I don't understand why only some people are affected by this. Every time this happened to me, for example, I ended up as DracoSelene89, then it seems as if he gets logged in with either Kara_Louise or Slender.
BTW Sendermen posted quite a few times here, apparently they are trying to fix the issue, but it is rather odd all the same.

Brendan
-----

2017-04-19 18:42:12

I've made a forum bingo card of users...:P I want to fill it all and win a prize smile

Seriously though, not just me it happens to, Carlitos had it happen too, and it's happened to you too, so there's that.

2017-04-19 21:05:55

Hahaha we must have something in common, then? tongue

Brendan
-----

2017-04-20 01:33:40

One more...

Not sure if it's because I'm logged in under another account, but the unread posts are going really, REALLY funky, it's showing new posts then giving me a list of topics that don't show any new posts at all, and the clock is strange given I'm logged in as...actually I've no clue who now.

FWIW I tried loging in in private mode in Firefox and got another user as my account when I logged in that way, despite logging in to my actual account.

Either way this is getting weirder and weirder....I just hope nobody goes and gets logged into a mod or admin account by this issue, I'd hate for somebody with malicious intent to suddenly get logged into Sander or Dark's account for instance.

Draco

Oh by the way I can confirm I believe I can get to other people's PMs and send from the logged in account too and change profile options, at least it loads the pages, n  idea if it actually saves changes, I don't waant to lock the real Slender out of his account, or whoever I'm logged in as sooo....gonna figure out a quick test, like...changing the signaure to something fun.

2017-04-20 05:22:45

Hmm. I find this very interesting. You know, if this happened in almost any other forum, something bad would have probably happened by now. This forum seems to be filled with some of the most honest people on the internet. That being said, I am very curious as to what could be causing this, as it only seems to be effecting select individuals at the moment. I guess the occational random incident does occur, but it does seem to be those select people. I wonder what those people have in common.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-04-20 10:55:45

For the hell of it I'll list what I'm running:

Win10 64 bit

Latest Firefox and Chrome with Adblock enabled

NVDA

Sophos

Malwarebytes

I don't see how anything could cause it however, I even tried logging out, and back in, in private mode in Firefox, got somebody else's account. Then I logged out, went to Chrome, same thing and there, interestingly, it wouldn't let me log in because it said the connection was not secure.

There is something really, really weird going on here. and I'm curious as to what it is, I can't think of anything in my profile or the way I signed up that'd cause it, and I seem to be given random accounts that I get stuck with till I log out.

On another note, I also randomly get logged out as well even if I set the remember me box to be checked, and yet I still have to log back in every so often.

Draco

Brendan
-----

2017-04-20 10:58:42

....okay this is now just seriously. SERIOUSLY confusing me.

It seems* to be taking accounts from a topic in question.

i.e. I read Slender's post before, got his account, now I'm given BCS993's account after scrolling past every post in the thread by hittting 3 in NVDA to skip from heading heading 3 oto heading 3.

I'm now totally and utterly confused...seriously, guys, ideas here? I'm starting to think the forum maybe gets confused between your account and the last unread post in a topic and somehow copies the author of the post to your account

Draco

Brendan
-----

2017-04-20 11:00:14

@40: I'll go put on my guinea pig costume shall I? smile It's just really, really wierd how I seem to be mostly affected by it....and then there's everyone else...like I said, weird

Brendan
-----

2017-04-20 11:14:18 (edited by pitermach 2017-04-20 11:18:50)

When this happened to me, it was with Chrome. I don't generally get logged out, but when you mentioned that sometimes happening to you, perhaps it has something to do with active sessions not being correctly assigned to the right user/browser. This just an educated guess though.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-04-20 12:48:55

*We're working on this*, thanks for your patience!

2017-04-20 12:53:09

Step 1: we optimized the database so it loads faster. Does the user account switching still occur (I cannot test it, since I've never experienced it)?

2017-04-20 13:13:59

I'll test and report back, gonna log in to my account in private mode to check it out...gimme a few here....

2017-04-20 13:15:26

Yes, YES IT DOES.

I logged in as DracoSelene89

I'm went from BC...whatever up there, to Slender. FWIW on my main Firefox I have remember me checked, and Firefox set to remember my login.

So no clue why this is going on, and more weirdly why it seems to be a handful of users.

Draco

2017-04-20 19:28:05

Thanks guys! Time for:
Step 2: I disabled some forum extensions, such as stop spam and the PM system. Does the bug still occur?

2017-04-20 21:43:09

I know for a fact I log in as Draco, and I have the remember me box checked, plus Firefox set to remember login on the little popup thing that comes up when you log in somewhere.

(On that note Sander, jI been getting this connection is not secure warnings today, is that due to disabling extensions or Firefox being...well...Firefox)

Draco