2017-04-06 16:26:32

Hi everyone !

Dark Passenger is now released on Steam. It is an audio game in which you control a blind man who try to survive guided by a mysterious man. To save his life, players must be aware of their environment trusting only their hearing. The game can be played with keyboard and headsets.

If you are curious about the game you can visit the Steam store page on the link below :

Dark Passenger on Steam

http://i.imgur.com/muBUedK.jpg

2017-04-06 17:56:41

Thank you! It's good to know that there's more accessible games comming on steam!

2017-04-06 18:55:20

It doesn't give much information about the game on that link, and there's no way to buy it. Plus, it says something about 10% off, and the game costs like 50 cents? I'm so confused. lol

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-04-06 19:17:23

Yes, the 10% off can be confusing hahaha. There are only black screenshots in steam store because it is an audio game where there are no visuals. If you are interested in the game, you can buy it clicking "Add to Cart".

2017-04-06 19:20:22

Wasn't this game released as an exicuteable for windows last year? What's th edifference between the two?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-04-06 19:37:14

Hello folks! The executable was the demo version as far as I know.
Anyway, I intend to buy it as soon as I can.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2017-04-06 19:54:26

I just got the game, I'm still confused about this, it was only 53 cents. That's incredible. lol
Now, can I play with the keyboard? It says there's controller support, but I don't know.

2017-04-06 20:20:58

Hi.
Yeah, it's quite cheap, I think due to the fact that the game is still in the early access program and will be fully released later on.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-04-06 20:23:45

One last question, when the game is fully released, will we have to pay again? Also, if the game gets updated, will the updates download automatically?

2017-04-06 20:40:22

ok.  call me crazy but exactly why is this available for a platform that clear is not, accessible?  steam has the most annoying and rediculess way to try to set up or sign up for if blind etc.  its not screen reader friendly and if i need to go through complicated directions to set it up then its not ment for me to get frustrated over.  i'd like to play this but, i don't plan to grow frustrated trying this on something that is impossible to really set up.  several may disagree and thats fine cause yall may have the time to waste so to speak.  but unless stem has become accessible persay, i don't see point.  its useless.

2017-04-06 21:03:54

Lol dude, I didnt know that some people can be so close minded.
Did you actually think about the idea that the game isn't made just for us blindy dudes and is there for the sighted so that they get a new challenge? Did you think about this just for one second?
Secondly, I dont know what your problem is, steam might be not the easiest program to set up, but it just takes a command behind the desktop icon, and that was it. Purchases can be done through the mobile app, games can be downloaded and played through the accessible icon in the notification erria, I don't get your problem.

2017-04-06 23:33:56

Hi Idea cabin.

I'm afraid I missed trying the demo last year since I believe I was at music school when it was released.
While I do not agree with the tone of Musical professor's question, I do wonder if you might please consider also having a version available for direct purchice that does not require the steam platform, since the steam console itself is! far more trouble to setup for a vi user, and while I certainly see the value making the game available to average sighted steam users to let people know audiogames exist, it would be far more convenient given steam's inherent inaccessibility if Vi gamers could buy the game directly from yourself and download it as a standard executable.

it is not that steam is literally impossible, it is just that it takes ocr and quite literally scanning the screen create an account and set the program up in the first place, which is why it would be far better if there was an alternative method of purchice. Sadly Valve have been petitioned many many times and questioned on this matter and have literally ignored the hole issue, ---- which I confess is another reason why i personally would prefer a way to purchice the game that circumvents steam, since I would rather not support a company who pretend blind people do not exist.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-07 04:52:52

Steam does not need OCR! You can put -no-drwrite and have it auto login. Then you just use your nvda object review to use it. Buy the game through the website.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-04-07 05:46:53

Come on guys, you are making an elefant out of this problem.
It's just 30 seconds off eford to put the no dwrite command behind the icon and you#re done, just use NVDA object nav to go through the window and that was it.
And if you have problems with doing that, well, welcome to the real world where not everything is made for blindy people.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-04-07 06:58:00

I agreed!!! I just purchase the game. Can I download the game on the steam website?

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2017-04-07 07:48:49

Hello @simba, a little question. If I buy the game in this early access, i have to pay again for the complete release? Or atmost we have a discount if we pay in this early access?
And man, don't ear these anoying people that can fight with steam, or rent  eyes for 5 minutes x3u.
thanks for the efort.

2017-04-07 10:08:43

Hi.
At san, as far as I have read, you still need to pay the game, but because you took part in the early access program, there is quite the discound on the game, so it's not that bad.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-04-07 17:28:07

@dark I'm not so sure they can legally. I think once you put a game on steam, Valve get exclusivity rights. I don't know that for 100% fact, but I can tell you this, Valve takes a ridiculous cut from the devs, like 40% or so.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-04-08 00:00:24

Hi.
Umm, a key reference would be quite nice, I am at this scene with those two guards and I should place something in their path, but how does this work? I almost cant understand that announcer due to his  mumbeling speach.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-04-08 00:08:28

Considering Valve's blatant disregard for accessibility I can relate to people's frustrations, though would ask Musical Professor to calm down and give this dev a chance. Yes, Valve has a track record of influence. But it's not the dev's fault that Steam exists. And you are also overreacting. Steam may not be accessible, but it's certainly not impossible to set up. It's been said on here time and again that you just need to modify the shortcut with your login credentials, flip the -no-dwrite switch, and use object navigation. And if you aren't using nvda, try it. You'll like it. Screenreaders are not one size fits all. Thanks to Desura going under, that's no longer an option for devs, which is a shame, as that one was a major distribution portal for indie devs, free of drm, and very accessible. There's the guidedog games distribution site for blind gamers specifically, if you wanted to distribute through them you'd have to get in touch with Denis to see if it can be implemented into the game. The best solution I can see for this problem is to have folks order the game on Steam, since the Steam website is at least accessible, have them send you the order number and then an executable could be given to them. That way you can still distribute the game on Steam, which don't get me wrong is a great choice for distributing games, it being the most popular one for the masses despite its major accessibility flaws. You can distribute via Steam while still providing the option of a steam-independent version after purchase.

2017-04-08 00:11:59

how does one use object nav with steam though? I've tried doing it but I can never get anywhere, I have to use the review cursor to get stuff done

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-04-08 17:32:14

Dd, you should really try ObjPad. It's an addon that lets you change the behavior of the arrows by hitting ctrl+insert+tab. There's web mode, complete with a roter, and scan mode which works a lot like flat review or a jaws cursor with just the arrows.

2017-04-10 13:13:27

So I'm usually not one for asking how to complete certain game levels, but I am completely at a loss here. I really want to finish what's available of this game right now, so I can provide feedback to the developer.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
I am on the level where I have been instructed to find something to eat and have been given a knife. After this point, I have no idea how I am supposed to go about this task. I have tried every possible solution that I can think of. Anyone who can offer any help is appreciated.
E
N
D
O
F
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

There is also a read me for the game. It's pretty short, so I'll post it here. Hope no one minds.

Read Me:
Headphones are recommended to get a better idea of what direction sound is coming from.

Keys:

WASD and arrow keys - movement
Y - Invert verticle axis, if you seam to be moving the wrong way, this is probably what you need to do!
Escape (press twice in a row) - Exit game
Backspace - Restart current level

For information on Dark Passenger, please see our website: www.ideacabin.com

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-04-10 13:48:31

Hi.
I still dont get what I should do about those two patroling guards, I just dont get that level xD.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-04-14 08:05:11

hey guys,
First of all, thank you so much for putting the link to this game on here.
Second, I'm rather stuck, and on the first damned part actually excuse my language.
How on earth, do I get the tranquilizer? I pressed every key on my keyboard, and nothing does it.
I move over to my right, center the noise, and hit all the keys, nothing occurs, and I keep dying.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson