2017-04-07 02:39:57

You need to go to the house and press enter and it will have you impregnate one of the slaves.
Now I generally always try to log in myself again if it lags out.
It will save your game automatically and I have been pleasantly surprised at how much fun it is with the faster make times.
It is so fun to see how far I can get. I am hoping someone might want to sell sand or glass though, since I have no water.
Have fun and see you there, I am Azrillee.
A

2017-04-08 03:51:11

Suggestion my creative friend...
My first plot did not have water, so I tried to get to the next one very quickly, which I did. However, that one does not have it either, so no church ortavern and no certain quests. So, perhaps while you are tweaking it maybe let at least the second plot have a water source! I shall keep searching but it sort of makes things a little redundant.
I shall continue though and thanks for making some of the tasks faster, it helps so much and makes it funner.
Your biggest fan,
A

2017-04-08 18:51:56

Ok, after many attempts, since my last post I have not been able to log into the server properly as far as i can tell. I log in and it says it is connected to server yet the option to disconnect from server is not there. All it has after pressing the esc key is new game, story, achievements, and exit. no way out of it. Before when I was connected to the server it did say to press enter to disconnect.

now I wonder if i may have messed up my first game when i started a new game, thinking that is what I needed to do, that seemed to go nowhere. if that is the case I have no problems starting over. I learned a few things i could have done better. just wish I could connect to the server.

Oh well. Will keep trying. Happy gaming.

Shermanator

2017-04-08 21:16:23

Shermanator wrote:

Ok, after many attempts, since my last post I have not been able to log into the server properly as far as i can tell. I log in and it says it is connected to server yet the option to disconnect from server is not there. All it has after pressing the esc key is new game, story, achievements, and exit. no way out of it. Before when I was connected to the server it did say to press enter to disconnect.

now I wonder if i may have messed up my first game when i started a new game, thinking that is what I needed to do, that seemed to go nowhere. if that is the case I have no problems starting over. I learned a few things i could have done better. just wish I could connect to the server.

Oh well. Will keep trying. Happy gaming.

Shermanator

Are you playing on a virtual machine? If yes, then you can try to run the game in full screen.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-04-10 01:29:05

HI,
Nope. Not on a virtual machine.

but did notice this last time i logged in. I tried to start new game. told both workers to collect grass. After a minute both were still not available. but did notice that the option to disconnect from the server was there.

so not really sure what is happening. can connect. but the full game i had started does not appear. if I try to start a new game the jobs never finish. Even the T key shows no tasks yet no workers are available.

Hmm Will keep trying i guess.

2017-04-13 12:56:36

Anyone who has played lately knows that the first plot has lightning fast tasks. This is not so with the second plot, which I find interesting, however, I doubt I would be able to make a third plot to hunt for water before my time ran out, with the longer times.
After trying them both side by side I really do like the quick tasks, it keeps you there and doing stuff on the game. Some things should take longer like building and quests and stuff, but the tasks that keep the game going is pretty much best on the first plot. I do admit it was a lot harder to get anything done at work and home, kept me glued to the game!
Sooooo fun!
Thank you,
A

2017-04-13 23:54:08

Is single player the only usable mode at the moment?

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-04-14 10:09:02

Once in a while I can log into the server and play away! The single mode does not allow you to get to the next plot. You can create it but not get there.
brilliant fun game. Also single mode still has the same slow task times.

A

2017-05-06 00:35:43

Hi folks,
just wondering a couple things.

last month was my first full month in the game. Love the really quick  times it took for some things to be made or done. now I finally got logged in properly it seems and all the work times are back to being really slow. as if I was playing single player mode and not the multi player like last month. so is this normal? last month it was not until i got my 2nd plot that the work times got really slow. My first plot was always really quick like. Naturally I would love to have the quick work times back.

and is it possible to buy items from other players without a store? and is it possible to list more than one item in one's store for sale? didn't seem like it was.

Here's hoping to see more of you around in the game. to date i have never been logged in at the same time as another as far as i can tell. I press shift slash to see if anyone is around and it says no one is logged in at that time.

thanks Aprone. Hope you all have a good day.

Shermanator

2017-05-06 12:09:11

hi all,

is this game still being developed? also does it still reset each month or is there a persistent mode yet? that's the 1 thing that puts me off this game doing all that work and then having it reset at the end.

2017-05-07 13:47:06

I haven't been able to log in lately and the tasks were much faster last time I loged in so you can get further. I emailed Jeremy and asked about the server, if it is still up.
It is the best game ever, IMO. I wanted to log in and see if I had water. LOL

A

2017-05-08 18:42:07

I think it's just the fact that no matter how far you get it is all meaningless by the end of the month because it constantly resets and I hate that.

2017-05-08 21:56:15

Wow. The last time I played this online, the game was reset once a week. I suppose that has changed.
For Aprone, if you still check this topic. I have created a few ideas that could make this game a bit more fun. Generally, I thought of adding some more higher goal to this. The main though, would be separating this game to some worlds, and then generating a whole map in one, where a player would be able to oversee it, possibly pick one square of 10 by 10 tiles where to start and then settle a new plot of land whereever they choose to. I can not explain all what came to my mind at the moment, though if you or anyone else would be interested, I could share it. I hope this game is going to have some more progress.

2017-05-09 04:51:14

I did manage to log in and sadly I still do not have water and the tasks have gone back to their previous longer time periods. I did love it with those shorter wait times. Regardless it does seem like Jeremy still is working with the game or the changes wouldn't happen! Unless he has code elves behind the scene. Knowing his magic he might!
A

2017-05-09 15:00:41

Guys, is that correct that when I try to settle a new plot of land in the offline mode, it doesn't do anything, just leaves me with one less worker instead?

2017-05-09 18:53:08

That is correct, so don't bother!
I hope should he decide to continue the single player mode, (which he should sell), he will fix that and also make some of the tasks fast, like last month. That was so fun! The building was slow, that multiplying was slow and I think some of the others were slow too, but most of the basic tasks were faster, so you really could get to making factories and cities and stuff.
Dang I love this game!
A

2017-05-21 20:08:34

Hi, just wondering. When you first log in you get a message about so many world messages missed and to go check them out. But what I don't know is how to do that. Pressing right or left brace only shows me messages on things i had going on when i logged out. but that may be only like 1 or 2 messages. The message I get when i first log on says way more messages than that were missed.

here's to hoping next month the fast build times will be back.

Also hoping that now spring has arrived that aprone will be thawing out and make an appearance. come back to us aprone on planet earth. We need you.

Shermanator

2017-05-22 00:02:59

Shermanator, I'm not sure if this counts as an appearance, since I'm speaking to you now as a large face formed in the clouds (like Mufasa speaking to Simba in the Lion King).  I know it SEEMS like I'm just typing a message into a computer, but it's really the Mufasa thing.  smile

Life has kept me extremely busy, and for a variety of reasons I've just stayed away from the computer for the past while.  I'm trying to get myself back.

Remember...  Remember...  *Aprone fades back into the clouds*  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-05-22 00:26:23

Wow Aprone! Being a big fan of the Lion King, I I'd be a monster if I I didn't give you a tumbs up for the last post.
Hakuna Matata man, just keep appearing from time to time.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2017-05-22 08:48:18

Hip Hip Hooray! yippee!yahoo! whoopee! Wahoo!
The rumors of his demise were sorely over exaggerated. LOL!

ok. now that your back. How do I read the missed world messages the system tells me to check out when I log in?

also I just logged in and all the high level things are not available to do. such as factory, boilers, city, and the likes. After a while do those become not available?

Thanks for all you do. this beer is for you.

2017-05-22 10:28:19

Lol Aprone, I was trying to remember but I forgot, oh well, maybe I should go and eat  slugs down wind of that smelly warthog instead.

Btw, thumbs up from me too, and also nice to know your still around as far as Castaways ii is concerned.
I will confess I have somewhat avoided giving the game a db page because I am not sure what it's current status is or where it is going or whether it will be rewritten or what not.

Personally I wouldn't say it needs rewriting, just a little refinement, but as you wish, after all you are the king, or were the king, or are telling me or someone else that we should be king or that we should wait to be king even if we can't wait to be king, or something related to kings anyway big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-22 16:30:54

Yeah this has been a tricky project because so many of the original plans didn't work out as I had imagined.  The quick solution seems to be to tear out huge portions and re-code the game to something that a larger group of players will enjoy, but that would "kill" the game for people who like that original direction.  There's a voice in my head telling me that it makes the most sense to forget what the game is Now and focus on making it a game that more people will want to play, but then again, growing up I've always hated seeing games changed around to appeal to the masses.  I remember a few games I really enjoyed, but the majority of players found it either too hard or something, and complained until the entire game was changed to accommodate them.

Of course I'm not saying that any group is whining about Castaways 2 to get it changed.  With this game I'm interpreting the silence as complaining, since very very few people enjoy playing it.  That's actually a more severe form of complaint than a group who complains but continues to play the game, lol!  Something has to be done to fix this game, but I still can't decide on exactly what that needs to be.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-05-22 16:35:18

Shermanator I had to go check the code to remember, but it seems missed world messages just go into your normal message list.  When you review messages with the square bracket keys [ and ], it should have put the missed messages at the very beginning of that list.
I hope that helps.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-05-22 18:46:19

hi aprone,

for me personally and this is only a personal thing mind but I like ongoing games. games that don't reset. so if there was lets say an option to play the game where it was totally ongoing then I would opt for that and play. that's not to say I think you should get rid of the monthly resets because there are obviously folks who like that and why shouldn't they be catered for if at all possible.

anyway hope all is well.

2017-05-23 00:59:04

I message didn't go through, so here is my wish list:
The faster tasks
Opting out of thieving
No monthly reset
and second plot fixed on single player game.
Thank's for all the wonderful games you have given us!
A