2017-03-21 19:14:59

Hello everyone.
I've got the possibility to pick up a playstation 4 with 500 GB for about 200 bucks and a 2 year PS plus membership for 20 bucks in total.
Is that worth it? I've got two question
1: Can I trick the PS4 into thinking that I am in the US to get TTs support?
2. What games are available at this given moment or will be available later on which we can play?
Kind regards:
Moritz Grandjean

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-03-21 19:58:34

Hi.
The answer to your first question is no, unless you can get a ps4 from the US.
There are a lot of playable games for the ps4. There are more playable games for the ps4 than the XBox, but if you care about the accessibility like the TTS, you should go for the XBox. If you want more playable games, you should get the ps4.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-21 20:25:22

SLJ has it right on the money. You won't be able to get the ps4 to believe you're in the US, so you won't have access to the TTS features, unfortunately. Below are some of the playable games, in case you're interested... going to list all the ones I can think of, including upcoming games, some of which are also available on the xbox 1. The * beside it means that it is only on the ps4.
*Guilty Gear XRD / XRD revelator / xrd revelator 2
*Blazblue Central Fiction
*Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul
*J-stars Victory VS

*Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
*Samurai Warriors 4 / 4-ii
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
Mortal Kombat X
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Injustice 2
*Odin Sphere: Liefthrasir
Those are all the major ones I can think of at the moment, but there are probably more that I just haven't found myself yet. haha. But in essence, SLJ is right. If the main goal for you is an accessible get the console, get the xbox1. If a big game library is what you want, get the ps4.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-03-21 20:25:55

Hi.
Na, I am more for the games, accessibility of the system is something I can learn. Can you tell me what games are there for the PS4, next to mortal kombat, street fighter and souch?
Do you have a ps4 yourself?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-21 21:10:53

Or, lets ask the question this way.
Let's say that I take a ps3 and not a ps4, on which games would I miss out which I cant get for the PC?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-21 21:26:14

Many, as the ps3 was around before games started coming to PC as well as ps3 / xbox360. Look at the list of games I mention above in post 3.

2017-03-21 21:31:26

I do have a ps 4 and it's a europien one.
Most of the next coming games are only on the new generation devices, (pc, ps4, xbox one). So you'll really miss a lot.
as I have not tryed much of them, I can't think of some games that are that accessible, probably dragon ball xenoverse 2 or 1 but only parts of them.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-03-21 21:44:29

Again, see post 3 for a pretty good list of games that are all at least beatable.

2017-03-21 21:53:09

Hi.
At assault, thanks for the list, I will consider if I do the hopp back to the ps3 or go with the ps4. You know, those games sound great, but, and please dont take this as an offense, I quite had my fill on fighting games, I am also not a huge fan of those animay games, not that they are bad, but it's just not my type.
Games I hope I will get on the ps3 are things like the NBA, MLB games, Tekken 5 DR or 6, Ninja gaiden, fight night, UFc and so on.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-21 23:09:28

Personally, I would recommend going for the ps4... there will be games from sports divisions on that platform as well, and they will be more current. A 500 GB ps4 for 200 is a steal... I would leap on that in an instant. PS3s are good, but all the series you are interested in are also still being updated, if you are really into sports... the ps4 releases will have more up to date rosters for each of those sports as well. For all the games that you've mentioned, there's no reason to go back to the ps3.

2017-03-21 23:48:15 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2017-03-21 23:51:35)

Hi. Hmmm, good point, gets me thinking on what is the best solution to that.Yeah, they might update the rosters for example, but if you take for example the MLB series, since the 2011 games, those games are not accessible anymore, I think that's also the case for the NBA 2k games.
BTW, I think you played it, what are your thought on Ninja Gaiden 3 actually?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-22 01:09:56

I didn't beat it. but that game isn't what I would call accessible... even with the camera guide, it's not always accurate... but apparently, there are some people who have beaten it completely. But I enjoyed the game, personally. As for the sports games, that's up to you. But personally, with the ps4, the game library will still continue to grow... with the ps3, there won't be any more games released for it soon, accessible or not.

2017-03-22 08:50:06

Hi.
The ps4 is getting more and more ps2 and ps3 clasics which is awesome... There are a few accessible clasics out there as well. Yet an other reason for not getting a ps3.
If you really wanna go old school, you should consider getting one of the first ps3 which also plays ps2 and ps1 games. I have the older ps3 and I like it, since I have some ps2 games as well.
Otherwise I agree with Assault.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-03-22 12:01:09

@Simba:

If anyone can get PS Now working with screenreaders/OCR you will soon be able to play PS4 games on PC via a subscription. So, there's that honestly.

Also, I know I mentioned this to you yesterday but on my PS3 copy of MLB 16, I have heard the menus click when selecting things after the latest patch, admittedly I had to turn down the soundtrack (which is a shame) to hear it.

I'd say hold off on a console, and see if you can get PS Now to work with a screen reader/OCR and play the PS3/4 games that way.

Also, not a PS4 but I've been playing a ton of Tecmo Super Bowl on NESTopia and runing an updated 2017 NFL ROM of that and it's oddly accessible if you can stand the 8 bit sounds and catchy music. The NES seems to have some highly audio friendly games actually, oddly enough, but skip the SNES.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-03-22 12:13:40

Good luck with ps now... if anyone can actually play and stream games like that properly, I would be very surprised. The last time I tried, games were very laggy and slow because of the amount of information needed to be streamed... even playing on a ps4!

2017-03-22 19:00:51

Argh, this is getting hard to decide xD.
I will get the ps4 this evening and see to it in the next few days, i still need to find out a cheap little screen with HDMI in because I dont think that there is the possibility to hook up the ps4 or ps3 to my computer.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-22 19:27:09

If your computer has no hdmi in, and you only want audio, get an optical audio cable, and then get an optical audio to analogue converter so you can plug it into the line in on your computer.

2017-03-22 20:58:39

@Simba, you should be able to in theory hook the PS4 up to the HDMI port on the monitor then run it through that
Far as PS Now goes, it works for me here on a 50/50 mbps connnection here with not too many lag problems, Onlive (when that was a thing) worked pretty well too so I'm not sure if it's the fact I'm literally two feet from the exchange or what, but at least for me PS Now works pretty well and I like the fact they will be adding PS4 games soonish, yes please PS Now. Saves me redoing stuff for my room again...

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-03-22 21:01:44

Yeah, I dont just need the audio, I need a description of the XMB and some game menus, so I need a monitor, I think my machine just has an HDMI output.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-22 21:53:31

Interesting. Glad it works, at any rate... but I still have al my playstation consoles and will use them until they litterally stop working. lol

2017-03-22 22:16:34

Hi.
I think PS Now only is available in the US.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-22 23:19:44

Hi Assault
How do you play Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on the PS4 with no sited help?
I'm asking because i've wan'ted the game but didn't know if it was playable.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2017-03-23 00:48:11

Hi.
Does someone have any experiences with the UFC games on PS4 or PS3? Because I am searching for a sports game where I can legitimately beat people up xD.
I think there is also EA MMA, so, any experiences with those fighting gamesß
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-23 08:38:10

NicklasMCHD wrote:

Hi Assault
How do you play Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on the PS4 with no sited help?
I'm asking because i've wan'ted the game but didn't know if it was playable.

You can read more info here:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=20283

Best regards SLJ.