2017-03-23 19:22:01

I'll give you the same hint someone on the newbie channel gave me. not all containers look like containers, indeed as a general rule on 4d you should try to look in or on or behind or under most anything you can.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-23 19:50:37

I got the voucher now...just because I forgot there was a description I missed looking and it turned out to be that, silly.
Now...to struggle and get stuck at something else...just got back from frandum some days ago rocking like 14 15 something points. Now for 4d.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-03-25 15:50:41 (edited by Saphira 2017-03-25 16:00:16)

Very interesting place. I love mysteries and puzzles. I have no idea what to tell to apollo in Quest academy.
EDIT
I am playing as Irniss

2017-03-25 16:57:21

@Saphira, This one is actually easier than you might think. look at the description of appollo and think what you should do to show respect to a god.
Also if your looking for all the zone flags and vouchers, remember that you have five senses big_smile.

@MArta I'll be interested to see how you get on. I do think there is a great game in there, there are some awesome systems, but I've never known a game frustrate me quite as often as 4d and yet make me want to play. In some cases this is due to illogical problems like the one with the girl and the forest I mentioned a while back, in others I'm not sure, though generally I will say bug reports are your friends if something is confusing, just don't expect to be told literally what to do.

The crafting I have to say is particularly awesome! and provides a great way  tay advance without having the usual kill fest.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-25 19:45:23

Sometimes it's not just "say to this guy this" and the quest will advance. It's all sort of thing, and some of them you have no idea. Good thing people from all over the world don't dance to worship the god:p

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-03-26 01:05:07

My major problem in 4d is that it's often hard to distinguish what is a step in a quest or other activity that is simply oscure or what is a bug.
For example as I said,  when I tried harvesting the vines, looking at the description of the vines told me they were covered with grapes, but look in vine told me they were empty which was am confusing. There are several other problems of this sort, where things are just a little obscure and often I'm not sure of the reason why something works or does not work as it does.

Then again when the game works it's amazing, crafting in 4d simply rocks! I love the way you have almost little minigames for many of the crafts and amusing descriptions, if you want a genuine challenge, try gardening!

2017-03-26 04:03:20

I haven't advanced that far yet, but sure making progress here and there is rewarding. That's why muds like frandum and this one never die.:)

2017-03-26 08:21:51

I think in general Frandom is easier than 4d, or at least things in frandom are a little more consistant in terms of tone and what you need to do, Frandom's help files also do seem rather more complete than those in 4d.
Then again 4d does have amazingly good crafting and some of the quests I've tried in 4d when they work are awesome and while other players can be a little obscure generally admins are pretty good if you submit a bug report, also 4d has a little combat and some pretty fun to use ranged weapons, so you pays your money you takes your choice as my dad says.

If you need any help with the newbie zones let me know, since I did get everything. Once your done it's on to quests and crafting, actually i should check back in to 4d and see how things are going.

2017-03-26 12:08:02

Frandum updates helpfiles everytime new features are added, which is something I admittedly like. The devs are cool too. You have no idea how many times I've joked around with them and get something in return that makes me smile for days, lol.
As to 4d, I haven't run into any dev yet so I can't tell. But it's interesting so far, though syntax can be more troublesome than frandum. In Frandum, I find riddle and puzzle more involving and troublesome though, lol. But I like both so yeah.

2017-03-26 16:31:42

Well in fairness to the 4d admins after all the shenanigans I had about trading skins and making bundles and such they updated the skinning helpfile with more information which was good, so they do do updates (type changes).

Though in fairness I do need to get back to Frandom and see where things are going.

2017-03-26 18:30:16

As a side update: I'm not starting frandum and 4d soundpack projects, officially. Cross your fingers guys.

2017-03-27 01:18:06

If you do go back to 4d, give Victorian England a try. One of the items you get for completion of that area's quests is called the Deerstalker Cap, and it has a very nice perk to it which will help with quests. I won't explain a whole lot, except to say that it will make searching a little easier.

If you do try VE, and get stuck, let me know where/how and I will be happy to give tips, but I won't walk you through it outright. There's some very atmospheric stuff there, and the writing is pretty good. It was definitely my favourite area that I saw, and once I got past the first hurdles of the area, it was quite fun.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-03-27 03:01:24

I kinda get stuck around the future newbie zone, the one with zera wanting her bracelet...just have no bloody clue of what to do or to search for next really. still trying.

2017-03-27 14:32:05

@Jayde I'll let you know, as I said I'm having a bit of a break from muds for a while since I think I got a bit mudded out big_smile.
@Marta, the bracelet thing isn't too bad, just look around the area and the things you find. If I remember rightlyyou will need to look at something mentioned in a room description to find the bracelet, but once you find the right thing to look at it's fairly obvious, the main thing is just to search systematically since there are a fair number of rooms often with similar names.

2017-03-27 16:02:27

thank you. Just checking if i don't overfocus on useless sense of command lol

2017-04-01 04:47:32

Hi,
maybe you guys can help me with 2 Little Problems i have in 4d:-):

I can't find the robber Baron Zone flag and
I also can'T find any hints which weapon starSoul wants
maybe I could get 1 or 2 hints here, I'd realy appriciate the help!
thanks and have a nice day, evening or night

2017-04-01 09:09:53

It's the destination...actually the thing, for one quest. I took like forever to accidentally find one. And the thing is it's not by sensing this time. It's by guessinng the proper word to ask someone.

2017-04-01 11:56:29

@nyrill, I'll give you two hints.

For starsoul it's easier than you might expect. Listen to what he says about what killed his companions and go and find the creature in question, since hay anything that strong must have some mighty weapons.

For the robber barron flag, my best advice is to look in everything, even things that you wouldn't think contain things. The description for this particular object also mentions that it might be a bit more spacious than you would expect.

If you want more specific info feel free to ask, though hopefully these hints should get you started.