2017-03-03 16:37:59

Hi!

I could tell someone that psycho strike our game sound code?
I tried to open it, but the sound does not play.

Best regarts,
Daniel

2017-03-03 17:16:40

Are you trying to run the game, or are you trying to get the sonds? If you are trying to get the sounds so you can listen to them, I'm sorry but these sounds are encrypted.

2017-03-03 17:30:50

I tried to play the sounds, but it fails.
Yes, I know that they are encrypted in Hanoi, but not something BGT script could be written out to the sound code to decrypt?

Best regarts,
Daniel

2017-03-03 18:07:32

That is against this forum's rules.

2017-03-03 18:25:10

I mean, what?

Best regarts,
Daniel

2017-03-04 05:05:40

You'd have to know the secret key that was used to encrypt them. Since you don't know that, you can't decrypt them. That's the point of encryption, to protect them from unauthorized access.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-03-04 12:09:40

Haha i ask them?...

Best regarts,
Daniel

2017-03-21 04:56:17

Honestly I don't know why people get upset about this. As long as he doesn't post the sounds or key on the forum or ask people specifically to post them I don't see an issue. Perhaps a better way to have asked the question would have been to ask what libraries you could get these sounds from though.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-03-21 05:18:03

Hello Shotgunshell.
Well I'll take a guess and say your not a developer. The point is that the developers encrypt the sounds because they want to keep them to themselves. If they wanted people to use the sounds or wanted to tell people the sound libraries they used they would have. If you were a developer and made a huge project and wanted to keep sounds and things to yourself would you be happy if someone managed to decrypt things or a hacker stole the entire project? I don't know about you but that would make me pretty furious! Making software is a sort of art form and trying to mess with things is like spitting on a painting worth thousands of dollars.
All that said I hope you don't take offense because what I said was not meant to be that way.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-03-21 06:41:05

Hello Guitarman,
Not sure if it's a matter of keeping sounds to themselves, I think the reason they do that is because they got the sounds from a commercial library and they don't want to take the risk of getting sewed for people stealing sounds that didn't belong to them to begin with. Say I made a game and I got sounds from a paid sound library, and I never encrypted them. I run the risk of people taking the sounds out of my game and using them in there own game. The creators of the library could sew me because of not taking precautionary measures to make sure that doesn't happen. Although some of the sounds in psycho strike aren't from a library, they're custom, so your reason does make perfect sense.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-03-21 08:59:28

I understand. But for some it may be just BGT script letter that sounds if the game is encoded with. Or not?

2017-03-24 02:50:08

What do you mean by "bgt script letter"?
BGT has encryption and decryption built in, but that doesn't mean that other people can decrypt sound packs we didn't create just because we know the language.
Some of the sounds are from commercial libraries. Those would be the only ones you'd have a shot at finding but you'd have to buy them for yourself.
The voice sets and at least some of the music is custom made. You won't get that. Nobody on this forum will know the keys either.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-03-24 09:52:20

I understand.
So if you buy the game, I mean to buy a valid registration key, you can get the source code and the sound of it?

Best regarts,
Bryan

2017-03-24 14:31:45

No, you do not get the source code or the sounds.

2017-03-24 16:23:00

Since ineptitude and a failure to read the site's rules and FAQs (which I believe was compulsory upon membership signup) is ruling the day, given these requests for data mining and resource extraction, allow me to state for easy reference some of the rules from the site. Granted, these rules don't mention reverse engineering or misappropriation of project equity, be they multimedia or otherwise, a certain degree of implied comprehension to a product's totality should nevertheless be understood

From the rules section:

4) Posting warez, cracks, serials or hacking tips is not allowed.

Post 3 of this topic states the following:

Bryan wrote:

Yes, I know that they are encrypted in Hanoi, but not something BGT script could be written out to the sound code to decrypt?

This is a clear confession that the poster is seeking assistance to breach rule 4, whereby he is requesting either assistance or information which would lend said assistance to both circumvent the data protection present in Psycho Strike. I'm hoping the poster will be receiving some form of discipline on this explicit desire to disrespect an Audio Game developer's property.

From the FAQ:

9: Can I get a copy of a commercial audio game without paying for it?
Absolutely nott! Anyone found trying to steal audio games without paying the game's developer, will be in serious trouble.
It doesn't matter if this is with a crack, downloading of a pirated copy from some other site, using cloned hardware or whatever. The Audiogames.net forum exists to promote accessible games, anyone stealing games from developers goes directly against what we're trying to do.

It's true that this statement doesn't address what an individual seeks to do with said title once he or she manages to obtain it, but I would argue that the statement about stealing a game also applies to misappropriation of its media content. I'm sincerely hoping this FAQ can be (1) be made a lot more readily visible and (2) that it can be reworded to more strictly protect a developer's property, both their resources and released titles.

10: But why is pirating or cracking games bad? ---- after all I don't have the money to afford those expensive games.
Whereas mainstream graphical games on consoles like the Xbox or Wii are produced by companies who can put millions into development, audio games are produced only by small independent companies, often just one person working on his/her own. Apart from all the time and trouble spent writing the game itself, (time which the developer would much rather likely be spending doing other work or leisure type things), producing accessible games costs! people money. Buying sounds, hiring voice actors, buying development libraries, none of these are free.
Though some devs do! produce free games, or exist on donation only this is their choice, and they still have the problem of how they finance their development.
indeed, most of the best sounding and landmark accessible games we've seen have been commercial.
Since very few people will be buying accessible games, every dollar/pound/euro counts, so stealing the game rather than paying for it really and seriously! threatens the developers' ability to create more games in the future.
Remember, all our developers work part time, in their spare time on accessible games and usually will not make much of a prophet, indeed it's doubtful whether anyone could! even make enough to support themselves through developing and selling accessible games.
For all of these reasons, audiogames.net is totally, utterly and absolutely against all theft of accessible games, and anyone found asking for, giving out, or in any way associated with game piracy will very likely be banned from the forum.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-03-24 18:59:42

Why would buying a copy of the game net you source code and unprotected resources?
This is like asking, if I go to Macdonalds and buy a Big Mac, do I get the recipe?
If you were given this information, you could go on to distribute unlimited free copies of the game to other people, effectively denying the developers any kind of payoff for their hard work.
All this does is insure that there will be fewer good games made in the future, so I really suggest you stop and think twice about what you're actually trying to do.

2017-03-25 01:06:59

Let kids be kids

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!