2015-11-20 18:46:02

Ah, no, no Omega beams yet. Just Heatwave's heatwaves.

After you complete the game once, enemies will start resurrecting as Black Lanterns. ... And so will the heroes you use, if they die.

The Batclaw doesn't make any sound, unfortunately. You can use it to grab enemies (something like Scorpion's spear from Mortal Kombat), and it can move some objects, like destroyed cars or statues.
I went and tested it after some of the questions in this thread, and I found that I could stand on top of some of the shorter buildings and use the batclaw to grab destroyed cars from below to hit enemies.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-20 23:56:25

And about the gl hand, what it does?

2015-11-21 00:47:51

I don't remember if it does anything sad.
In theory, it should work kinda like a batclaw that can punch things.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-21 03:47:11

Cae, i have a question about the game, but it is of a more technical nature.
I program in bgt, but i don't release any games yet.
I generaly made movimentation code with timers and integer variables, i would like to know how you did it using decimal variables, i know the calculation because i looked at the your sonic the edgehog code that came with the game, but i want to know how you made a calculation to the game know the exact time that the player will reach the next integer value then play the step sound?
I want mean, if i tell the program to play the footstep sound within the function that the program calculates the new coordinates with the moving speed, who year will think that you are the fastest man from the universe.

2015-11-21 04:49:39 (edited by CAE_Jones 2015-11-21 04:50:48)

Basically:

class stepper {
int state;
double counter;

stepper() {
    state=0;
    counter=0.0;
}

bool setState(int s) {
    // Check for necessary conditions.
    state=s;
    // Figure out what to do for each state. I would normally use objects for this, but for JLA I just used enormous if-else chains. The simplest example, I guess:
    counter=0.25;
    // We assume there is a global variable called pool.
    pool.play_stationary("startsound.wav", false); // Well, you should position it instead.
    return state==s; // In case it didn't take somewhere.
}

void step(double dt) {
    if(counter>0.0) {
        counter-=dt;
        if(counter<=0.0) {
            counter=0.0;
            // Figure out what to do when a state ends.
           // You could play a sound here, or pick a different state to go to, etc.
           setState(0);
        }// 0 from above.
    }// descending.
    else if(counter<0.0) {
        counter+=dt;
        if(counter>=0.0) {
            counter=0.0;
            // Etc.
            setState(0);
        }// 0 from below
    }// ascending

// Anything you want to do at all times. If you had a velocity variable, you might try to move the character here.
}
}

sound_pool pool;

void main() {
stepper player;

show_game_window("Look at it go....");
while(true) {
stepper.step(0.005);
if(key_pressed(KEY_F4) and (key_down(KEY_LMENU)  or key_down(KEY_RMENU)) exit();
else if(key_pressed(KEY_C)) show_game_window("Counter: " + player.counter);
else if(key_pressed(KEY_S)) show_game_window("State: " + player.state);
else if(key_pressed(KEY_SPACE)) player.setState(1);
wait(5);
}
}
看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-21 06:18:42

The way that you wrote it seems compatible with the finitestatemachine include that you ve posted on somewhere that i don't remember right now, anyway, thanks for the example.

2015-11-21 07:57:18

MM I see. It kinda sounds like omega waves, so...
What about the luring boss thingy? Do I have to do something first before moving to the left edge? (In real life, for example, if you wanna lure someone you need to go to that person, taunt them a bit then run...so yeah)

Best wishes

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2015-11-21 13:31:25

You need to get within 30-40 steps or so.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-21 15:33:39

Oh...That explains it since once I entered I immediately ran left...Heh. Thanks.

Best wishes

2015-12-01 05:53:53

Er, Cae, is this a bug? I was playing the Coast City level and it appears that buildings can be destroyed multiple times. When I looked at it it told me something like this:
destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed destroyed building, X 169.71, Y 8.9, Z 2
That made me a bit curious so yeah. Also, Solemon Grundy is I think hard to beat. I need to use green lantern twice, and then Flash twice more to defeat him, heh. Nice game, though!

Regards,
Kenzon

2015-12-01 06:18:41

Yeah, things can be destroyed more than once. It's kinda odd but then I decided to leave it. I'm not sure why...

Solomon Grundy tends to reflect a lot of attacks, so the most reliable way to deal with him is punching. Back before the AI could jump and aim, the easiest way to beat him was to fly above him and dive downward while attacking, but that isn't so great anymore.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-12-01 11:00:35

Oddly that's exactly how I did it. I flew above him for a moment, then dove down and attacked him. Though also strangely he didn't attack me when I was doing this. Though I still can't figure out what helicopters do. I know rockets can bump into flying people but I don't seem to encounter this problem with helicopters...

2015-12-02 14:35:14

Uhm Cae, I think I encountered another problem that I'm not certain whether its a bug or not.
When I was playing in Arkham, I suddenly found myself unable to move and I heard sounds as though I am colliding with cars of some such, yet I didn't know what hit me. What is happening there?

2015-12-02 15:32:53

I can only assume a security door was destroyed and its burning bulk fell on you.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-12-03 04:34:06

Huhm...I didn't know that could happen. Thanks for explanation and keep up yoru good work on the games.

Best wishes,
Kenzon

2017-03-16 05:50:55

hey guys, i would really like to play this game, i was able to play it on my previous computer, but now it seems your games have disappeared, if i could have your games, i would like super mario bros audio addition, and justice league assemble

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2017-03-16 12:15:25

I'll post a link later today.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-03-18 08:40:41

thanks, would really apreciate it

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2017-03-19 06:46:05

can you send the link?

2017-03-25 18:03:21

can you send the link?

2017-08-06 05:39:16

still waiting on that link

2017-08-06 07:05:28

I believe you can find it at the Audio Games Archive. Not sure which version they have.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-07 12:28:55 (edited by Jod 2017-08-07 12:30:56)

you can download it from https://www.agarchive.net/games/jeqocon … ssemble.7z

2017-08-13 09:53:57

thank you all. now, I don't know where that super mario topic is, but I  have a question. when I hit a platform, I got this item found sound, does that mean I get the item, can I activate it? what's the difference between shiney bricks and regulars, and how do I break bricks, I've read the readme and it says that you break bricksby beeing giant. so, I get the mushrooms from the shiney bricks? ok. but, what's so special about the unbreakables. I found an item and would really want to know how to use it. thank you, and have a great day!

2017-08-13 10:30:58

oh and one other, how in hell do I climb down pipes? because in world 1 level one, there's tuns of pipes with them goomba's next to them. so, I try jumping on the pipe, then pressing down arrow. damn those damn goombas are fuckkin over powered cause they kill me. one time, I jumped over a pit, only to run smack in to a goomba! thanks for making this game kae jones, you never seesse  to amaze me, also, is there a way I can figure out what each character power does in justice league? I have a feel of what smoke screen does, it pushes the enemy away. I don't know what vibration and bat claw does, also I don't know what gl hand and trap does, there are more, but what ever