2017-02-02 07:30:51 (edited by crashmaster 2017-02-09 10:43:37)

Hi.
This is a brief message to say that all news has shifted to the following link.
http://sonnarnews.wordpress.com
The management finally gave me an email address and so I was able to set this thing up.
So if you feel so inclined, you can email [email protected] any questions and that is for all my work stuff not standard stuff.
My profile address still applies for things non game related.
Secondly, there are new games coming, its all in the blog.
The forum is still under investigation, pun bb is not secure and aparently is not updated anymore.
This forum rocks but we can't handle all the hackers and spam, we are still looking forward to accessible forum software or websites.
We have found a few that may be good but then all users woud have to pay for the forums so who knows.
The 5 c, a lot of users have had issues with bugs including the 5c, its hoped that code changes made will have these fixed though we are still unclear on what is going wrong.

2017-02-02 08:06:16

Hi. Thanks for the news.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-02 10:39:23

why would we want to be paying for games that started off free when the functionality is the same? i know the money is needed to fund future developments, but the program should have been paid for a while; i mt see many users paying for it when it started out for free

2017-02-02 14:17:01

I'd pay for Whispering Tunnels. I'm not sure about this other stuff.

2017-02-02 15:33:57

I can't find any info about the games from the link you provided. Also the site looks really unprofessional right now. It doesn't have a title and has a bunch of unused widgets and stuff.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-02-02 19:47:44

whispering tunnels was a paid for title, but now we have to subscribe via a one time payment, or monthly, to the titles, that were released as free to begin with, where is the sense in that? why not make it a paid product when it was first released?

2017-02-02 19:59:26

@wlomas they could fund audiogame hub for a while but it looks like the funding went away. Whether that's government or investors or something, I'm not sure.

2017-02-02 20:57:37

I'm also wondering about Whispering Tunnels  as well, me backing the project from Denver, Colorado  .

2017-02-09 10:29:48

Sorry guys kind of screwed up with a miscommunication with management.
We have enough cash to continue.
And all those that were in the kickstart will get games for free.
The site, its just a simple free wordpress blog.
Seriously do you guys have any idea what hoops I had to jump through to make even that.
Wordpress actually tried to get me a store for 25 bucks a month.
Then it tried to get me to buy a site design and a domain.
I had to actually search to find the blog creation for only a blog.
This aint the official site as such its just a post blog.
At this stage I prematurely jumped the gun.
We will continue as we are, however at some point we will have to go commercial, no idea when that is but that's about it.
Checks are in place to make sure no one hears wrongly again and that the right info actually gets posted.
On that note if there is an upcoming sonar updates topic posted yesterday, I'd like it purged if at all possible, I just can't seem to be able to clear it myself, it was posted yesterday 8th February thanks and sorry for the screwup.
On subject of the blog, I do like wordpress but obviously, we really don't want to pay wordpress a monthly subscription for themes and the like.
At some point once this apple thing and some of the other things are handled, I will approach sonar management about putting a blog on their servers.
Its on the list, saying this if there is a way either on the free wordpress site or a way we can use standard wordpress themes on the site without anything screwing let me know I havn't fiddled much on the free site as such.

2017-02-09 17:42:52

hi crashmaster, no worries, glad all ok. any more info on whispering tunnels? like how it works? michanics of the characters etc. also, is it a title that will take a while to complete, and is it out this month? the kickstarter was running with supposed further updates re whispering tunnels, which didn't seem to happen, so thought it had been shelved.

2017-02-09 20:46:20

Hi slj.
Well it still is going on but it got delayed some its a big project as far as I understand it.
I managed to actually have a good fiddle round with the vanilla wordpress blog and put a propper title in it but thats about all.
So here is what I know on status.
Audiogamehub, free for kickstarters and free for everyone right now, I won't put out unfinnished plans and ideas at this stage but the guys at sonnar most of the top guys work 12 hour days.
Most of us are not payed, I am doing this for free, you understand while free is nice we will have to eventually do something I thought it was immediately but it appears I was mistaken, soon is the word, how soon is unknown but if they are talking to me about the idea now probably sooner rather than later.
In case someone gets the wrong idea I won't post a timeline but my gut says soon and my gut doesn't run sonnar so take it as you wish.
Simon and blackjack are in the cue of games for addition.
All that is not as immediate as the forums which we are trying to replace.
Pun bb is just not being updated or seems to be at least we know its hard to secure and spam is everywhere though it does appear audiogames admins have put some sort of logic capcha on the main forums so when I post I need to identify that I am not a bot.
This is a little annoying but its better than what it was earlier so its only one more step.
The other issue is cricket.
It is close to being ready, but apple rejected our app for reasons unknown.
We have yet again applied and waiting for news, last night there wasn't any news.
Personally I actually wander if apple want people to share apps with their systems or not, it seems while their security has caught a lot of troublemakers it makes those that just want to publish something have to justify their existance.
I don't personaly agree with this but there is probably nothing anyone else can do about it.
At least they are not <shudder> valve corp eeeeew.
At least they don't refuse to fix things they are just a bit burocratic is all.
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but each new version will have to be checked through.

2017-02-10 09:22:50

Hi, not meaning to sound rude but it seems like crashmaster isn't really sure whats going on with the games at all, and it's like he is just someone who has just walked in off the street oh i think this is happening but i don't know, i thought you were part of this project? we have no news on whispering tunnels, you say we have to pay then not, and surely, if that was a paid job you'd have been fired for just giving out information that you clearly were not priveleged to give out. it just seems like it is not a mature project and that we are just being strung along. sorry, but true.

2017-02-10 14:56:24

@Crashmaster: It wasn't me who posted in post 10. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-02-10 16:13:47

@wlomas: these guys are literally starting out. So of course there's going to be hurdles and unknown stuff happening at the moment.

2017-02-11 01:01:47

Hi, aron thanks for that responce.
I have little idea about the big picture, I thought I did.
So when the message over phone came out that we would need more cash to continue growing the business for whatever reason my brain thought we were out of cash why god only knows.
I have been asked to hold off on any news till we can talk with ourselves about each thing before its posted to ensure miscommunication like what just happen doesn't.
News isn't exactly coming fast thats not a secret we are a 6 man team and I think its 6 people, the team changes from time to time its still fluid.
All I do know right now is the following.
1.  for kickstarters audiogame hub is free.
For the rest of the players not in kickstart at some point it won't but I don't know what that would actually be its an idea which my brain thought was all fleshed out and about ready to go and it aint.
But when the next version comes out which will happen soon but soon doesn't mean next week it could be sometimes this year I have no actual idea, there will be a subscription service in which you buy in month lots and will be able to have unlimited packages as well.
No pricing and just a vague framework were discussed.
There have been a maximum of 2 conversations part of which were based on this but its still in planning at least I assume it is still in planning.
We have the cash to complete the current cycle of development, its future planning is all.
All businesses plan for the future, I just thought it was going to be like right this moment and it isn't clearly so thats what that mishearing was about.
The tunnels game, again yeah I think for those outside the campaign it will be payed.
I have not as yet got any more info on it except that they are working hard on it whatever that means.
From my chats with sonnar the subscription stuff is probably still open for descussion I mean you will have to eventually pay for things but what form is still up in the air.
I guess the only way to salvage this some is simply to open this for descussion, you guys do realise the kickstart will fund the hub there is no question of that.
The 5 or so games we said would happen will happen no matter what.
Its afterwards that the issue will be.
I guess its my own fault for being warried about traffic on the forums and the fact we are just not generating enough, maybe its me that needs to slow down and wait for this tree to mature instead of trying to fertalise it.
I also know simon and blackjack will be in the next version.
I don't have any other info, I have ideas I may want to share later but I still don't know how they will go and I don't want to woffle on a saturday morning incase I woffle myself into another pit of mistyping.
The guys at sonnar work 12 hour days, I am unsure who is payed or who doesn't but I myself bar probably lifetime codes to all games am not being payed a single dollar thats how it is.
Granted I have a vary low priority to be sure.
We are funded by a kickstart, I think a local and maybe another university, a few organisation sponsors ablegamers and bee accessible I think from memmory but thats about it.
And the last 2 are just what I noted when mucking round the site.
I think without more info or permition I will stop there before I say something in error though as I know next to nothing at least not much more than the users here.
Even with the relationship I have with sonnar I hear snippits I need to try to get each of those into something.

Right now thats not the most immediate issue on the mind of sonnar though freely discuss how you think we should fund ourselves with our games, how you who did not participate in the kickstart and even those who did how you would like to pay for your fun its going to happen eventually as we move towards bigger and bigger projects, even if we do have enough for the current 1.
I have seen an rpg, may I be more criptic.
A 10 year old rpg that was languishing round on a drive and due for shelving.
I think those in the company will know what that is.
For the rest of you, thats something I want fixed because it needs to be redone.
I would like 1812 heart of winter to be finnished.
I don't know what else we write but I look forward to it.
It was me though that asked if we could buy games or packages of games outright I don't like subscriptions absolutely loath them its why I don't play swamp.
By subscribing it would mean I would have a commitment to playing it semi regular, I am not a semi regular guy though.
All I know about the hub's status is we will have new scoring, and new interface and thats all.

What is in our immediate line of fire are the forums which we havn't as yet managed to solve with security wise, pun bb just isn't suitable for us, we can't spend the day moderating it and so we need to move.
I don't know where though.
The other is apple, I don't have any status on it but one of our games was rejected and we are still waiting on a responce with the reapplication.
When there is more news you will be the first to know about it but could we please keep the speculation to a minimum.
We are a small company and we have been barely up for a year maybe even less I am not sure but its between 1 and 2 years and we only got really serious near the end of last year.
When 1812 hart of winter part 1 came out we were not even sonnar.

2017-02-15 13:57:48

blind cricket now app store ios just found it i selected related, on audiogamehub and it came out. why people are not updating this topic from sonar is beyond me i thought that was the idea?

2017-02-15 14:48:26

@wlomas: Thanks for the heads up about iOS. I've also tried the game on my samsung device, as I only discovered it yesterday. I'm not sure when I'll get to try the iOS version, as I'm still trying to find my lost cable so I can update my device through iTunes, as over the air isn't currently working.

2017-03-22 03:06:55

Hello All,

Some updated from Sonnar on upcoming weeks:
- today - update of Cricket on Android
- Monday - update of Cricket on iOS (Fixed some issues and ads bug)
- End of March/ 1st week of April - Major update of Audio Game Hub - Officially version 2.0.
- 2 new games - Simon the bomb disarmer and Black Jack
- New features: Highscores, achievements, new menu structure
- games starting from version 2.0 will become paid (we know, everyone wants to play for free, but please understand that production costs are high and we need to start making money, otherwise no more games will be produced)

Best regards
Jarek

2017-03-22 08:39:24

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the great news. I would gladly pay for the games I like. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.