2017-04-08 16:10:03

Hello to all on the forum.
I have a question
Why can the admins on the forum create a whatsapp group?
It is not a problem for me, i was just wundering.
You could just create a rools page on the website, and you can put the link on the forum.
Or what else i was thinking about, is you could create different groups for different cattagories, and different languages.
Just a thought.
Thanks

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-04-09 08:10:09

Hi Ashley!
we don't such whats app groups because only you can add 256 participants and who knows that people will join.
but at this website wecan register and we cannot leave without the permits.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2017-04-09 10:40:15

Hi I want to create one
If you want to join, pm

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2017-04-09 11:12:37

It was just an idea.

best regards

2017-04-10 14:54:47

Moderation!

As this is a question about the site I'll move it to the site and forum feedback area.

Well the first reason we don't have a whatsap group is that I don't believe any of the admins use whatsp, or at least I don't.
The second reason is a bit more complex.

This forum is attached to the website and it is what we manage.
If I understand whatsap correctly it's pretty much another social media system like reddit, and would be basically like another forum which we already have and likely wouldn't have time to moderate even if we had one.

The same goes for why we don't have an audiogames.net chatroom, im group, myspace linkedin, etc etc with all those other social media encarnations that are basically glorified chat programs.
We do have facebook and twitter feeds, but they are more a matter of dispensing news than anything else, indeed I believe they just replicate the news that is posted to the front of site and so aren't really intended for discussion.

Lastly as to other languages, well again English is the only common language among all the admins so it is the only language we can moderate in which is the same reason we don't have forums in languages other than English.

I hope this answers the question.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-11 13:07:58

Ok i understand, i am sorry.

best regards

2017-04-11 14:46:49

No need to be sorry Ashley, if you don't ask you don't know.

If Oriol or anyone else wants to create an audiogames whatsap group that would be fine, we just can't do it ourselves directly from this site, or at least I can't anyway, but that isn't to say someone else couldn't, after all there is more than enough room for audiogame related groups in many different places.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-14 11:32:40

Technically, a WhatsApp group always works, if there are people willing to create- and administrate one. Additionally, more admins could be nominated by the group creator, but that's music of the future, I guess.
I personally don't have anything against WhatsApp groups, but I usually first monitor it from a distance by, for instance, asking people who is in there, how the traffic is like, etc. Depending on these criteria, I usually decide whether I'd like to join or not. Depending on how things develop concerning the WhatsApp group, I will consider joining the group.
I would not post a public link into this forum to join the group, because this might reach the wrong people and we are not able to properly administrate the group anymore.

Still, a WhatsApp is an interesting idea and I keep monitoring it. big_smile

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.