2017-04-01 22:30:14

Lost Souls is a medieval fantasy MUD that is very deep and complex, with many things to do, places to explore, etc. I am new and wonder if anyone here has played it and can offer some assistance. I just don't get it in general. For one thing, I don't like the prompts in combat, I can't stand that stuff as it always makes me miss what's actually doing on, second, I don't know how to learn new skills, 3rd, I really don't know what to actually do outside of combat, which can end up fatal for me. So, are there any seasoned players out there who can lend a hand?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-08 14:09:43

I am bumping this to the top to see if there are any answers. From what I gather, this is  a very free-range, non-linear mud based on progressions of skills in guilds.

https://wiki.lostsouls.org/Boggotin%27s_Guide

maybe some others have played this. It is likely the most in-depth game I've ever seen.

2018-03-08 14:54:51

I am also new in the game , haha
to turned off the prompt type:
set vitals display off.
for skills I think you have to join a guild first
yes it is a great mud, but the command , ouch, I have to set so many alias big_smile

2018-03-08 16:37:09

I admit lost souls is one where the complexity sort of puts me off, the game looks crazy, though all the reports I've heard have been good, plus it's apparently very well put together for screen readers, or at least so I've heard.
You can find out more in This topic which was posted a few years ago and has some info and guidance.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-08 18:09:47

and oh, the combat is bloody hard, too , haha, there even a player that suggest me to not   involve into combat before I reach level  50, just do the challenge and questing.