2017-03-21 01:29:05

Just got the update

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-03-21 02:48:57

On the eyes-free list, a couple of people are reporting issues with swiping past parts of interface at times - they seem to get stuck on a button, when they're pretty sure there are more lowr/further down, but, the one other issue someone has is on their pixel phone, seems like the video ads cover the whole screen, meaning there's no way for them to hit a back button on-screen, to revert back to game after a video ad has finished?

Means they seem to have to allow talkback to start up again, to use it's gesture to implement back, since the video ad seems to be taking up the full screen, and is thus blocking normal back buttons, etc.?

Jacob

2017-03-21 02:58:13

I can't seem to get past the add when its done playing on my phone

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-03-21 04:42:31

So I've just updated the game, and now It doesn't start for me...

2017-03-21 04:57:34

Hi blindza,
Thanks for pointing me towards the eyes free board. I replied to the posts there.
To summarize it here as well:

- there is a bug we found today that makes certain parts of the interface invisible when the game progress is reset. We're already working on a fix and there'll be an update soon. Until then, the app need as to be closed and restarted.

- we get no say in where the close buttons on the ads are. That's why TalkBack needs to be resumed. But they can usually be found via Touch Explore or swiping. Swipes may need to be down instead of right, because ads often times silently put the phone in landscape mode. Close buttons are sometimes labeled L or I instead of a proper label. This is unfortunately out of our hands. One person suggested to instead use the usually very easy to find "Go to the store button" and then exit back from there.
The soft keys for home and back at the bottom of the screen are only hidden, not disabled (again, we really have no control over what the ads do here). With TalkBack on, swipe up from the bottom of the screen with two fingers to bring them back for a few seconds.

I wish there was an easier way, but we really can't in any way influence what ads are doing with the screen. We also can't get rid of the ads, because it's the only way to earn any money from the game and make more games.
We're currently discussing a buyout option, where you can activate boosts without ads after buying an in-app purchase. It really wasn't our original plan and we only started considering it now, after some people told is they'd rather pay than watch ads, or there are no ads available in their country. We haven't decided on this yet, though. We wanted to keep the game free of in-app purchases, but of course we can see how it actually might make sense to offer an alternative.

2017-03-21 05:06:51

Hi Michelle - just 'saw' your replies on list as well - thanks.

Jacob

2017-03-21 05:26:31

amerikranian wrote:

So I've just updated the game, and now It doesn't start for me...

Hi amerikranian,
A few people have reported this now. It seems to be completely random. All over sudden it will start working again. We're going to start digging into this tomorrow.
At the moment we have not clear way to reproduce it yet. It happens randomly at some point, not just because of the update.
We're looking for more information. If anyone has noticed anything that could help us, please let me know.

2017-03-21 08:38:57

I found the update just now,
I can see the aad new sslot button, and the game works a lot better for me and i am using an iphone 5s.
Thankyou, and keep up the good work.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-03-21 09:45:32

Hi,

Wow Michel, You are prety bad for my sleep pathern. I saw the update around midnight, downloaded it and i played for some time. It works very good on my iPhone 7. thanks a lot for making this game. I quite like it.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2017-03-21 09:50:21

Firstly, my wife absolutely loves your game tongue. It's one of the few games she can play due to injuries that prevent typing for extended periods of time. She was wondering if you might consider adding a bakery and a potter in a future release.

I also think I've found a bug. When I restarted the game for the first time, I had a quest to sell 1000 ladders for an increase in lumberyard product sale price. I unlocked ladder for some reason before restarting, I guess to spend all of my cash. However, when my wife restarted, she had two other quests, to sell 5000 logs for cheaper lumberyard expansion and to sell 1000 timber. Did I somehow miss out on these two quests by unlocking ladder before I should have?

Thanks. This game is pretty neat even though I'm not usually into crafting.

2017-03-21 10:50:14

@Mikrima, I just picked up the game again this morning having seen the updates and I'm loving what I'm seeing, from the production slot to the improved vo sensativity, great job, indeedd I will admit I was slightly waiting on this update to finish a quest big_smile.

Now that the general accessibility bugs seem to be getting fixed,I'll be interested to try the game out and look at the gameplay.
For example one thing that occurs to me is at the moment while you produce a lot of products, there is only one place to sell them, ie, the city. it would be cool if there was another merchant to check or chances of finding better deals, or perhaps even randomly generated orders that you could decide to fill or not.

For example someone turns up and says "I am building a new wall around my village, I need 100 timber and will pay you 1000 gold"

Now the canny player will know that is less than the average sale prices so will not take that deal, however at another point you might get the same order but an offer of 2000 gold, which is obviously a much better idea.
This would require people to be far more awre of the value of things and calculate as traders, and of course would mean having something different to tangle with when you opened the ap sinse if the  orders were created new each day with some randomness in the amounts required, people would get a different experience with the gamme other than dynamic growth we have now.

Just some thoughts, then again as I said I've not got as far yet so it is entirely possible this, or something like it is already in the game anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-21 11:06:47

Hello.
I am using android 7.0 and I will try without internet conection and I will restart my phone later because I am at school.
My skype is Angel If you want to talk with me.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-03-21 16:30:02

So here is a little more on the  problem. It started happening around two days ago,   Somewhere  around 10 PM CDT.  I try to open the game, and it  just didn't want to start. I was off the Internet at that point. So I thought it might be the problem.  Yesterday,  I got online, and I tried to open it again. it worked. so I thought my problems were  solved.  However at 9 PM it happened again. The game just wouldn't open.  This morning I tried again, still the same result.

2017-03-21 16:43:03

I think we need to be able to stop production as well. Or can we?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-03-21 18:02:24

post 139, Why?

2017-03-21 18:12:53 (edited by burak 2017-03-21 18:14:10)

For more stratejic adjustment of products. What if I want only grains in my storage and don't have the time to wait for automation of other products to end?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-03-21 18:22:01

If you don't have the time to wait, close the app and come back later or sell off whatever you don't want when it stops producing. I don't see why stopping production is necessary at all.

2017-03-21 19:20:44

david_solomon1 wrote:

When I restarted the game for the first time, I had a quest to sell 1000 ladders for an increase in lumberyard product sale price. I unlocked ladder for some reason before restarting, I guess to spend all of my cash. However, when my wife restarted, she had two other quests, to sell 5000 logs for cheaper lumberyard expansion and to sell 1000 timber. Did I somehow miss out on these two quests by unlocking ladder before I should have?

Hi David,

no, you are not missing out on any quests. The quests are randomly selected when you reset your progress, because you can always only have a maximum number of 6 quests at the same time. Since you had the ladder unlocked, the requirements for that quests were met and by chance it was selected. On your next restart, if you finished any quests, you might get the quests for logs and timber to fill those empty quest slots.

2017-03-21 19:25:41

Dark wrote:

... it would be cool if there was another merchant to check or chances of finding better deals, or perhaps even randomly generated orders that you could decide to fill or not.

That is a pretty neat idea, we'll put it on our idea list and discuss it for one of the bigger updates in the future.
The game already let's you build out your own personal estate, which is basically your homestead. That requires different construction materials for each step of the construction - for example logs and timber in the beginning. Later it will need more difficult to craft items. Building out your estate isn't just for fun - each level that you build out will give you a 10% bonus on your overall storage space, which is very valuable. This bonus will stay with you even through a game reset. Just like the princess, the estate is not reset along with the game progress when you claim your quest rewards.

2017-03-21 19:30:24

@Dragos and @amerikranian
We have encountered this problem too, that the app closes immediately again at start. We've been spending today working on this, but are having trouble reproducing it reliably. Like you said, it is random. All over sudden it will work, then it will not work, then it will work again. We're currently starting the game 100 times an hour in the hopes that it will fail to load. As you can guess, if you actively want it to crash, it won't...
I'll keep you posted.

2017-03-21 19:34:40

Hi.
For me does not crash but I restarted the phone and I tried with the internet off but nothing.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-03-21 20:47:30

Hi.
I've also grabbed the update from the IOS app store, and it works as expected on my iPhone 7.
This game is absolutely addicting. Just wow... The game deserves so much attention...
I'm not very far in the game yet, but I look very much forward to see what I can unlock in the future. If possible, I would be interested to translate the game into danish in the future. The game have deserved to be translated into as many languages as possible, because it is awesome...
So, what do you unlock when you restart the game and keep playing it over and over again? I'm sorry, I don't get this... Do you unlock new quests or other things?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-21 22:09:16

I have an iOS device. and since the update to CraftingKingdom yesterday, I can finally play it on my iPhone 7. I love it so much, I stayed up almost all night last night playing. Awesome work. I even got my sighted wife hooked. She saw me playing and was like. "Ok, You got me." Again, very awesome work.

2017-03-21 22:42:24

Mikrima, why won't we trade devices? it will close all those 100 times. smile

2017-03-21 22:57:30

SLJ wrote:

So, what do you unlock when you restart the game and keep playing it over and over again? I'm sorry, I don't get this... Do you unlock new quests or other things?

Hi SLJ,
you have a list of quests which you can find in the castle. They ask you to do various things, such as sell 1000 logs, automate 10 buildings and the like. When completed, they give you permanent rewards, for example higher sale prices, cheaper storage cost, producing faster and so on.
But there is a catch. To claim those quest rewards you need to reset your progress and start over. Of course, the next time you will get ahead a lot faster, since you now produce faster, earn more money from the same products and so on.
When you reset, you also get new quests. Every quest you complete is replaced with a new quest. You can never have more than 6 quests at a time.
Without restarting every now and then you'll likely never be able to make enough gold coins to afford the later, more expensive production locations, or to build out your estate all the way.

It's important to know that resetting your progress will not reset the quests themselves, the quest rewards you have already received, nor the estate or the princess.