2009-11-22 18:08:01

Hi there!

First of all, let me say this is a great site. 

I would like to know if you can help me promote my project (by adding a link to it or so).

I believe the iPhone could be a great platform for audiogames, and thus I'm set out to prove this premise.  But I need a mac, and being just a self-supporting student, I cannot afford one.

So, I've setup a Kickstarter project, asking people for help with funding.  I tried to send you the link via the contact form, but your anti-spam filter is not letting it through.  I can provide it later if you want.  If you don't know what Kickstarter is, it is easy to google it (long story short, it's a cool site for self-supporting artists, musicians, developers, etc).

Since I'm looking for contributors, would it be possible if I pitch my project somewhere in your site?  Or:  would it be okay if I make one post in the audiogames.net forums?  If so, what forum would it be most appropriate (i.e., Off-Topic, General Games discussion...)?  I would do it just one time, as I don't believe in repeat postings or bumping myself.

Many thanks!

2009-11-22 18:24:52

The contact form has been broken practically forever and a day, sorry about that.

I don't know what would be considered acceptable, I'm only a member that happens to help keep the spam down and database in order (rarely). I don't see any harm asking for support in the general game discussion.

This said I'll give a fair warning, this is the internet. People asking for money with nothing solid yet to show will probably be faced with a lot of suspicion. There are a lot of dishonest people out there. I'm not saying you are dishonest, but since you aren't known to us we have no way to know. The trouble with the scammers is they do everything they can to look like honest people.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-11-22 18:32:22

You're absolutely right.  I'm very skeptical myself when I'm online.

Thanks! I'll post one message in the General forum, then.  Wish me luck ;-)