2009-12-03 18:56:45

hey there
just wondering what would be the best recording program i could use! something accessible and free?
any ideas?

2009-12-03 23:12:48

If by recording you mean an audio edition program, audacity is a good one. It's free, multitrack, and it works pretty good with jaws (but you must keep it in english, because it no more works with jaws if you set another language). Take the latest one even if it is a beta.
If you want to try some commercial ones, there are shareware versions for gold wave, cool edit and soundforge, but they are very expensive.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-12-05 03:49:23

try qws. Quick windows sequencer, personally i have a hardwear recorder, much easier for me, but i understand others may be different.

2009-12-05 06:22:22

I checked the gold wave site, it says a lifetime license costs $50 US. I fail to see how this is "expensive".

Obviously this isn't free, but it isn't all that costly for a piece of productivity software. Plus since an interview at DarkerProjects mentioned one of their postproduction editors uses it professionally, if it is good enough to be used by a professional then we're lucky its only $50. Look at the prices for Photoshop or Dreamweaver some time.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-12-05 18:37:23

Ah, I belived that it was much more than 50$. I tried goldwave long time ago in its windows 3.1 version. But audacity is fine and totally free.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.