2017-03-19 06:49:39

So the subject says it all. Where can I find the SA to NVDA driver?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-03-19 22:49:00

Hello,
I'm quite confused regarding this subject. What do you mean by SA-to-NVDA driver? What is it supposed to do exactly?

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

2017-03-20 00:34:50

I share this confusion, are you referring to the System Access screen reader from Serotek? I'm not sure if there would be any driver between that SA and NVDA, since they are both competing screen readers. Or are you referring to the developer API for allowing programs and scripts to directly access NVDA? That would be the NVDAControllerClient.dll, which you can get from NVDA's github repo.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-03-20 01:54:33

I think I know what you're referring to. It's not really a driver per se, it's just a few dll files. You put them in the folder of the application that can speak through System Access, and these files will make it so that it talks through NVDA instead. Entombed would be an example of this, and I have actually used this trick and can confirm that it works. Is this what you're looking for?

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2017-03-20 08:58:34

Where is the Jaws to NVDA driver? Lol
Thanks for the clarification in post 4. Sounds interesting, but I'm still not sure on what it should be used for.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-20 20:30:51

OK guys, here's an example. If anyone plays entombed, you'll know that it supports sapi 5, JFW, window eyes, and system access. It doesn't allow the use of NVDA by default. SA-to-NVDA is just a few dlls that you put into the program folder to allow NVDA to work with the program. So, when you set the program to system access, it'll speak with NVDA.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-01-13 23:18:25

so where is that set of dlls?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-01-14 19:11:46

oh wow.. we do need a jaws to nvda driver if this is the case lol

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-01-15 01:34:44

https://yadi.sk/d/JzQtMGTp4GnV8g

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page