2017-02-04 07:32:10

7zip, is an extremely good freeware unziping utility. The reason it's needed for the audiogames archive, is that the files there are compressed using the 7z format which is unique to 7zip, and compresses to a much smaller size than your standard zip or ra files, hence why it's been used on the audiogames archive to save space.
I know the free version of winzip won't handle 7z format stuff, I'm not sure about the fully licensed one, but you can easily get 7zip from http://www.7-zip.org/

To unzip, just find the file in windows explorer and use the context menu to find 7zip and it's various extraction options.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-04 15:48:34 (edited by john 2017-02-04 15:50:12)

Dark is exactly correct.
Winzip may be able to work with 7z files - they are fairly common - but you're probably better off getting 7zip itself (I'll spare you my "7zip is free, don't buy something when you can get equal or better without paying" soapbox).
There is a link to the 7zip homepage on agarchive.net, though the installers themselves are not hosted.
One other reason I've taken to using 7z files is that it allows differentiation between files that have been modified in some way.
An example of this being the archives for the open source version of tdv.
Since I packaged the compiled archive myself, the 7z format was used to make it clear both to myself and users that this wasn't "original packaging" from the developer.

@Dark:
I'll look forward to your recordings smile.
If there's any particular information you want me to include in your section, just send it along with the files themselves.

2017-02-04 17:20:29

If you have a license for winzip, you can use it to open 7zip files, either one does the job. Personally I recommend 7zip because of the fast file operation rate, but hey, if you paid for something you might as well use it as long as it does the job well. As an alternative there is Ultimate Zip, but make sure to get a really old version, because ultimate zip is now a paid product and it used to be free. Plus, I personally find the free version more accessible.

2017-02-04 19:18:21

@John, most of my recordings are podcasts I've made for one or other organization over time. I'll send you them and let you know their various histories.
As to 7zip, I actually switched from winzip to 7zip myself when I found I preferd the latter, though admitedly that was the free version of 7zip, and was many years ago back in 2004 or so, though I've never had issues with 7zip so haven't investigated what winzip or any other zipping program is doing now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-04 19:20:16

@Dark I'm looking forward to listen to your recordings if they're on the audio games archive

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-03-29 19:27:55

Hi All,
agarchive.net appears to be experiencing some downtime, reason currently unknown.
This includes the actual site, as well as email.
If you've sent an email in the last 24 hours or so, please save a copy and try resending when the site comes back up.

2017-03-30 01:52:42

when did the site go down?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-03-30 02:17:59

I don't have exact data, but within the last 36 hours.
As of the time of this writing, it is still unavailable.

2017-03-30 03:11:49

Update:
agarchive.net is back up.
Thanks to Patrick I've also just fixed some spectacular html typos on the recordings page, so for anybody who thought it looked strange before, please give it another shot.

2017-03-30 08:24:01

Hi.
I haven't had the time to check the archive for very long time. Are you still looking for something?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-26 04:44:53

@John:
Can you add 3 audiogame packs that are abandonware?
1: DZK games collection,
2: Old DragonApps Games
and 3: the simulation and games pack?
The last one I've lost it in an external hd, so any help, appreciated be will.
Advance in thanks, and archive games audio awesome that for you thank!

73 Wj3u

2017-07-26 18:43:28

Old Dragonapps titles? Already on the archive. Dzk? Have them, I'll upload it. Simulators? used to have that one, not sure where that one is.

2017-07-26 23:51:06

It's that pack with the buggy train blablablá and all that stuff.

73 Wj3u

2017-07-27 11:57:17

Hello John, I really apreciate your work and I like this database.

If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail me at [email protected].
We can also get in touch on Telegram.

2017-09-24 21:26:54

Hello I'm noticing that their have been a few tactical battle maps that were added to the archive They sound really good, however I can't download them because the links seem to be broken, My email is acting up so I figured I'd report them on here. The first is the command and concor red alert map, the second is rampage map, and the third is command and concord abbie I think?

Audio game king