2017-03-20 18:35:48

Hello.
In case anyone's wondering, there was a CD that had an updated version of Hark the Sound, Sonic Zoom, The Last Crusade, and Descent into Madness. The primary feature of the CD was the updated Hark the Sound, where they added pad games, which made use of the Dance Dance Revolutionary Pad. Sonic Zoom and The Last Crusade had a few miner bug fixes as far as I'm aware. Descent into Madness added quit to the action menu, fixed the saving bug where it would crash when you tried to load a game, and a few other bug fixes. I was wondering if anyone has the CD with these versions of the programs? If you do, is it legal to put these files on the forum for others to grab, or is this a paid product? If anyone can give me this info, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-03-26 05:20:16

If nobody has that cd, do you know where I can find the online versions of these games?

TWITCH

2017-03-26 07:20:15

Hello Shotgunshell.
I didn't know they updated their products at all. I'm sure somebody has them. I don't sorry, like I said I had no idea this existed. I'd say since the company hasn't been heard from in 10 years or more this could be abandonware.. They haven't come right out and said it, but as you might know this happens a lot, a company makes a commercial or free game, then they disappear and don't say whether their product is abandonware or not. If your a member you might try asking on AppleVis, obviously this is not an apple game but somebody might just have it.
There was a guy a while ago that made an online version of the game. Not multi-player you had to play it in google chrome. He fixed the save bug, but as far as I know that's the only sounds like fun game he made an update too. Sorry I don't know where that topic is but if you search this forum you will probably find the topic with all the information.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-03-26 09:11:00

The link for Online version of descent into madness is:
http://dim.mindtrove.info/

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2017-03-26 18:20:31

I had no idea bout this CD either, it'd be cool if someone had it. I'd like to get my hands on the updated versions of those games, one of them I've never even heard of. Hark the Sound? What's that about?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-03-26 23:17:36

Thanks for the help guys.
Hark the sound is a educational program. It has games like name that pet, guess the state, and other games. Basically a free menu based version of teachers pet.

TWITCH

2017-03-27 16:31:06

There was also a website called hark the sound which was, for a while, a game platform with a few simple games. One of them that I really enjoyed, was called electric tunnels, you had to avoid electrical sparks for as long as possible or something. I don't know if this is still up.

2017-03-27 18:42:21

Hello.
Please give me a version of educational program.
And I have a problem with descent in to magness.
I receive this eror when I start the game.
I have pithon installed:
This is the text from my all log:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Main.py", line 26, in ?
  File "pygame\__init__.pyo", line 64, in ?
  File "pygame\base.pyo", line 9, in ?
  File "pygame\base.pyo", line 7, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-03-27 20:28:07

Hi all.
Unsure how active this is however.
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~gb/research/hark-the-sound/
This has a link to the online website updated as of 2011
there is the old version of the origional game round so the site still exists.
Sadly just like everything else, ie last crusade while their pages still exist no updates at all but stuff still exists.
I am still not sure about the rest
last crusade is at
http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/assist/e … rusade.htm
But I am unsure about if the version up is the latest or not.
I was unaware about the rest.
gbishop who did all this stuff has a github, but its not been touched for 7 years.
For whatever reason, someone must still be interested because all the old servers are still active.
A google search has not found hark the sound on cd.
But my guess is and this is without contact of the authors or anything that if someone has the disks you could try to contact the authors, failing that, if it is truely just ancient, if you put it up on internet archive its allready public domain.
I once pushed a project to the archives but I never got round to doing that.
I have found some stuff for it but not all.
My plan was to have a sounds of yesteryear where I got all those sound card cds that used to be with the creative sb16, and earlier and roland and yamaha and other cards with the cd of demo audio tracks, midis, wavs and the like and put those online.
Sadly it appears that windows only ever took advantage of the fm synths and the cards were obviously supposed to do a lot more who knows.
Some of the creative and roland music have made it up and I was able to get a few font patches but even so.
The project fell down because I have no idea where to search.
I did get a note from creative when I emailed them about doing this to see if I could get the disks, they are quite old so who kows I havn't really seriously put effort into it though.

2017-03-30 04:43:24

I remember the disks not actually being paid, more like being passed out at a few conferences around the US, so not sure if anyone has them. Would be nice, because then we'd be able to play descent into madness offline with saving.