2017-03-21 05:21:47

Noooo! they're coming, the universe is about to end, the robots with the evil bolling balls of doom, their bats from hell and their constant focus on sport, fairplay, and the extermination of all sentient life forms!
In the little time we have left before the cricket robots arrive however, here's some updates all reflective of  mechanical nasty things that go clunk in the night!

First off something new for fans of first person shooters. Our forum's very own Skylord brings us a first beata version of humans vs robots, a game in which you play as a human, and there is a bunch of robots, and they don't really get on very well.
The game is free to download and try out, and involves multiplayer cooperation against swarms of enemy robots. For moree info and to leave any feedback see This here topic

Next up I promised cricket, and indeed something googly spinbolls into view curtacy of Sonus Interactive, the developers of audiogame hub
This is Blind Cricket for Android and Ios, a fully functioning cricket sim in which you can go from school tournaments to full on international competition, with immersive sound and even the chance to challenge your skills against another player via google play or Ios game center.
Find out more in This topic

But what if you just want to get away from those nasty cricket robots as quickly as possible? Well I suggest getting into your car and driving, and hay you know you might be able to drive over the edge of the universe.
For your driving pleasure here is Mine racer, first game from new developer 2mb. The game is an action paked arcade style driving game in which your goal is to survive as long as possible picking up the most coins as you race around in your high powered vehicle.
The game is available for Windows, Mac and Linux, and costs five usd, that's roughly four euroes or three British pounds.
You can go and grab Mine racer Here on the 2mb website  and feel free to deposit any thoughts in This here topic

Last up before the final Over is something many people have been wanting for a long while. Echo quadrent is a turn based space exploration, colonization and trading stratogy game available for Windows by new developer Freeman 69.
Purchice fleets from cargo ships to drednaughts, colonize new worlds, accept cargo contracts and contend with strange aliens in a randomly generated set of star systems, though be ware of space pirates (who are nearly as nasty as Cricket robots).

You can find the gae Here on google drive and check out This topic for both comments on the game and to read the instructions (see the second post).

Now since methinks one of those evil cricket robots is stepping up to the bat I'd better run, after all I've got a reservation for the Restaurant at the end of the universe and it looks like that won't be too long away, so goodb ------

Booooom!
"How's that?"
"not out"

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)