2017-04-09 19:17:36

Hi.
I realise there have been many questions regarding how to use steam lately, some of which were asked by me.    One of the great things about my job, is that I get to research and write about accessibility, games and the like  whenever I have time.   So this week I plan on writing of a guide for steam, and possibly use either skulgirls, or legacy of the duelist  as a game example.  I will have the guide done by this week, however I can only post it once I have my PC issue  with the forum  thinking I am a bot resolved.  Would people be interested in this ?  I'm going to do it regardless, I'm just curious .

2017-04-09 20:10:45

Hi
an updated guide on how to use Steam I am interested.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2017-04-09 23:29:37

I'd also be interested in this, as while I can provide some info I don't know how accurate it'll be lately.

2017-04-09 23:29:37

I would be interested in a guide--particularly if it takes the user from having no account and not having steam on their system to playing a game.

2017-04-09 23:48:45

What are you going to change from the original guide?  It boils down to install steam, put -no-dwrite in the desktop icon and learn to use object and screen review in nvda to navigate around the steam window.  We still can't invite players to games since the UI for inviting does not use the settings that you tell steam to launch with.

2017-04-10 05:45:17

I'd be interested too, I've gotten it to work but maybe I'd learn something new

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-04-10 07:41:56

I would be interested in this as well. I have a working account and have Steam working on my Mac, but it would be great to have an updated version on how to get this up and running on Windows as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-04-10 11:21:53

I'm doing some extra playing around at the moment, and will also be covering cases where the mobile app is useful .  This question gets asked by so many people at the moment, so I'm hoping it will be useful .

2017-04-10 20:03:09

At slj, are you using a virtual machine, or the steam app for mac? Just curious.

2017-04-11 07:35:43

I'm using the Steam app for Mac. It is not very accessible, but I can log in, and download the few games I have using the webside, or if I remember correctly, using the IOS app. I haven't used the Steam app for long time.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-04-13 21:48:48

I too would love a guide that takes me from never having had any interaction with Steam, to playing a game. How comprehensive are you planning on making this guide? Also, a user said there is another guide that exists, could somebody post a link to that one so I can do some light reading and testing?
I would love to be able to play Yugioh, I love games like that.

GeminiLancer

2017-04-13 22:41:53

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=13431

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-04-14 10:09:42

I've heard the You Don't Know Jack games are available on Steam and, while not completely accessible (Jack Attack anyone?) that series remains one of my all-time favorites. As such I'd love to get my grubby little paws on them again.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-04-14 10:25:39

I'm in the middle of writing it, and I have messaged the admin regarding my forum problem.   Soon as that's fixed and I can log on with my computer, I will post it.

2017-04-19 05:40:58

Hello,

Well, I know my Steam guide isn't really perfect but I believe it's covering everything. What else do you want to add to your guide?

BTW, inviting to games is possible through Steam client. Just click on your friend and click right mouse button on the one you want to invite. If someone will invite you just go to the chat windows and click on 'JOIN'

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-04-19 22:26:26

@Death
Thanks for the link. Now all I need is life to leave me alone for like a week so I can game out hard like I used to! Damn job and GF lol.

GeminiLancer

2017-04-20 01:33:37

Happy to help. smile (If you need an excuse just say you need to play a card game to save the world.)

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-04-22 01:44:55

Thanks for that Lyron.  Going to give that a try sometime.

2017-05-26 09:04:23

hello. off topic. I have steam account running but I reinstall because I don't know how to make nvda read the window by using object navigation. when I wanna click something the windows doesn't move anyware. now. I ggot steam gard code. I don't know where to enter the code. I use to enter in the steam shortcut but no space anymore. I don't know how to navigate with nvda navigation. I also installed cloud ocr. hope you all guys can guide me