2017-03-23 14:56:22

Hello to all of you.
I have a question.
Where can i gert the singing addon for nvda?
If i get it, how do i let it sing?
I know the code to make it sing, but how can i make the app sing my code?
thanks in advance.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-03-24 03:45:12

You need a separate speech synthesizer that supports this feature. The only two speech synthesizers that support this feature within NVDA itself is the ETI-Eloquence driver, and a modified version of the DECtalk Access32 driver with this feature enabled. You will also have to, in the case of DECtalk, set the colon, left bracket, right bracket, and the less than and greater than signs to be set to Always send the symbol to the synthesizer. This can be done within the Punctuation Settings dialog, located in the NVDA Preferences menu. There should be a combo box that reads "Send actual symbol to Synthesizer". Set that to always for the aforementioned punctuation symbols. If done correctly (if you have a DECtalk song file with the compatible symbols), you should hear it singing. There are some drawbacks to using this method, however. Most users reported that it only sings a few notes before it crashes, so you're better off using one of the DECtalk speak windows, located at http://grossgang.com/tts/dectalk%20soft … indows.7z.
As for Eloquence, there should be a check box that reads "Enable backquote voice tags" located in the voice settings dialog box.

2017-03-24 06:48:19

Got a 404 error.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-03-24 07:43:27

also got the 404 error

best regards

2017-04-10 20:31:18

I believe I fixed it. I must've put a dot after the 7z portion in the URL. Anyways, this archive has a bunch of speak windows. If you get an error that you can't start any of them up (DECtalk 4.51 and 4.60 are examples), it's because you need GWDEC32.exe running on your computer. Some of the speak windows have been modified to allow you to export to WAV, where as previously you couldn't do it with anything past DECtalk 4.3.
Here is the link again, this time I've tested it and it should work.
http://grossgang.com/tts/dectalk%20soft … windows.7z

2017-04-10 23:19:27

For me, the main issue is how NVDA chooses to send strings. Since NVDA does not send speech as one large string, instead splitting it in to chunks, which could cause a command error if it occurs at the wrong time. If you must compose songs using NVDA, it would be a good idea to read them with say all or the arrow keys, depending on how your song is coded.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-04-11 07:27:40

Hello, i have downloaded the 7z package, but i also downloaded the examples folder. it just says comand error in phoneme.
please help me with that?

best regards

2017-04-11 10:16:14

Are you reading it from the very beginning?

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-04-11 10:29:51

i just coppy and past it in there

best regards

2017-04-11 19:55:24 (edited by FamilyMario 2017-04-11 19:56:59)

@ashleygrobler04:
Are you using DECtalk 4.3? If so, if something's in the DEMO.TXT file, and you open it with speak43.exe, it copies the contents of what was in that DEMO.TXT file to your clipboard, so you will have to delete what's in that demo file and paste your new code into that file, then save it, then open it with speak43.exe. If you are not using DECtalk 4.3, and instead you're using DECtalk 4.62, 4.64, 5.0r2, 5.0r3, 5.0HLSYN or FonixTalk 6.1 in that package, the problem could be caused because of phoneme changes, since the L phoneme was changed in newer versions of DECtalk. To make the L phoneme work, you would have to substitute the L phoneme for the ll phoneme.
Hope that fixed your problem.