2017-03-29 22:10:13

Firstly, hello people! Today, I'd like to tell you about this new moo. Its a cyber-punk themmed rp-enforced game which has been open cince 1994.
Its codebase is very extencive. Bellow, I'll list some of its features as I've been playing it for almost 7 years..
*Ability to become a decker and enter the matrix (hacker)
*Ability to drive vehicles that have weapon emplacements on them. Ever wanted to shoot a missile from the launcher thats on the side of your car?
Go a head
*crime factions (Join the Mafia, Yakusa or Russian mafia)
For those who don't know cyberpunk is a genrry of science fiction. Neuromancer, Hellmoo among other things are cyberpunk.
Basically when you start the game you'll be put through a small intro tutorial that'll show you some of the games features..
Then you have the choice to create our character in 3 ways:
Basic: You get a few points to put into your character and you can just explore the gameworld
Standard: You get more points but you have to write a background, description and they have to be approved by the admins.
advanced: Here the requirements are stricter, admins will expect more quality in your background and description.
One thing: Unless you are in basic char-gen, it'll take a bit of time to create and get your haracter approved. Cybersphere is a very detailed game
and the admins will want you to for instance justify your skills in your bacground.
I'm open to answer any questions about the game. Eiter ask here or add me on skype: Caioneutron.

2017-03-29 22:13:42

Here is the moo connection info:
cs.netsville.com
port 7777

2017-03-29 22:49:50

Hi.
So, with the admins approving the players, this will go like star conquest where you could wright down what ever you want and didnt get accept, even though your storyline is polished very well?
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-03-29 23:26:08

People still play this?

I played this for the last time probably seven years ago. I played it for several years before that, until my character went out hard in a blaze of glory and exploding vehicles.

I'm surprised to hear about it. It kind of seems dead these days, unless it's really picked up. I've been tempted to start playing it again for a while, but the list of characters on has been so short when I've checked that I'm not sure it's worth it for the player interaction, given that a lot of it is player-driven, even more so if you want the good stuff.

Is it actively being worked on? Depending on your answers, I might actually come back, as long as Lewski behaves. There is a point when some characters who have been around since the beginning of Cybersphere need to die.

2017-03-30 00:06:03

Ok, to answer questions..
First it isn't like star conquest.. Admins rarelly won't accept your submission. They just want you to really work to build a real character. When
tey deny a submission they always justify it.
Second answer yes, the game sertainly is active.. There are a fair number of players in sertain hours of the day, times are variable really..
And yes, the game is sertainly still being worked on.. Promized features include a matrix 2.0, among other things. JST THIS MORNING THERE WAS A
small updated made to the game regarding 6mm ammo.
ALSSO A LOT CHANGED CINCE YOU WERE LAST ON.. tHERE ARE A LOT OF NEW SYSTEMS NOW, NEW FACTIONS PLAYERS CAN JOIN LIKE THE ncpk..
And finally people haven't been killing eachother that much latelly, due to a few old bies quitting the game.. All in all, things look really good
we just need more players to liven things up.

2017-03-30 00:25:34

Alsso, a lot of info about the game can be found on their website
https://www.cybersphere.net/cs/Main_Page

2017-03-30 04:05:06

Played this years ago, TBH the game is complete hot garbage. Cliques are the norm and as chojiro said, the moo is a baron wasteland, in a moo that depends on player interaction. 10 pounds of nope in a 5 pound bag. Stay far, far away. The one, one small praise I can hand out though, the combat descriptions are the best I've ever seen in any mud.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-03-30 04:31:40

@stirlock I don't know how things were when you played, Stirlock. But things have changed. Well, to each their own. I like this game because of the
theme and of the rp that can be very intensse at times.

2017-03-30 06:18:48

I don't think the basic option for chargen wasn't around last time I played. It was either standard or advanced, but TBH standard isn't that bad. SC makes it harder to write backgrounds than these guys.
BTW, the original admins of this game in 1994 went on to create HellMoo after giving it to the current admin team.

2017-03-30 06:57:09

Hi.
What about a new player coming into the game, how hard is it to get into it?
I mean is there a good help system, tutorial, helpfull people around?
And what about PK? Is it only PK based and if so, how much do you lose if you get killed?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-03-30 13:56:46

Ok.. Answering a few questions.. First pk is allowed.
They recently added a owonderful system to help newbies.. Just be sure that when you create your character you select the newbie tutorial advantage.
You'll start the game with a fair bit of money and you'll have acess to the @hints command which will give you well, hints and tips.
Pk there is allowed but now a days people won't just come and kill you. The game is rp-enforced, after all.
As for what you'll lose it depends.. You can have a clone which is a sort of 'save game' option. So you die, your clone is activated. If you don't
have enough money to create another clone and you die again, game over. But if you remember to always clone and update your clone (with your memories)
you will be fine.

2017-03-30 13:59:42

Pk isn't the only part of the game autough if you join one of the crime families, the members of the other two will earn money if they give your head
to their boss. Auternativelly, you can just join another gang and rp with its members. Check the game's webpage, it has a lot of usefull info.
And I didn't know the other admins went to create hellmoo.. Thats.. Interesting, to say the least.

2017-03-30 14:01:33

Oh and another thing, regarding clones..
Your clone never remembers how they died or who exactly killed them so griefing isn't much of an issue

2017-04-03 16:52:52

I generally did like Cybersphere. I actually found the roleplay was alright when I was playing it, and there were a lot of interesting things to explore, including a fun space station aspect and some really creepy mutations.

PK used to be intense when I was playing, and it would sometimes just erupt randomly, but that made it part of the fun. It meant that you had to watch your mouth, or be careful after operating on somebody as a doctor at times. Sometimes I'd get attacked for no reason, but that was very rare, unless someone thought I had overcharged when putting implants in someone.

I've met a lot of nice people through the game and had some of the biggest laughs. I still keep in touch with some of those folks. I'm excited to hear it's actively being worked on. The website didn't seem to be updated frequently when I checked, so it was a little hard to tell, aside from the forums of course. It was still hard to tell if it was fairly active, but I'm glad to hear that it is. I'll probably come back. I've always found it an appealing game compared to a lot of other games I've played.

2017-04-04 16:08:21

@chogiro I feel the same way about cs, Chogiro.. The pbase isn't too large but its manageable.. Rp is there and there are a lot of new systems..
The space station is still there and one of the things admins are working on is the game's space system.