2017-03-31 01:50:20 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2019-07-07 06:20:30)

Hello people.

Firstly if this is the wrong forum to post, please excuse me.

I have decided to post in this forum, as I would like to know if anyone has played this Pokémon Crystal ROM hack. It is compatible with the Lua script that Tyler Spivey made to play Pokémon Crystal using a screen reader.
The maps are not named correctly, but that is fixed with some other command available in the Lua script.
The hack is not patched. You need a tool for patch it, for example Lunar IPS.

The webpage to download the patch can be found here.

It has new custom music, all catchable Pokémon (Including Mewtwo and Celebi) new trainers, New maps to explore, and more.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)

2017-03-31 05:45:30

Nope, you posted in the right spot. Yeah I hadn't heard anything about it (that I remember,) but I've been playing it for a bit and it seems interesting. Definitely a bit of nostalgia seeing the gen 1 map again... I was amazed at how much of it I seem to remember. lol

2017-03-31 06:26:06

Yeah, this hack is amazing. There's so much to do, and it challenges you much more than the original game. Wish there was a way to battle and trade online, I don't think I'd ever do anything else for a while haha.

2017-03-31 06:28:25

Do I need to do anything special before using the patch?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-03-31 06:36:32

No, just use lunar ips to patch a clean coppy of the rom and you're good to go, unless you want to set up the advanced AI. Not sure how that works because I didn't mess around with it, but you don't need it to enjoy the game.

2017-03-31 07:06:25

Are there things that don't work in this? I.E the footsteps sounds and the like?

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-03-31 07:17:59

Yeah the footstep sounds don't work, and that did anoy me at first, but you can use the camera to hear the type of terrain that's around you. Very useful when trying to find patches of grass and such. Also, as mentioned in the first post, some of the maps aren't named properly, but you can use the poke gear's map to see where you are, and use commands in the scrypt to rename rooms and objects if you want.

2017-04-01 07:45:59 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2018-06-02 02:10:44)

That's right, we only need LunarIPS, the Pokémon Crystal ROM that is good in PCA (Pokémon Crystal Access) and ready, we do not need anything else.

I do not put the ROM patched here because they say that's piracy. I think the problem of not sounding grass, water, etc. I think it can be fixed by accessing one of the scripts in the lua folder (I do not know exactly which of them)

It's complicated, I know absolutely nothing about Lua and I do not want to spoil the script.

To run the game with AI, I need Python; I do not know if it will work, but I'll try anyway.

The source code for this game is available on Github, so it is good news for those curious who experience (as well as me big_smile)

It is true that this hack challenges you (I completed it) more than 4 months ago, so I do not remember so much the extra things out there.

I also recommend that you download the package of documents, as they specify the location of Pokemon (essential to complete the game) Items, trainers, Battle Tower trainers, etc.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2017-04-01 12:53:58

Glad to see that other people are discovering the utter awesomeness that is Anniversary Crystal. Yes, the footstep sounds don't work and some maps and objects aren't named properly, but if you can get passed that, it is so worth it. Shoutout to post 7 for mentioning the workarounds for those two issues so I don't have to smile
I could talk about this thing for ages, but here's just a little tip for y'all: go to options and set the text speed to instant. Easily my favorite minor improvement they've made. Makes the game feel so much faster. And yes, get the docs. They're very helpful.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2017-04-01 13:15:00

To fix the footsteps, edit lang\en\ram.lua and change the value of RAM_FOOTSTEP_FUNCTION to 0x2923.

2017-04-01 13:26:47

Well, you've got yourself a thumbs up. I can't believe it's just a matter of a simple edit.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2017-04-01 16:39:19

hello,
wehre can i get this game
please give me link or anything else
thanks

2017-04-01 17:26:40

Since now there's a fix for the footsteps and the like I guess I'll give this a spin. Pokemon with a challenge sounds almost more fun than just pokemon alone big_smile

Believe it or not,but when I play or have played pokemon like games(the normal crystal version,braillemon, and manamon) I aim to not lose a single trainer battle, not use any potions either. Although I did give up on that idea in manamon the potions part at least, in all the others I have managed just fine.

Lets see how that works out in this one. big_smile

@DEKYO, I don't think the mods would mind, considering the pca release already comes with the rom anyway.

@tspivey, I played around with the alpha/beta of your scripts and am used to the / key for directions and the like,can that be changed in this version? that is,is there any way I could get it to behave like that?

Thanks!
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-04-01 19:59:45

Grryfindore,
If you manage to go through this one without ever losing a battle, then I will personally write a 3 page essay explaining to everyone in the audiogaming community why you are god of all things pokemon lol.
But anyway, that aside, I'm stuck. Minor spoilers ahead:
Does anyone know where to find Blane's research notes? I'm thinking I might have to go back in the volcano or something, but I really don't want to do that heh.

2017-04-01 20:19:56

I do have to say, I love how this game starts you in kanto, like RBY. Looking forward to playing this more.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-04-01 20:20:12 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2018-06-02 02:12:18)

@tspivey
It's great, thank you very much, now we can play it more comfortably.

I'm thinking of starting the game again, because it was months ago that I completed it and some things I forgot u.u

@omer, the link to the hack page is in the first post. You will need to have the IPS file, a Pokémon Crystal English ROM to patch the IPS with a Software called LunarIPS.

If you want the patched hack, I do not know if I really should leave a download link with the ROM. Many people do this, so I will not be the exception if I leave the game here already patched.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2017-04-02 02:29:01

link is down

2017-04-02 02:45:14

I fixed the link.

Rarely happens that, when entering the page gave me an error that said that the server was not in Http (first H with a capital letter)

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2017-04-02 03:52:09

I can't get it to read anything. What do I do?

2017-04-02 05:01:04

@death

What do you mean with that?

Is there a problem?

Does something happen with the script?

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2017-04-02 05:56:08

I just patched the rom, copied and pasted the files in the lua folder from the PCA folder, and ran pokemon.lua and it didn't read. Did I do something wrong?

2017-04-02 06:10:22 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2017-04-02 06:12:48)

I really do not know what could be causing that.

Try to download PCA again, but this time do not touch or modify anything that is related to the Lua folder and its files.

If it does not work you will have to ask someone else if you can solve this.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2017-04-02 06:22:27

Now it goes to the first battle says waiting, and does nothing.

2017-04-02 06:27:08

Can you send an audio or something to know at least what happens?

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2017-04-02 08:04:51

Silly question, but did you alt tab out and back to the emulator?

Take care, it's a desert out there.