2016-02-20 20:25:43

I think he meant strum only, not drum.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-02-28 00:41:00

Have we heard of any news in regards to the addition of accessibility features?

2016-02-28 20:50:16

Hello,
All I know is that setlists and practice mode will be coming this year, which is a good start.

2016-03-04 19:06:46

Indeed. As to why they would remove practice mode in the beginning is an enigma to me; sighted people use that to, ya'know.

2016-06-23 16:45:29

To bring a topic back from the dead!
So rockband 4 now has practice mode! Which will be really good as now I can practice the songs and stuff! Where exactly is practice mode on the main menu?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2016-06-23 17:57:51

all the way down at the bottom.  In there you have practice mode, the freestile solo tutorials and endless solo mode.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-06-23 20:19:18

What are peoples' impressions of the game thus far? I haven't played it yet, the setlist just didn't attract me as much... has there been any new dlc released recently?

2016-06-23 21:09:52

They are back to releasing weekly dlc. There seems to be some pop thrown into the mix again.

2016-06-23 21:14:38

Just looked it all up... and again, not much that attracts me... a little too much pop and only a few country and good rock hits. Wish we could still export the first three games.. but apparently that all expired in 2015.

2016-06-24 20:28:48

Well, that's the problem with Sony and Microsoft (mostly Sony) not being willing to cooperate with other companies, I'd say.  I managed to export all three of the games, so I'm lucky in that respect. There's some DLC I'm missing though, but I rarely played those songs anyway so it doesn't matter as much.

Appologies for not keeping up with the releases, it did slip my mind and once I'd remembered, it seemed pointless as there were songs coming out of every possible place imaginable, it seemed.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2016-06-24 23:57:57

Agreed, so many songs all over the place. I'd recommend checking stuff like rock band aide, or the harmonix blog.

2016-06-25 03:22:10

rock band DLC has been mostly terrible,  What with the almost laser like focus on pop like one direction and things much much worse. Couple that with the fact that harmonix are not using proper stems for their DLC tracks more often than not these days, and what you have is just bad. I'm holding out hope for this expansion pack that we know next to nothing about... but not much hope. maybe it'll have the really cool stuff that was supposed to be in play a show mode from day one like the croud interaction and the drummer being able to count to start a song off... Things are looking up with practice mode though, I can almost get through that symphony x track's first guitar solo on expert now thanks to practice.  I don't know if you all know this, but you can change the speed of the track on the fly with the left and right buttons on the dPad which is honestly the coolest thing ever. smile

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-08-01 21:26:53

Bringing this topic back. does anyone else feel like Rock band 4 is severely lacking in excitement? Watched some video on youtube and all the crowd reactions, even the ingame sound effects for stars and hitting special notes seem to be gone. rock band 2 still had the best set of sound effects imo. I'm preordering the rock band 4 rivals expansion for a friend's birthday as the band in a box bundle, which should be fun as I haven't played Rock band 4 up until now. Just haven't been interested, since I can't bring most of my library over due to lack of exporting abilities and the amount of content I've shared with other peoples' accounts.

2016-08-01 23:59:00 (edited by Exodus 2016-08-02 03:56:36)

this rivals expansion pack is supposed to be bringing in new venues, so I hope we get new croud sounds. I always liked the outdor venues in rock band 3 with the giant crouds. they've apparently redesigned the UI also, so hopefully that'll come with new UI sounds spacific to each instrument again. As for overdrive phrases, they make a quiet ding dong sound when you play them correctly.  Well, for me anyway. I do agree though, sounds are kind of lacking right now. There 5.1 mix is lacking also, in rock band 3 bass guitar used to get properly routed through your sub and centre speaker and would come thundering out your sound system, in 4 it's not handled properly  and you end up having a bad time over all if your a bass player.
oh. wow. I just saw this week's DLC.
Blurred Lines... That'll be followed up with a nicki minaj track some time soon also.
I... Wow. I don't even know what to think at this point. I really thaught harmonix had scraped the bottom of the barrel and  it couldn't get worse for new DLC. I stand firmly corrected.

2016-08-02 09:30:31

Rock band 2 still has my favorites. I loved the electric current when you got overdrive phrases right and the star power activation sounds were fantastic. That ding for stars is simple, but just... so awesome. And yuck... that DLC is definitely not looking promising. I'm still waiting for Hotel California, though I'm doubting at this point it's going to happen. there are also some more dragonforce songs I'd love to see...

2016-12-06 22:24:42

So, I finally got the guitar in the mail today. How do I learn how to play and does anyone have any tips and pointers? How, for example, do the five colors relate to actually musical notes and/or frets? If the guitar doesn't pan out, I might look in to using a real bass guitar.

2016-12-07 00:01:49

@66
The guitar doesn't match up like you might logically think it does, not always at least.

In terms of playing though, just strum on beat and try playing different sequences of notes to see what works.

Oh and to squash this right now (sounds brutal but it's not intended to be that way), as far as I know there's no pro support (i.e. support for real instruments) in RB4.  For that you'd need a previous generation console, Rock band 3 and the officially released real guitar controller for Rock Band 3, which is not a bass.

I apologise I can't give further clarification yet, but it's a relatively simple process to pick up and learn on easy, even if the charting seems tricky at points.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-12-07 17:19:21

I don't really know how to help. It's easy once you get the hang of it, but it's getting there that's the problem!

2017-02-09 21:00:36

Is the a menu guide out as of yet?

2017-02-10 05:02:07

Grabbed rivals and got into a rivals hub from reddit.  Enjoying it so far.

2017-02-19 22:07:42

I finished the tutorials. But I'm still stuck on how one actually plays; the tutorials was on solos and didn't explain much. Are there more, or are those tutorials all I get?

2017-02-20 06:10:18

That's all you get.  Their are plenty of other tutorials on youtube.  I guess they figure it's been out for so many years, and with so many iterations, that you have some kind of idea how things work.

2017-02-20 19:36:46

Fair enough.

2017-03-20 19:56:46

Long overdue update.

Rock Band 4's Rivals expansion, released last year, now contains multiplayer.  You have to have the base game+rivals in order to take advantage of this, but it is accessible.  No matchmaking as of this post, but you can play in bands with your friends/people you happen to know/people who might happen to join your green room.

I've only tested this on Xbox One, so I can't speak for those still using PS4 to play the game.

I'm happy to provide instructions should you want to get started with this mode but having worked with it myself, it's fairly straightforward (even if you might need a little getting used to it to make it work).

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-03-20 21:01:52

No multi track stems for danger zone... The disappointment is strong.