2017-01-22 05:45:06

just want to say to the player I played earlier that went by the name rai, you really gave me some good comp, yeach game you progressed and caught on to my strategy. I did burst into laughter when ironically the first two games I won the exact same way. the forth game I will admit you had me on the ropes, you probably would have actually pulled that game out if it wasn't for your connection dropping. well see you back on the battle field, good games

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-02-26 09:25:25

just bumping this topic back onto the first page. I haven't been on the server in a couple weeks, im back now if anyone is up for a game

2017-04-09 00:21:33

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that the Jungle server is now back up again - I had some issues with the VPS. Sorry for the downtime!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2017-04-09 11:19:11

ahhhh haven't played this in a couple weeks, if anyone is up for a game, drop in, I will be in the lobby all day

2017-04-09 12:07:51

@smoothgunner I'll think about it; last time I had a match against you I lost big time. Not happening again! *Grin*

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2017-04-13 12:23:58

haha phil you know I am the king in this game lol

2017-04-15 13:47:14

I will be on again today. I see a couple players dropped in like rai, but everytime someone came in, I was in the middle of something. so when you all get a chance, stop by for a game or two

2017-05-28 03:15:38

Bringing this back up to the top, for some reason I can't connect to the lobby. When I click on online play, it tells me the lobby can't be reached. What's going on?
Thanks so much.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-05-28 04:15:11

It's the blasted VPS going down again. It should be back up and running now. Sorry for the trouble!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2017-05-28 09:19:09

Hi.
It's great to see that people are stil playing this awesome game. I'm motivated to start playing again. Is it possible to translate the game into other languages? I don't remember...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-30 03:29:22

didn't know we had people back playing, ill keep it open if anyone wants to drop in for a game

2017-05-30 03:30:43

phil i know you are busy, but have you ever thought of updating the game with a chat command, sound effects, music, and any other small updates?

2017-05-30 03:39:24

@smoothgunner Yes, I have. I have a list of things I'd like to add to the game but I don't know when I'll get to it. Maybe over Christmas? I'll let you all know when the time comes, of course.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2017-05-30 17:48:10

just glad to know an update is coming, take your time.....and again im on if anyone is up for a game......I seen a couple players dropped by yesterday, but guys if I don't respond to your request right away, don't leave so quickly, give me time to respond because I am doing other things at the times you drop in

2018-06-23 13:58:07

bumping this thread to the top, for all the new users to the site that never heard of this game. if you are a fan of chess you should love this game. download it, and take it for a spin. if you don't understand how it works, you can find my tutorials on how to play it, throughout this thread....I will have the server open pretty much all day today if anyone wants to get in a game or two

2018-06-23 15:07:04

You guys might be interested to know that I am very close to having a graphical version of the game ready for testing. It's exactly the same game, with the same server protocol etc so that blind and sighted users will be able to play on equal terms.

There's no definite release date or anything yet, but I'll keep you all posted!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2018-06-23 15:50:26

I suck at chess, so I probably would be much good at this but the idea seems cool enough.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-23 16:40:28

to the player I just had a match with, you were pretty good. I know I left you pretty much cornered, but realize I have been playing the game since its release, so I  became very good at it, so im def a tough opponent, but don't get discouraged. and Philip do you plan on adding anymore features to the game other than graphics??? like sounds for when pieces move/get captured, a chat feature, or even an action log, so we can view our opponents previous moves

2018-06-24 01:17:06

@smoothgunner I do plan to introduce the move history hotkeys, especially because I would find those useful as well. I've also added some sound effects for when pieces are captured etc. Aside from that, the big new thing is the graphical front-end.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2018-06-24 02:15:04

@smoothgunner Guess that was me. I don't know if my connection was dead or it was a serverside problem, but I'm sorry that the game ended abruptly.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-06-24 05:17:11

nyanchan I would love to get in another match. what type of forms of communication do you have? twitter? Skype? or I guess as your signature says email?

2018-06-24 14:55:24 (edited by nyanchan 2018-06-24 15:00:29)

I'm actually not good at this kind of board game as you are, but yes, let's, of course.
I'm available at most of the social networking services though, I mainly use Twitter and Skype. But I don't recommend following me because I tweet 99.9% in Japanese except replies. smile
My twitter is nyanchan 2013 and my skype is nyanchan pc 0902. Please make sure you remove spaces, this is just for anti-spam.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-06-25 23:56:35 (edited by Orko 2018-06-26 00:12:55)

@Philip_bennefall

With this new graphics version be in addition to the audio only version or will it replace it, and if it replaces it, will the graphics be an option we can turn off if we don't need them?

I've played this game before and am getting back into it. Great game! Excellent work! Thanks for sharing!

@smoothgunner

I would love to listen to your tutorials, except that every one of your dropbox links is dead.

Since they already have Jungle in their collection, why don't you submit your tutorials to the audio games archive? That way you wouldn't have to keep refreshing those dropbox links, and players like me wouldn't have to wait for working links to get the tutorials.

http://www.agarchive.net/
https://agarchive.net/pages/devs/blastbay.html

2018-06-26 03:24:51

@Orko The graphics and audio versions will be combined into one. You won't be able to turn off the graphics, but sighted players can turn off the voice if they want to.

I'm really glad you like the game!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2018-06-26 15:03:59

If anyone has smoothgunner's tutorials, I'd appreciate it very much if you could upload them for me. If you don't have dropbox or any place else to upload them to, you can upload them here:

https://www.sendspace.com/dropbox/qn017u

Thanks!