2017-02-18 21:42:10 (edited by Valmorian 2017-02-18 21:43:16)

here ya go, should be latest ver https://www.dropbox.com/s/cua1n9f6g9igx … 3.exe?dl=1

2017-02-18 22:05:39

English page has been there for almost a year now.

As for distribution, pretty sure that restriction was only for when the download needed to be unlocked by finishing a questionnaire.

2017-02-19 19:07:16

The developers state in the manual they prefer people not to distribute direct links to the game, not just because of the questionnaire. But they don't really have a way to keep people from doing that and clearly, there are people who don't pay heed to what is said. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-02-19 19:09:42

well if people want me to take it down I will

2017-02-19 19:53:14

Not a big deal. I personally won't violate the wishes of the developers, but some others will keep them up... I don't think anyone is going to want you to take it down, and there'd be no way to enforce it anyway. It's all good. smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-03-06 14:57:22

Okay, I'm thoroughly stumped. There is a chest on the screen at coordinates 16:25. It appears to be on a platform above me, and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get to it. I've explored this screen and every screen in the vicinity to the best of my ability, but no luck. What am I missing?

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2017-03-06 16:41:47 (edited by Valmorian 2017-03-06 16:42:00)

what area are you in?

2017-03-06 16:43:31 (edited by LordLuceus 2017-03-06 16:54:27)

Maybe I didn't make myself entirely clear. It's in Rizen Forest. The screen with the chest is at coordinates 16:25.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2017-03-06 17:47:07

Hi there,
I've heard of post game that you can play after beating the game. Is it that cave's one when you go south? If no, then where I can find it? Since I only found the mentioned one and nothing else.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-03-17 15:49:49

@DD:

Can you please repost your 100% completion playthrough? I've been through the game at least 30 times now and the closest I've ever gotten is 92%. Would really like to figure out which treasures I'm missing.

2017-03-17 17:20:15

oh shiiiiiiiit I forgot about the dropbox public folder not being a thing any more, okay here you go, and everyone else too
note that I no longer remember where every single part stops and ends, lol apologies for that in advance
part 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4d6fr6ayiuz4 … 1.mp3?dl=1
part 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0f8bklmw44iv … 2.mp3?dl=1
part 3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/97w1sz70sync9 … 3.mp3?dl=1
part 4
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w56t50tm9zm38 … 4.mp3?dl=1
enjoy! I hope

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-03-17 22:37:57

@Muhammad Hajjar: from what I've heard you can unlock a different story of sorts, and it's not the cave. I don't really know where it is because I haven't gotten that far yet.

2017-03-18 04:55:53

@DD, thanks very much.

2017-03-19 06:04:28

Wow, I got 48 items, 96%. I thought I had followed the playthrough exactly, I was even listening to sections and then playing through that section myself lol. I didn't have enough points to retain all of the characters though, so I had to go back for treasures like the one past the water to the west of the temple.

slight spoilers

I figured out about collecting the chests that have the negative items like losing kairan or the explosions before I listened to the playthrough, though I heard MM do it in his. I had completely forgotten about the other part of the pendant of memories quest. Thanks for the treasure 50 trick, it looked kinda familiar but I'm not sure why. Either way it's neat.

Any tips for keeping track of everything? I can't believe I only missed two items. I kinda wish you could see what percentage of items you had found while actually in the game, but I guess that would be too easy.

2017-03-19 06:30:42

unfortunately there are no real tips for that bit, you kinda just have to hope

2017-03-19 16:26:49

This game is perfectly playable as is, but I would so, so love to see it translated better. There are bits of the story where the blurry translation sorta hurts the effect. That said, I'm kind of in awe that a game of this general quality is free. I haven't yet found any really ugly bugs, and the absolute worst thing I can say about it is that if you're playing on a slower machine, the slowdown you'll experience in certain crowded areas makes things pretty tough.

I really have to get back to this one at some point. I played a bunch of times, then sorta left off. Even with tips, I've always found the zodiac puzzle kind of a pain in the neck, and that's where my save file is currently.

Someone mentioned a trick with the bad items. Does this mean that if you get them, it will impact your total in a bad way? Or are you supposed to get the items no matter if they're bad or good?

Also, another question. I'm like 98% sure, DD, that in your playthrough you found a cave area very early on, killed a bunch of stuff, then...left instead of ploughing through it. You already had all of the characters I think since I'd heard you jump, dash and swim by this point, yet instead of finishing the cave, you just left. Is there a reason for that?

I never knew about the second part of the Pendant of Memories quest, so thanks for that. Did know about the Treasure 50 trick though.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-03-19 16:59:08

Yeah, that treasure 50 trick looks really familiar for some reason. I must have seen it somewhere. I know I didn't figure it out myself, I actually thought DD had messed up when I first saw him get the key and leave the room.

@Jayde: From what I've heard, google translate recently did a massive upgrade on it's AI that's supposed to make translation much smoother, especially for structurally dissimilar languages. However, it actually seems to have made it worse, at least for informal dialogue. Not really sure what to make of that. However, the good news is that an english translation is being worked on behind the scenes by the developers. They never set release dates, but I personally can't wait to see what they have in store. Especially since with major releases like that they always seem to add new features to the game.

spoilers

As for the bad item count, I've seen two playthroughs now where they've collected the negative items and gotten a 100% complete. My assumption is that they're necessary for 100% completion.

The zodiac puzzle isn't hard if you've got an exact walkthrough. I'd be happy to post one if you don't have one. I never use the trial and error method.

2017-03-19 18:37:10 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-03-19 18:39:44)

@jayde I'm not actually sure which cave area you're talking about here, lol I'll have to check back later...
that does remind me though I should do a playthrough of the EP, maybe with commentary this time since I now actually have a computer that can handle multiple recording inputs at once... tongue
on the trap chests, yes actually they are indeed necessary for 100 percent completion, I actually can confirm this because I remember tallying up my item count in some random text file during one playthrough... it wasn't as sad as it sounds I promise... it was just a text file with a single number in it that I updated when I got an item either from a chest, a store or a quest
and yup... my total was 50, including the traps
in the meantime though, for you and anyone else who was like me and stuck at that zodiac puzzle, nyanchan helped me figure it out big time, I paste his solution below which I have used multiple times to great affect
it goes in order with line spacing
number
clue
answer
guide begins now
我らが山を守護する者、3人の僕を従え、円卓の四方に座る。
一つは、住処守る従順な者。
一つは、木々をすべる知性ある者。
一つは空を駆ける翼ある者。
竜の玉
神の声聞く耳を持つ者、湖襲う怪物に狙われ、最も離れた場所に座る。
牛の玉
勇者を背負い走る者、颯爽と円卓に座る。2つ左には、神の声聞く耳を持つ者が座っていた。
猿の玉
最も小さき者は、下駄をはいても、席に座ることかなわず…。
猛進する山駆ける者は、円卓を通り越し、席に座ることかなわず…。
兎の玉
犬猿の仲とはよく言ったものだ。仲の悪い二人、向かい合い火花を散らす。
鳥の玉
毛玉をまといし優しき者は、他の者に場所を譲り、席に座ることかなわず…
南を守護する気高き獣は、その職務に準じ、席に座ることかなわず………
馬の玉
湖を襲う怪物、円卓の中で最も下位の席に潜む。我らが山を守る者と、その従順なる僕に挟まれ、その動き封じられる。
犬の玉
悠々自適に歩む者、最後に残された席に座る。左手には、山を守護する者が座っている。
蛇の玉

2017-03-19 18:42:33 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-03-19 18:44:33)

DD, it's the root of taiki or whatever it's called. To the left and up from the temple, with the entrance from above. You ran in there early in the playthrough, cleared one room, then instead of going into the next room with the ... I forget what they're called now but the things that shoot wind projectiles at you, you left. You went back to that cave at the end of part3 and finished it lol. I was wondering why you did that myself.

Here is an english translation of the zodiac puzzle for simplicities sake. Naturally, spoilers:

mouse ball is not using.
cattle ball is northwest area.
tiger ball is not using.
rabbit ball is southwest area.
dragon ball is north area.
snake ball is northeast area.
horse ball is southeast area.
sheep ball is  not using.
monkey ball is west area.
birds ball is south area.
dog ball is east area.
wild boar ball is  not using.

2017-03-19 18:44:42 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-03-19 19:03:40)

or that works too... hahaha
edit: ah there it is... that is a very good question, heh I found it, not sure what I was thinking at the time though
although just out of curiosity how many would actually be interested in a playthrough of the EP? the original reason I didn't do one was because I felt like it'd just be kinda pointless, since the items are all in the same locations except for the ones in the old dungeons which were just transferred to the new ones

2017-03-20 10:06:56

Haha there's probably some people that would like to see a certain battle since it can take a few playthroughs to get to it, but speedrunning it and defeating it in like 4 hits might not be quite as interesting tongue

2017-03-20 16:47:28

I mean I could weaken myself, lol I've done it before

2017-03-20 17:42:13

Yikes, do you mean by not carrying over your bonuses? Or is there another more temporary way?

Also, do you know what actually counts toward item completion and what doesn't? I was tallying up my items and I'm at 40 before the orb dungeon, which doesn't make sense because getting all the chests there would put me over 50. I was counting keys and the like, basically any opened chest. I also counted the wheel of space time. I was thinking keys might not count because a lot of the keys aren't in the after story.

2017-03-20 18:26:40

keys do not count, it's only item chests and one time shop purchases, recovery charms don't count which is why I didn't buy them all... that and they're expensive
and no I meant cutting my number of power rubies in half with memory hacks, lol I'll go down but I never give myself more that way

2017-03-20 18:42:43

Ah OK, that helps. Thanks.

spoilers

What's weird is that there's actually an event when you get all the recovery charms. The most expensive one is only around 200 kairan. The game kinda makes it sound like that merchant will sell you something else after you buy them all. You can even meet him again in one of his 3 locations, or in Rizen forest if you've completed the game and carried over your charms, and he says he'll sell you whatever he comes up with if you meet him somewhere. But I've never found him again so maybe this is a future planned feature.