1 (edited by blink_wizard 2017-04-05 12:07:07)

Hi. So giving it thought I decided I would start up working on my game, the killer. This is the thred you guys can use now, instead of using general gaming. the link to download the game is http://blinkwizard.com/tk/release.zip
It is an online FPS, similar to games like Redspot, Ultrapower, RTR, etc. I like forward to hearing from you for game ideas!

Ivan

i can't get ultra bombs working, i place one, no sound. then i put down 20 coins with the shift enter function. then i close my inv and press enter. nothing happens

one day, i will host a road to rage server...
one day, i will have a website with games i learned to code

Thumbs up

HI.
Ultra bombs not working.
I find funny bug 17 players online. bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , bloono with 0kills , and dash with 128 kills hahaha

You searching a big available multi players list?
Go to my page!
You known other games? Contact me to e-mail or send post to my topic!

sorry Ivan I cannot play this game.

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

Thumbs up

Oh no!!! Again this game with 77% of stolen code?

Raduvay se, raduvay
Raduvay se domaki ne
Kolko liste po gorach
Tolko zdrave na taz kyshcha

rofl

Thumbs up

don't wish on to others what you don't want done to you. @blink_wizard

Learn about the-m-word midget and how its offensive to people who have dwarfism and please sign.
I took the pledge, will you?

http://www.the-m-word.net/

So have you even tried the game or just saying its stolen code because you can? Just wondering. Ya know, if its stilen code, just give me the line numbers where it uses stolen code and I'll post a line of code, maybe.

Ivan

Please reper a bug, i'm pasted this in my previous message in this topic

Go to my page!

Hi.
I finally got the chance to give the game a try. It's quite awesome and fun. The readme should be updated, since there are a lot of things which I don't know what do or how they work.
Keep up the good job.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... big_smile

11 (edited by blink_wizard 2017-03-21 07:48:45)

Hi there. So it looks like I have ran into yet another problem that needs to be solved but I need your advice on this. So I currently don't have the funds for a new server, so I could do a few things. I do know of someone who could host the server but it would be very laggy and just overall not the best experience. I could also ask for donations to continue hosting on the current server, and it would just be the same. Up to you guys.

Ivan

or you could make a server list, so it doesn't have to be one central server

one day, i will host a road to rage server...
one day, i will have a website with games i learned to code

Thumbs up

then it would die like rtr... Do you want that? it'll be thrown away like rtr did before...
tongue

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro
just you can find me on most multiplayer games with this name lol. If you wish to come in contact with me, just pm me on stw, i'm around there for the most.

Thumbs up

The server list wasn't rtr's downfall. Its a combination of 2 factors. 1, their was no dynamicly updating server list, so players offen couldn't find a server to play on, and 2, the downside to fps games is that they can get boring, reel fast, specially considering rtr didn't have the extra's such as explosives like grenades or rockets, or even ground vehicles. Their is only so menny times one can play, run around the map and get shot in the back before its not fun. Even the portible version of audio quake, which connected to an already created server that was already up for most of the time became a ghost town after a while, that's what happens when a games charm wares off. Non central server games and the approach itself are not as bad as people make them out to be, and in fact if you want my advice, I personally think central servers are better deticated to online M M O's, not first person rtr stile shooters. Besides, making a central server for an fps game has only proved to cause more and more headakes, your better off just leaving it to the players and adding in the necessary ban, unban and whatever other commands you need, then leaving it up to the players.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up +2

Yeah. The online F P S mainstream games out there do not have one central server for everything. Giving something a central server does not preserve its charm, in fact it's just impractical.

Follow me on twitter: @savage_genius16

Hello.
I will get my domain and I want to host your server.

Thumbs up

severestormsteve1 wrote:

Yeah. The online F P S mainstream games out there do not have one central server for everything. Giving something a central server does not preserve its charm, in fact it's just impractical.

To be fair that's not entirely true, I mean stuff like CS GO, TF2 have server lists but you can set those to auto refresh or could at least a while ago but I've not checked recently, with TF2), the CoD console type games, fun as they can be, use peer to peer matchmaking, which means, no central servers but if somebody is lagging....you're screwed.

Then again, I have run across the argument that a central server makes it easier to manage things but...I disagree. Also, one more thing. No central server means no costs, and the ability to always play and not have to worry about some company switching off the servers after a period of time (EA for example are famous for this in the past with their games)

So, IMO, ether go peer to peer for MP, or make a server list you can either set to refresh every few moments, or give people the server files, let them host their own servers and deal with attracing people to those servers

@Danny's post up there:

Eh yes and no, personally I've seen sever lists for niche genres that have zero public servers with people on, and I've seen games fall off a cliff in terms of active players once the charm wears off. The trick, honestly, is to keep the charm going and effectively trick people into keeping playing until a new update then that whole new charm comes back, it's a cycle, some devs master it, some suck at it (Activision have gone from the former with COD4 to the latest COD and managed a spectacular decline for instance, or if you want the prototypical example of the past few years, No Man's Sky. Hyped to hell, charm wore off, player counts sunk without a trace and now those guys are working on the game player counts are ever so slowly recovering)

IMO I don't think FPSes really work for audiogames, that, or audiogamers just get tired of games quicker, or there's not that many audiogames that find the sweet spot between being good to play and still keeping the players involved and keeeping that charm going. Thing is, every game loses its charm but some survive longer than others.

Thumbs up

Hi ivan.
I can host a server big_smile

Go to my page!

Hi Ivan.
I can offer to host the game server as well. I'm just not sure if my server is powerful enough, but we could give it a try. Please send me a private mail, not private message for more information.
I agree that it would be awesome to host your own server, and then have a feature in the game where the server list is automatically being updated. When hosting a server, it could connect to a central place which is running on your website where the server list is being updated, so people don't have to mess around with server addresses and ports to connect. So it's just run the server and people can connect by using the server list directly from the game. I don't know how difficult it would be to make this... But maybe Danny or others have some better ideas?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

hi,
@slj and @dash: if ivan isn't able to host the server himself, he'd ask for server hosters, lol this topick is 90% full of server asking posts roflfl. Please stop asking this server shit. He didn't ask someone to host a server for him, he asked to get advice wether he should get a new server with donations or stay with this one... READ POST 11 AGAIN PLEASE!!!!!!

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro
just you can find me on most multiplayer games with this name lol. If you wish to come in contact with me, just pm me on stw, i'm around there for the most.

Thumbs up

marro wrote:

hi,
@slj and @dash: if ivan isn't able to host the server himself, he'd ask for server hosters, lol this topick is 90% full of server asking posts roflfl. Please stop asking this server shit. He didn't ask someone to host a server for him, he asked to get advice wether he should get a new server with donations or stay with this one... READ POST 11 AGAIN PLEASE!!!!!!

they just wanted to help and you didn't have to say it like that

Learn about the-m-word midget and how its offensive to people who have dwarfism and please sign.
I took the pledge, will you?

http://www.the-m-word.net/

@DracoSelene89 I don't see how what you stated discredited my point. I do however believe that in a public server based game such as this, a dynamic server list is crucial. Road to Rage, for example, has 4 non working servers: the grenade interactive servers, and the main server (that main server never seems to work). To clarify my point that a central server is impractical, The Killer is not a shareware product. It is also a First Person Shooter. Ivan may also experience trouble, financial or otherwise, forcing him to shut the server. We've seen this before.
With a First Person Shooter, it is not practical, easy, or efficient to have a team of administration staff watching over the players. Too much trouble for a game like this.

So if someone like Danny or someone who has written a dynamic server list, what's the best way to go about updating a server list? Just curious. You see, the server thing is great, but the only problem I see about it, is people misusing it. For example, there could be so many servers like there was in Ultrapower with like 30 admins and the game wasn't fun to play at all. Or I could be wrong, I might add the server list though if most of you guys really want this. I see the good and bad in doing this. On one hand we won't have to worry about servers or anything like that, and I guess there's always the argument of if you don't like a server you could go to another one. I just don't want this game to be known as another drama blindy FPS.

Ivan

marro wrote:

hi,

So, I have just read post 11 like 5 times now, just to make sure I don't misunderstand the text. It read as follows:
Hi there. So it looks like I have ran into yet another problem that needs to be solved but I need your advice on this. So I currently don't have the funds for a new server, so I could do a few things. I do know of someone who could host the server but it would be very laggy and just overall not the best experience. I could also ask for donations to continue hosting on the current server, and it would just be the same. Up to you guys.
1: He know someone who could host the server but it would be laggy.
2: He could ask for donation but it might still be laggy.
Then I offer to give it a try on my server to see if it lags, for free, because he don't have the money to pay.
Lastly, he says it's up to you and he is asking for advice.
So, please come down and read things more carefully next time, or accept the fact that things can be understood in more than one way.

Best regards SLJ.

Then do like RTR does and only let the one who knows the password do things to the server. A dynamic server list? Send a packet to the server list when the server boots up notifying it there's a new server with the required information, and one when the server is being shut down. In addition, Have the server list go and ping the servers connected to it, and delete the ones that give no response. That's my suggestion.