2017-03-20 09:21:42

Hello all of you
As you know, twitrocirty is a twitter client made in python by Mason.
I want to install it, but i get the error no module named wx.
Please if any one could succesfully install twitrocity, help me with that?
I am using python 2.7.13.
I listened at the audio file on how to install twitrocity, but i do evvery thing that mason does.
I downloaded the latest vertion of wx from www.wxpython.org, and i installed it.
Thanks and best regards.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-03-21 05:01:20

Hello.
This is not really a topic for the developers room because your not developing this. It belongs in the off-topic room. That said, sorry I can't help you I've never heard of this. I can't help you but someone will help you soon I'm sure!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-03-21 08:46:40

Sorry for putting in the developpers room, i just posted it here, because i thaught that the developper of this app would be able to help me.
After all, this is a developper issue that i am incountering.

best regards

2017-03-21 11:03:13

As far as I know this is not being developed right now.

2017-03-21 13:22:51

Is there an other twitter client that i can use?
One that i don't have to pay for?
Because twitter is actualy free, and i don't want to have a client that i want to pay for when i can just use for free.
One that does not relie on some one else's server, as long as it makes use of twitter.com's server only.
Thank you.

best regards

2017-03-21 17:28:29

I'd recommend TWBlue, but the message is clear, go install WX, its page can be found here.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-21 18:49:15

Why not using TWBlue from the nice packages we have built? big_smile

2017-03-22 05:12:41

try the 32-bit version of WX. Also when in the directory, pip install -r requirements.txt

2017-03-22 07:24:59

Hello to all of you, i tried the 32 bit vertion of wxpython, and it worked.
I also downloaded twblue, but the source code aswell.
My only problem with twblue source code is that I can not run twblue from source.
It just reads aloud my path to twblue and the path to main.py and keps quiet.
thanks.

best regards

2017-03-22 17:22:52

Make sure you have pypubsub==3.3.0 (the latest version drops python 2 support and is not correctly specified in the python package index). Just follow the readme (in the github page or the repo once cloned to your PC) and you should be fine.

2017-03-23 14:38:54

Yes i have.
But still nothing works.
Can some one please give me some details on what i should have and what to do?

best regards

2017-03-23 22:27:36

Check the contents in the error file. Press windows R for getting the run menu, type "%tmp%" (wihtout quotation marks), then enter. Then look for a file called stderr.log. And post its contents here.

2017-03-24 07:40:10

i got the following inside the stder file, or what evver it is called, i can not remember the spelling now.
but here it is.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Ashley Grobler\Downloads\TWBlue-next-gen\TWBlue-next-gen\src\main.py", line 22, in <module>
    import sound
  File "C:\Users\Ashley Grobler\Downloads\TWBlue-next-gen\TWBlue-next-gen\src\sound.py", line 15, in <module>
    from mysc.thread_utils import call_threaded
  File "C:\Users\Ashley Grobler\Downloads\TWBlue-next-gen\TWBlue-next-gen\src\mysc\thread_utils.py", line 6, in <module>
    from pubsub import pub
ImportError: No module named pubsub

Hope you can help

best regards

2017-03-25 01:44:51

It seems you don't have pypubsub installed. go to a command line, and just to make sure, type the following.
pip uninstall pypubsub
Then, the following.
pip install pypubsub==3.3.0