2017-03-11 15:33:31

As of a few days ago, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, UMVC3 for short, has been released on steam. The combination of audio and announcer queues make this one very playable though it is one of the faster paced games out there. This game also has very low system requirements, meaning that most modern computers should be able to run it. It's available from Steam for $24.95.

2017-03-11 18:15:50

you know I thought about getting this one for PS4 or on PC, but my problem with that is my PS3 copy still works fine aside from lacking the 2 DLC characters... lol and I don't even know if they're that cool

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-03-11 20:54:56

Is there also any news on the xbox one version?

2017-03-11 21:30:03

that's already out

2017-03-11 23:57:29

Amazing! I must buy it!

2017-03-12 03:56:46

The awesome thing about the Steam version of UMVC3 is that there are on-screen tooltips for almost every menu item you highlight. Better still, these tooltips are visible to the Cloud OCR addin for NVDA, which means that, for the most part, you can figure out where you are, albeit tediously. For some other settings which might be hard to configure, remember that some of those settings can be found in the config.ini file. This time around, it's stored in appdata/local/Capcom.

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-03-12 14:37:07

Hi.
haha, guess what I just ordered this morning.
One question remains, how do we use the cloud OCR with this game? I didnt get behind that.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-03-12 20:12:44

Also, I dont know if I am the only one with this problem, but even though I increased the volume of my computer to full and the game sounds too, the game is very quiet, am I the only one with that?
Greetings moritz.

2017-03-12 20:30:06

no you're not, I think it's just a game problem... nothing we can do on our end that I can think of
I also found out that you cannot play this game on a keyboard... rofl I can't do my old combos at all because the controls just... ug

2017-03-18 07:10:28

Wait, so the playing the game on the keyboard.
is that mechanically like not possible, or is it just the difficult physicality of it?

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-03-18 07:45:47

Playing the game on a normal computer keyboard is possible but, if you're going to play on a keyboard, I'd suggest getting a gaming keyboard of some sort. The reason why I say this is because with most normal keyboards, you can only press about 2 to 3 keys simultaneously, which means that if you are going to try to pull off any commands for the game, you won't be able to do it very efficiently. With a gaming keyboard, you are able to press multiple keys at once, and the keyboard will be able to register all the different key commands.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2017-03-18 17:03:37

for me I just can't do my combos... lol it's not so much an issue of not being able to press multiple keys, muscle memory is just used to a controller and not the commands that used to be L1 and R1 being X and C for example

2017-03-19 01:47:34

@dd: I'd recommend buying a logitech gamepad. I think it's the f710 or f510 or something, there's one that looks and feels a bit like a playstation controller. However I don't know if it has vibration. I can't remember the exact name of the thing either.

2017-03-19 02:50:17 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-03-19 02:51:13)

or I could just install a DS4 driver, lol there are a couple of those
this game sucks battery like a leech though... not that I didn't expect that, I did

2017-03-19 07:12:41

I'd rather just go with the DS4 program. Or, the SCP driver. I use both. I think the SCP driver works pretty good, because after it is installed, and running, it just chills in the background, with nothing to worry about. The DS4 program comes up with a UI. I do use both sometimes.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2017-03-19 08:08:16 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-03-19 09:51:58)

there's an SCP driver too? thanks, I'll have to check that out
edit: deng, I'm just wondering, why do you have both installed, do they work differently as far as features or functionality goes? apart from one being just a driver and the other having a UI, I mean
thanks

2017-03-19 18:53:03

The Logitech F710 is, in my opinion, far and away the inferior when compared with the Dualshock 4. This is not to say the F710 is without merits, but that the DS4 is the better product overall.

Some points and comparisons to consider:

1. The F710 takes standard AA batteries, while the DS4 uses a proprietary rechargeable battery. This means the F710 is more maintenance friendly over time, whereas the DS4's battery can fail and at some point refuse to hold a charge. The flip side, however, is also true, in that the F710 can die on you in the middle of a gaming session, requiring fresh batteries, whereas the DS4 can be plugged in at any time to recharge it.

2. The DS4 connects to the computer via industry standard Bluetooth or Micro USB cable for both wireless and wired gaming, respectively. The F710 cannot connect to the computer via a wire to game without batteries, and its adapter is a proprietary Logitech receiver, which poses its own problems. Based on a quick Google search, it is not compatible with the unifying receivers, which means should you ever lose that little USB dongle, you'll have to shell out cash to use the product again. Furthermore, it often has pairing issues, as discovered by my girlfriend Ashley (who owns one), whereas I've never had pairing issues with the DS4.

3. The buttons on the DS4 require a lot less pressure to activate than do the F710's. This is usually not an issue, but in a fighting game where multiple, time-specific button presses are required, having buttons which require more force can ruin your inputs. In particular, the L2 and R2 buttons require a lot more force to engage than those on the DS4. For UUMVC3, this isn't much of an issue since those buttons aren't so important, but if you plan to play other games such as SF4 or SF5, they may cause you to drop rapid-input moves (such as Chun Li's lightning kicks).

4. The analog sticks on the F710 have slightly more travel than the DS4's. They sport a convex surface for your thumb, whereas the DS4's sticks are concaved.

5. The D-Pad for the DS4 is cut into specific cutouts in the surface of the controller, whereas the F710's D-Pad is a free-floating disc with the directions cut out into its surface. In my experience, disc-based D-Pad designs wear out and fail a lot quicker than do those of the DS4-s design. My DS4 has taken a lot of abuse from move inputs for Street Fighter 4 and never failed me, whereas my Logitech F510 (the wired model of the F710) eventually started to wear down, sometimes delivering either erroneous directional inputs, or not registering inputs at all.

6. The F710 has a switch that lets you quickly switch between Direct Input and X-Input modes. The DS4 is (strictly speaking) only a direct input controller. Various wrappers and utilities such as DS4Windows can of course convert it to an X-input controller, however.

7. The DS4 is a slimmer controller, with two long handles for the palms to wrap around during use. It sports no rubberizing, but does have textured plastic on the bottom. Depending on the way you hold the DS4, however, can leave your middle fingers resting on the slightly sharp edges of the sockets for the L2 and R2 buttons, which can be slightly irritating at first. This is a non-issue if you hold the product with your middle fingers on the bottom triggers and your index fingers on the upper shoulder buttons.

8. The F710 is a pretty large controller compared to the DS4. Its handles are very short, leaving you very little from to grip. Consequently, you'll find yourself supporting the device with only your pinky and ring fingers. Furthermore, the handles flare out slightly, so you're holding the device with your hands angled slightly inward, rather than straight like the DS4. Its handles are also ovular, which forces your hands into a specific gripping shape, whereas the DS4's round handles allow you free choice for hand posture.

9. The DS4 sports a touch pad which, with the use of the DS4Windows driver, functions as a mouse movement option. Pressing down on the touch pad performs a left click.

In general, I much prefer the DS4 games for fast-action, high-input games like Street Fighter and UMVC3, but the F710 is anywhere from 10 to 30 dollars cheaper. I don't make these comparisons to convince anyone that one controller is necessary superior, but rather to give you an informed choice on which peripheral to use. That being said, my opinion does lean towards the DS4. If you already have a PS4, or are inclined to spend slightly more for your controller, I don't think you'll go wrong with Sony's flagship controller.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-03-19 23:16:16

Hi.
One question, did anyone of you already tryed online play and can tell me how good it is? Alsoß
Because I want to play online with a friend.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-20 19:35:15

Just try it, and find out. Just USE Cloud OCR to get there. Besides, if we told you how good online play was, it would only matter to us, because internet speeds, and other conditions would be different for everyone.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!