2017-03-09 21:08:18

no... that means you're dying in the CQC

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-03-10 04:13:02

Nope. There's a different victory scene.

2017-03-10 04:14:29

Nope. The objective is to defeat Brutus with Munawar, so no, the game doesn't only end with him pronounced dead.

2017-04-13 22:14:46

I managed to make this work. Can someone tell me how to land, can you tell me how LTS and cruise missiles work?

2017-04-14 05:36:07

@Amerikranian: The lts is the laser tagging system. Cruise missiles depend on it. Cruise missiles are fully radar-guided autopilot missiles that lock on to a target through the lts. So what you do is when you hear that solid lock tone, which I take it you are hearing it, then hit space or your trigger if you're using a controller. If done right you should hear your rio say something like, we've got the fucker! Time to kick some ass! You should only have to hit space once. Now switch to the cruise missile and let'em have it! AS for landing, first descend to somethin like 5000 feet or so, then start slowing down. The best thing to do would be to slow down to the point where pressing down arrow triggers the stall warning. Then, dive to an angle of attack of about -30 degrees. Make sure that you're within 5 miles or less of the landing beacon. Remember, when you drop below 1000 feet, hit g to take out your landing gear.

2017-04-14 15:53:19

if i call an aircraft carrier, how long will it take to arrive? How do I dodge missiles/bullets? Is the tutorial broken after shooting down 2 jets?

2017-04-14 17:35:59

So how does one compile this so I can actually run the thing? Would love to play this again.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-04-14 18:20:50

@Amerikranian: You dodge missiles and bullets by turning, banking, rolling, anything to that effect. If anything, you can cruise for a few seconds in the thin air zone, 50000 feet or higher. Don't stay up there for too long, as your engine integrity goes down the more you're up there. But fighters won't follow you up there, so you can switch on the afterburners and get away from them. Once you go below 50000 feet, you'll be back to a safe altitude and your engine integrity will gradually increase back to 100. You don't wait for an aircraft carrier to arrive, you land on one. Face the aircraft carrier, that is, 12:00, and then when you get closer you will pass some checkpoint that you'll hear aircraft carrier control announce, and Orion confirm. You have to be at a speed of around 500 knots, same angle to attack, and take out the landing gear as well, but you can land on one if you're less than 2 miles away. The tutorial shouldn't be broken after two jets, there should be a third one that you have to shoot down.

2017-04-14 18:22:01

Mike, did you download the main package? make sure you didn't just download the source distribution. /tdv/bin/releaseX86/tdv.exe.

2017-04-14 20:42:32

I'm not sure what have the same angle for attack means.

2017-04-14 22:21:01

Angle for attack is basically where your craft is pointing. Go into hud mode and press n for angle of attack.

2017-04-17 20:02:04

TDV review.

Please understand that I'm not writing this  to make the dev look bad. 

I like the game in general. It's mostly free of bugs. It's when I start to look at it piece by piece things start to look... Funny? silly? Stupid? Think for yourself.

First, the starting cutscene. 21 minutes long, *yawns*. "Wake me up when it's over". I mean, I was bored practically through the entire thing. First issue. When chase gives Orion the report, Orion sighs. Chase: "Orion took a long sigh". Why say that when we clearly heard that? It's not a problem, just annoying. with That out of the way, it's time to sit back and enjoy 7 or so minutes of engine sound.

Or not. Someone fires a missile up are ass. Real big problem with sound design here. the way this scene sounds to me is the missile is fired, Orion speeds up while the missile is in front of us, missile flys past. I'm sorry, but the way it sounds right now I don't buy it. Orion sped up way too late and the missile should be panned farther back.

I don't find most of the game that hard.  I find that sad, actually. most of the objectives can be done with LTS. So if I were to rate the how  much  Challenge it hat for me on the scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being easiest, it would be a 4.

Back to the story. Trask vs Chase. Ok. Couple things here. First, Chase. His acting could be improved, Like, by a lot. Second, when the doctor calls,  Colonel says: "I will wait." he knew that he didn't have much time, so why didn't he attack while chase is on the phone? 3, when Larson says he's a fake, what did  Colonel nock over? 4, Chase: Larson, get up here, now!  Then he sets down the phone, And the fighting begins. he doesn't throw the phone down, he calmly hangs up, as though  he just finished a casual conversation and didn't have someone at his throat.  And the kernel. he just stood there while chase hung up. Ok. Why is it game over if Trask kills chase? Theoretically, Larson and the other guys would have arrived there, Cuffed the kernel, and lieutenant Turner would have been briefing me on my mission.  I found fight with the kernel quite easy. You just need to throw him all the time, don't let him recover. When you throw him the first time, you practically  can't lose.

The voice acting for Julias couldn't have been more better.  Chase tells us to go destroy the bridge.  I wonder, do vehicles actually cross given enough time?

Radar stations. Ah yes, and Julias himself. When he shows up Orion started cursing for no good  reason. Not once, but multiple times. This slightly damaged the cut scene for me. i found the final fight quite easy. Target him with LTS, and it's over. launch the cruise missiles, but not too close to each other.  If you do this right, he's dead. On an unrelated note, let him kill you. I really  Love that death scene.   Brutus gives us a simple choice: Yield or die.  Those two words are probably the best acting in the game in my Opinion. I expected for this to be an end, to get a pat on the back and congratulations. What I did not expect, was a fistfight with Brutus. I killed him the first round by throwing him like I did with trask.  The second round with him was a little trickier. The bombs keep setting off at my location, and when I went away, Brutus recovered and started attacking me.  The third round was pure hell. Not only i had to dodge bombs,  there was a remote gun that was keep shooting at me.  I just had to tuff it out. I focused on throwing Brutus. I didn't bother to dodge the bombs or the gun. And it worked.  Nothing else struck me as  surprising ,  bad sound design, etc. Overall, I like the game. I give it seven out of 10, oh. The story is a 5.  It would have been higher, but it was too short, and it had some plotholes.

2017-04-18 00:21:58 (edited by jack 2017-08-24 03:03:24)

Amerikranian, I'll respond to your review kind of in order. Not that I'm trying to play the dev here or that I think your review was absolutely horrible or anything, but just what I agree and disagree on. First, the story. I agree it is long, but it is also a brief rerun on the treasure hunt storyline. Side note, I actually remember an old thread that said that there were possible plans to do Treasure Hunt under the name Cloning malice I. I imagine this may have been an idea so as to conform to the new part of the story, called Cloning Malice ii, the Reconstruction. For the record, Treasure Hunt before 4.0 used to actually be about finding the treasure. The name pretty much carried on from there. Anyway, again I was obviously never in on the script for the game, but I suppose it would make sense for Chase to say Orion let out a long sigh, rather than just start by saying, his thoughts had to be the...you get the idea. It's just a transition back to the story from Chase's point of view. As for everything being able to be taken down with lts, I can agree on that, technically I lts'd my way through but also took some guys down with the guns. It's how hard you make the game on yourself. As for the Trask scene, the reason it's game over if Chase gets killed by Trask is that while it's true Chase did tell Larson to come on up there, it's not unrealistic to reach an end where he dies before Larson can make it to Chase. Without Chase, there's no mission lead. You're right in that Turner takes over after the Trask fight, but if Trask finished the job, Chase wouldn't be alive to let Trask know that he needed to take over, would he? AS for why he says he'll wait, that could be just to build up suspense. He probably] did know what was about to happen, and probably did know that he basically hung himself by saying he'd wait, but there's nothing like Chase coming to the realization he was fake and then Trask responding. AS for what gets knocked over, that could've been a shelf or something similar, I know you can normally throw him up against a wall or a shelf in the room. As for the encounter with Brutus, while it's true there was some excessive cussing on Orion's end, just keep in mind the disclaimer in the manual. With the knowing that the disclaimer is in place, it's alright for the language to be whatever they want it to be. AS for Bret's acting for Brutus, I do disagree, I think he nails the accent *he is from the US* but I will say that Brutus does sound deceptively sarcastic while talking to Orion. If you listen to Tdv1's Brutus, none other than the man the myth the legend, Dark! you'll see that Brutus was a lot more aggressive in tdv1. I don't know off-hand why Dark wasn't Brutus in tdv2, however. That actually would've been interesting to hear him say the new tdv2 Brutus lines in the conversation with Orion, about while they were playing with their toys he was building a lego house! Now that one is probably one of his most quotable phrases, classic indeed. Oh, and let's not forget this line. *Orion* Dough! Not again! *Brutus* Most standard tournaments come with three rounds you know. Haven't you played an arcade beat-em-up? Lol, he basically admitted he's just a game! lol

2017-04-18 01:45:26

I don't mind cursing. Orion goes fuck for most of that scene. I could see why he'd curse in many scenes, but something like who the fuck are you, what the fuck are you doing on this channel etc, well. I don't think a normal human would do it. I'd imagine most would go along the lines of what the hell? Hmm. Trask nocks over a chair and just stands there? I think you misunderstood me. Every major mission has someone in case something like this takes place. Have you heard about second in command? The mission as big as this can't, no, will not rely on just 1 man. i didn't say that  Chases death wasn't realistic. in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he would die either way. I  Think Colonel should get caught either way though, because  when Larson finds the body, you can assume her to take command and order to search for him. then again. I'm just guessing at  what could happen next. hmm. Please do a recording of TDV with out using LTS. Have fun!

Side note. What are the differences between TDV1 and TDV 2?  I would go play it, but it's in demo mode. So...

2017-04-18 03:10:36 (edited by jack 2017-04-18 03:12:06)

True, there always is a second in command. The problem though, is that if multiple sets of scenes were implemented, that would be far more lines of code than are already present. Even so, even if you could! complete the mission yet lose the fight with Trask, it's not so satisfying beating the mission with some vital person killed, look at vl1.ogg and vl2.ogg for example if you were to lose the Brutus cqc. AS for Tdv1 vs tdv2, well, tdv's flight-specific mechanics were made much more realistic in tdv2. Interceptors were implemented in tdv2. But in tdv1, the story was largely the same, except there was no cqc between Trask nor Brutus. One slight difference though is that in tdv1, you had to go through the simulations before you even got the mission briefing. They switched that around in tdv2 which, say what you will, but I think is slightly more realistic. Also, Dark was Brutus in tdv1, and Turner is a new character in tdv2. Training mode was also a new mode implemented in tdv2. A while back there was this playthrough of tdv1, but unfortunately that's not around anymore. Earlier on in this topic though I did post a working link to that old topic, because the link to the end scene still works.

2017-08-22 09:20:21

Hello everyone, I exactly don't know what's wrong with my playing strategy, here I'm unable to proceed to the third target after destroying the training-ground, airbase, and taking down a couple of fighters that came by my way. after the CQC I'm suppose to take down the powerpland  which is not being detected by my radar system. am I doing anything wrong? any help would be appreciated.

2017-08-24 02:55:29 (edited by jack 2017-08-24 02:56:06)

@keats2050: Did you visit the carrier after you dispatched Colonel Trask?

2017-08-25 18:23:04

after having  failed few of my attempts, I visited aircraft carrier. now I'm at around s24, and the radar system is unable to spot the powerpland, it seems.

2017-09-16 15:55:51

hi guise, is there any solution for the problem that I have posted long  before? for your info, I'm flying back from the aircraft carrier and unable to locate the power plants.

2018-10-11 09:31:00

does anyone know of a Flight Controller that would meet tdv requirements with forse feedback support straight out of the box?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2019-01-01 06:13:19

What files are required for the TDV server to run properly? I'd rather only put the server files on my VPS instead of the whole game to save disk space.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-01-01 21:34:18

Hi @Naruto, the joystick I was using years ago to test force feedback and controls in TDV was a stick made my Hotas, called the Thrustmaster. I think I had bought it for $80.

It was nice because it had separate controls for throttle and aircraft pitch controls and was actually a really, really good joystick. Sometimes I wish I still had it around. LOL.

@Chris, since you're running on a VPS I'm assuming you're trying to run the server on Linux. For this you'll need Mono. After that all you need is the server executable and you'll be fine.

2019-01-01 21:36:05

Hi @Keats2050, Have you tried with the latest release? There was an object GUID issue that I've since fixed and that took care of a lot of these problems. You'll have to start over though if the game has already had GUID conflicts in your save.

2019-01-02 01:16:37 (edited by Chris 2019-01-02 01:17:32)

I can't get it to run. I navigate to the directory with the application and type "wine TDVServer.exe". I get the message "Install Mono for Windows to run .NET applications.". Next, I tried installing Mono by typing sudo "apt-get install mono-devel" but that didn't work either. I even rebooted the server and still get the Mono message when running the executable. What am I missing?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-01-02 01:30:17

Not sure. Sorry.