2017-03-22 07:16:05

Well, once my schoolwork tapers down I'll certainly spin this game up again and go at it for real.

2017-03-22 07:17:50

Also, what new accessibility features are coming down the pike for the doxt update? Any words about that?

2017-03-22 08:36:14

Is any kind of accessibility coming at all?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-22 09:15:01

Hmm. Fair question; From haven't delved deep into the topic, honestly.

2017-03-22 13:14:30

Given that the API for accessibility has only just been unveiled really, it's unlokely that anything will happen for a little while.  But that's not to say it won't happen at all.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-03-22 15:21:56

Still, the rbdb.online site has given me plenty to go through and buy for my library for ps4.

2017-03-22 15:26:14

I'm now really excited. It looks like the songs from the Rock Band vr game are, indeed, going to be coming to the main Rock Band 4 game as well, starting this week!
So we've got rock band rewind and rock band vr stuff going on, wow. And between rock band and the newly announced dropmix which is a completely different thing but wow it sounds interesting, I think harmonix are on a role lately, accept for SingSpace which just seems... odd.

2017-03-24 00:58:52

Update: three rock band vr tracks this week:
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait (more on that below)
One Republic - Counting Stars
I purchased I Will Wait out of this set, and I'm impressed. It sounds like they are using masters, everything sounds really clear.

2017-05-18 17:09:01

Hi all,
Just to help others, does anyone have a menu guide for this game, especially for things like the store menu? Here's what I know so far, although even this is actually really sketchy and I don't know if I Got everything!
main menu:
This menu does not rap, meaning that if you are at the top and you press up, nothing will happen.
Play Songs (your cursor is on this by default)
Career
Get More Songs
Extras (or is it options?)
Training (I put this with a big question mark, I don't know the name)
Play songs:
Quickplay (ou start on this after going into play songs): takes you to song list.
Setlists
Play a Show
Brutal

Song list:
This actually has quite a few extra options that you can activate with different buttons, and I do not know what they are at this time. But what I do know is:
When highlighting a song, tapping the green on guitar, or x on the ps4 controller, or a on the xbox one controller, will select it. Holding down this button, will enter setlist mode directly.
Career:
My Stats
Rivals
I don't know the rest in this menu, I get confused as to where rockudrama and tour mode are.
Get More Songs:
I knwo the second option in this menu is new releases which will preview songs automatically, but I do not for the life of me know the rest of the options because I forgot to write them down!
Extras/options: I don't know.
Training:
If you are with guitar, you get:
practice mode: takes you to song list
Freestyle Guitar Solos easy tutorial
Freestyle guitar solos advanced tutorial
Freestyle mode: takes you to song list and just lets you do an entire song in the freestyle engine, which can have quite varying results!
I'm sorry I can't currently be of more help, but if anyone can help out please do!

2017-11-07 05:32:03

Bringing this one back from the dead! I just had a few questions, and figured I might get a response from asking in this thread. I was wondering what the process of purchasing new songs entails? I know it can be done from within the game, but is that accessible at all? Also, I'm guessing the setup process for the guitar is doable without sighted assistance, as people around here seem to have done it.

2017-11-07 20:06:05

I actually had to have help from a friend when trying to pair the guitar; this is something I will have to go through again, as my Xbox broke and I will hopefully be getting a new one for Christmas.

2017-11-07 21:20:44

Yeah, I figured it might be a little iffy. I've never had an easy time with the guitars in previous rock band games, but I think I'll still pick it up though for something different to play, because I'm getting a little burned out on fighting games as cool as they are. I am curious about the store though, as I thought I saw someone mention that they could buy new songs from the xbox website, but I looked and don't see anything that mentions rock band 4.

2017-11-08 03:52:59

I just use http://rbdb.online and add my songs that way.  You can do it through the game, but the rockband database just makes it simpler.

2017-11-08 06:37:44 (edited by anthony002 2017-11-08 06:38:22)

@blindndangerous
Nice! Thank you for that website. Not sure what all of the buttons at the top are though heh, but yeah that makes things much easier once you get passed all the unlabled crud.

2017-11-08 20:43:43

Hi,
Can anyone access the rb store lately? I go down twice, press a, down once, press a, and the new song preveiws don't seem to work -- or rather, some ort of new dialogue comes up where I can't use the arrows or anything. Is it jsut having a bad day or is there some sort of new dialogue now?

2017-12-15 04:23:28

Any updates on the accessibility for this?  I have it on the PS4 (RB4) and about two months after urchasing it, my vision kicked the pin.  Needless to say, I was an expert guitar/drummer but crappy vocals, haha.  Nonetheless, if theaccessibility is  somewhat doable, and I can play at least easy guitar somehow, that'd be aawesome.  I take the songs from the game, and make drumless tracks from them to do my drum covers.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-15 11:33:55

@91
Unfortunately you're more limited as you're using PS4, given Sony's efforts around accessibility compared to Microsoft.

I'd be happy to answere questions you have on the game where I can though, if you ask specific questions it'll probably make things easier.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-12-15 13:35:03

OKay,  does it actually  do any service for playing the game physically, like any way of defining what notes to be played, or do you have to kinda figure that one out  on your own?  s for menus on the xbox, what do they have going there?

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-15 14:10:29

For guitar/drums/bass, there's no way to get to know the charts other than educated guesswork of what note is playing vs where it is on the proverbial frettboard.  However, singing is straightforward as you just have to be on key and don't even have to know the lyrics.

The reason Xbox is the better of the two platforms is due to:
1. OCR.  The Xbox app for Windows 10 provides a method of streaming the game to the PC so that NVDA, unintentionally, can then read the output of the screen.  It's rather garbled in places but it works well enough for tour mode and the like.
2. Narrator.  For setting up parties, looking through the store, messages, achievements and any number of other features, Narrator is vastly superior to Sony's TTS which is only available in the US through hardware locking, compared to Microsoft's worldwide offering that can be used with a region switch if the functionality isn't available in your language.

If there are any specifics you'd like to know regarding menu layouts I can try and help you there.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-12-16 14:03:50

Nice.  I don't own an xb1, but I do own a PS4 and live in the U S.  My thought would be that if this method works with menus in RB4, I wish they'd make some implementations to make Final Fantasy VII accessible like that for either console, since supposedly it will be released on XB1 if they ever get around to finally doing it.    It's their ace in the hole though, slo let's face it. haha.

As for the actual rb games.  when I could see, I was a top drummer and have FC runs of a lot of expert stuff including What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse, and in guitar hero,  I did Done With Everything Die For NOthing on Expert+ drums (Double bass).  Helps that I'm a real drummer, so I do play expert drums when friends and I get together.  However, no one and  I have gotten together in a while.   I had over a grand of dlc in RB2 when I was on Xbox 360 but jumped ships to PS3  and abandoed my perfect gh gamerscore on XB Live. 

Ah well, maybe I'll bug my friend to borrow his xbox and tinker with the narrator and try some  stuff with it.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel