2017-03-17 19:52:52

Hello to all of you, it is me here again.
I know that this game has a few bugs, but it is my first game, so please contact me at:
[email protected] if you want to tell me about these bugs, or if you want to help me with the game, or suggest something.
Ok, this is a side scroler audiogame in whitch you will have to kill enemys.
But any way, read more in the readme file, here is the link:
http://grproductions.freevar.com/deadland.zip
Please enjoy!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-03-17 20:03:09

Again, as usual, a sidescroller which you kill enemies. Oof, that's exactly what bgt starters always do, which the comunity have had enough of. Will download and see anyways.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-03-17 20:25:07

Hi.
That's a great start of your first game. If I were you, I would have waited a bit with the release, and at leased made it so the game either closes itself when the enemy is dead, or simply restarted. Keep up the good work.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-17 21:57:37

As popular as these side-scrollers are, I don't think we should be highlighting that fact in the very first reply to the thread. Kind of...discouraging, don't you think?

That said, I don't really have time to look at this, and to be honest, straight-up side-scrolling beat-em-ups like this are not really my thing. That said, I hope this continues to expand and improve. Side-scrollers are a really good place to start learning how to use BGT, a fact which I know and understand based on my knowledge of code in general. I couldn't duplicate it, but I understand at least some of the concepts.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-03-17 23:37:20

Downloading, been some time since I last played a sidescroller, plus, I like to fuel new developers, we need more options, and you did well in wanting to show yourself. Expect feedback soon.
Best regards, Haramir

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2017-03-18 00:16:13 (edited by musicalman 2017-03-18 00:25:38)

Muhammad Hajjar wrote:

Again, as usual, a sidescroller which you kill enemies. Oof, that's exactly what bgt starters always do, which the comunity have had enough of.

Oof, that is perhaps the most discouraging reply I have ever seen. New releases is for posting new releases. And as stated by the forum FAQ:

28: Can I post practice games, or alpha or beta versions of games?
Absolutely, people on the forum are likely to be a useful source of feedback and suggestions. Bear in mind though practice games might not be suitable for the database or news see The database guidelines for more details.

So I don't see why we have to be so pessimistic or push a dev down before he can stand up.

With that said, I do worry that because code was borrowed and there are still acknowledged bugs, that this game might have a slow start. I only say this because it would take me days to do even this much, if I could even put it together at all, as I am a horrendous bGT coder. Even so, I personally wouldn't want to release something as rough as this, but that's a personal thing and no doubt everyone is different. So what I am essentially saying is that this could either break through the realms of practice games, or it could be forever trapped there if the dev decides coding is not for him and suddenly vanishes. Because BGT is intended to be an easy starter game creation language, and because of the myriad of source code available these days and working examples in the BGT manual, it would be possible for someone, with very little knowledge of BGT's actual syntax, to concatenate something together from the fragments of working code they have which someone else wrote, with likely only minor modifications to change values and such. Then when something wasn't working for whatever reason, or they wanted to proceed to more complicated stuff which required them to actually write original script, they would be stuck. I myself found myself in this situation, which is why I bring it up.

Before we start predicting what will happen though, let's at least give this new dev well-earned support and encouragement for having his ambitions and deciding to take a stab at game development. To do otherwise, imho, really slags on a community's reputation.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-03-18 00:39:21

hello,
I agree absolutely
let's give chance,  cuz he said this is his first game
and I have feedbacks about in the game
i see more spelling errors there
can you fix these?
I just killed enemy there game never ends
just getting this,  ok button
I had to use task manager for close

2017-03-18 04:28:53

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have played this game, at least not yet. There seems to be an influx of great games over the past month or so that I'm just now getting around to playing due to a variety of reasons, and, while I do very much enjoy side scrollers, this one would have been put on the back burner. Then I saw the negative response that was given to the developer, and I decided that I would play it, just to prove that this community actually does support its up and coming devs. And, while the negative response was luckily just one post, these things do have a habit of snowballing if reasonable people don't put their foot down right away. I'm happy to see that some others did just that.

So, my thoughts aren't much different than those that were already given. This game needs work, but could be just as great as the already existing beat 'em ups that are around. I think it would be good to have a menu once the game launches. As it stands, I was rather confused when I launched the game and was placed right into it, especially since there's no background ambience or any other kind of indication that the game has begun. Even if it takes awhile to implement a menu system, it would be good if you could update the readme to reflect the fact that the game starts immediately. Otherwise, people might think that the game has frozen. I know I did for the first few seconds until I decided to experiment and start pressing the arrow keys. The looping dialog at the end is a problem, but that's already been discussed, and I think you know that or you wouldn't have pointed it out in the documentation. Finally, if you're going for a game where you need to kill one enemy, rather than a whole bunch of recurring ones, that's definitely unique for this genre of game. But then there should be a story as to why this one enemy is so big and bad, and why he must be stopped.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-03-18 05:17:46

going to try this and i say this to you the dev    congrats on your first game.

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-03-18 05:46:30

post 2, Don't be a dick. That aside, I'll download this later and give it a spin.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-03-18 06:17:00

Ashley, the game has potential if you decide to dare and create your own features. The technical knowledge can be hard to achieve, I say that by my own experiences. As a developer, I'm a good musician, big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2017-03-18 09:18:28

Hello to all of you once again.
I am so sorry for the game not exitting when the escape key is pressed, I am still working on that bug.
@Post 2:
If you don't like a side scroler, please feel free not to download the game, there are diffirent strokews for diffirent foaks, meaning you like what evver you want to like.
Thanks for all the comments, I will plan On adding nice fetures, and i will make them my own.
But i want some one to help me with this.
best regards to all of you.
Oh, and before i forget, i stated in the readme file, that not all of the code is mine, but it is some code from the bgt enemy test, that mason created, I just want to give a huge thanks to him, Because i can learn a lot from that code, and there are a lot of things that i did not understand, what i understand after i took a look at that code.

best regards

2017-03-18 12:37:27

i don't know what to say really
but you know? good starting, but we need more games that is requiring more than to kill an enemy, because that is kinda, you know boaring
this is my oppinion and you are free to disagree with it as long as you respect it
thanks
i hope that this game will expend to something more enteresting, or i hope that a great game will come where you will have to do more than to kill an enemy or something like that
anyways, laters

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2017-03-18 12:48:31 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2017-03-18 14:39:33)

Sidescroller is one of my favourite types of games. The problem is that I've witnessed with my not so short career in this comunity lots of people creating sidescrollers as a start just to show look people, I'm programming and I want you to play my game. And after that, and after showing their game, they simplly leave it, and you'll see that as lots, lots, and lots of left off sidescrollers out there, mostly because their devs don't know programming so they can't continue what they've based their games on from other codes and so on. That's my opinion, but if you ashleygrobler04 think that you'll continue developing your game, making it that strong sidescroller which contains lots of goodies, then good luck, and I hope to see your game better and has more expansion. Again, good luck and hope you all the best.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-03-18 13:18:51

Hey Ashley, I could help you with fixing that bug and the code if you need. I'll be on Skype, cause I don't read emailes much. asasr222 is my Skype for instance, to see what's wrong with the bug and what has really happened. I think it's cause of a loop or something, however it might be solvable if I could take a look after your permition. Gards.

2017-03-18 14:14:34

thanks a lot coco, i will send you a request on skype as soon as i get the chanse.

best regards

2017-03-24 20:33:42

hello dear ashleygrobler04.  Good job! but bare in mind that you should work a bit harder to bring  fun for audio  gamers. Anyways, am here to congratulate you, for your first game, If you have any problems, feel free to throw me an email, or add me in skype: saman201533. Remember that everyone should start from 0, never 100. So don't give up and keep working! break a leg buddy.

2018-07-26 17:30:10

this link don't work!

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-07-26 17:51:48

hi, sorry this was such a stupid game, don't even try it!

best regards

2018-07-27 11:27:18

please ashley, give me a link to this game please

2018-07-27 13:23:51

hi
ashly, i realy want try it

2018-07-27 13:24:19

i thumbs uped poest 14
dont left, conteenew

2018-07-27 16:15:33

I love side scrollers.
The hting is Ashley, for experienced audio gmers who expect more like me or Muhammad from post 2, you need to add things like missions, long quests, many options and story plots. I know it's hard for a beginning developer, it might be ven harder with a side scroller, but trust me, practice makes anyone a master, and also if you manage, people will respect and love you for it.

I choose to be happy

2018-07-27 17:23:33

senter! Oh yea!

2018-07-27 18:29:31

It has known bugs, then why is it released? Not worth my time, sorry. Actually, not sorry, because you'd think people would know better by now but they don't.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united