2017-03-26 16:29:06

e
My brother is a huge fan of the restaurant ordering ap deliveroo. This is a service which apparently lets you order from restaurants as though they were takeaways, so you get good quality stuff at a reasonable price rather than paying the cowboys who usually run takaway places (and don't usually have as good food either).

The one thing I wonder though, is how accessible the ap is. Obviously trying for myself is an idea, but I don't want to get it wrong for obvious reasons since I don't like the idea of ordering Indian and ending up with Kentucky fried chicken :d.

Has anyone used Deliveroo? if so, how is the accessibility?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-26 17:30:04

Hi dark.

I've used deliveroo and it is quite accessible.

I ordered from a restaurant and the food arived in 15 minutes.

I deleted the app as I found that after I ordered once it wasn't as accessible. I don't understand this but perhaps all I needed to do was to close and open the app again.

The great thing about this app is that you can pay with apple pay and it is very simple.

I'd recommend checking it out as it is free and as far as I know,, there's no way of ordering indian and getting KFC.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-03-26 18:06:23

Seeing I don't live anywhere close to the UK I haven't tried the app, but I would suggest you give it a try as there isn't much of a risk of accidentaly placing an unwanted order. If it's anything like similar apps/websites in Poland, and any shop for that matter really, it'd be pretty hard to pay for something you don't want. There's usually some kind of confirmation screen that  will clearly list what's going to be in your order, including quantities and prices, as well as options to select a payment method. And assuming even if you do click pay now, if you use a method like bank transfer or paypal you still have to go through the website of that company. So that's one more place where you can just back out.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-03-29 00:56:15

I haven't tried Deliveroo yet, but I might because they've clearly got some good deals with some pretty important restaurants that others haven't (I think Dominos and Subways are among them). Right now I'm using and am almost completely happy with HungryHouse. My only real criticism is that they spam you with push notifications enticing you to come back and use the app. Annoying, but not without a simple workaround, which is to simply turn off the notifications in Settings (and leave a 1-star review to the effect of "You won't get another star from me until you stop the spam!"). You could try it, Dark.

Just myself, as usual.