2017-03-16 23:04:06 (edited by hanif 2017-11-19 23:37:32)

note: originally, this is a question for all the telltale games on the PC, but as time passes by, it grows up in to a discussion for various telltale games (which I've tried some of them).
so now, I've changed the topic subject to telltale games disscussion. if anyone ever tried of these interactive movie series and have figured out something from these games, please let me know.
right now, I'm messing around with the first season of the walking dead, and now I am currently at chapter 5 of 6. this game, unlike any other series from this developer, this one is designed to complicate things a bit. for example, in one of the action sequences, there is a part where you have to do something manually, like in the first chapter where you have to learn to fight the walker using a shot gun.
another thing that makes it more complicated then any other telltale series is when you are exploring, if you look at the same object more than once, it will repeat the scene again, just like games such as broken age or life is strange. not only that, there are parts where you have to go to multiple places to find an item. right now I am at the place where I have to find a battery, a remote, and a key to the farmacy room.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-03-17 08:23:36

Hi.
I have only tried a lot of their games on my ps4. Keep in mind if you play their games on the pc, you need to use a controller. Otherwise a mouse is required as far as I have read.
Please let me know if you figure something out.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-17 13:35:13

since strangely, all of the telltale games are not available on my country, I have no choice other than to try their games on the PC with my PS4 controller.
I'll let you guys know if I've made any progress with the telltale games.
previously, I've got to the middle of the first chapter of minecraft: story mode by using a mouse, however it's quite hard to navigate other than to guess around. picking choices is also difficult if using a mouse, you have to hold the left mouse button and scroll the mouse wheel to select the choices. if you want to confirm your choice, you have to let go of the button.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-03-17 20:11:51

Hmm, strange controls. I hope the pc games supports the ps4 controller...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-03-18 07:50:27

indeed, it supports the PS4 controller.
this morning I tried a shot with minecraft story mode, and I got far enough, although the controls are a bit different.
the square button is for your primary action button, and the X button is to back out from the menu, the R2 button is used to pause the game.
as for picking choices, it's the same thing like in the console version, meaning that you have to press either X, square, triangle or circle button.

2017-03-18 08:51:25

I should give Mindcraft a try, but my experience with the previous games are not that good. Game of thrones is still the most accessible game out of the games I've tried. I haven't tried the walking dead games, and I don't know if I'll do it.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-18 09:50:16

I should give game of thrones a shot as well, cause this one is pretty good too.
as for minecraft, I'm not recommending that game to you for now, cause in that game there are too much walking, like in the first part of the game until I am at right now, where after jesse completed the building competition, his / her team build a fireworks and the competitors are stairing at his / her team. suddenly, an unfortunate event is happening, which is, jesse's pet, walked in to the fireworks and it disappeared. after that, jesse, axel, and petra split up to find reuben.

2017-03-18 11:55:48

sorry for the double post, however I have some info for those who wants to try the telltale games on the PC.
for the menu, there are tooltips screen, so that means you can use OCR to read the menus so you can memmorize them. however, for the choices, since this one is pretty fast, OCR I think will not work with this.

2017-03-18 22:00:30

sorry for the tripple post.
I've played again with minecraft, however now I'm stuck, I think this one is the part where it started to become unplayable. in this part, I have to build a stone sword, which is previously broken. I've got the stick and a stone, however it's hard to build it.

2017-03-19 09:03:18

sigh, controllers and console..i don't even have any, nor am i allowed to have. telltale games are awesome, too awesome.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-03-19 13:28:14

@mata, same here, those games are not available in this country, to be exact for the console version.
however, for PC users, we can get those on steam, however a controller is required to play. right now, I've just played minecraft story mode, and got stuck at the part when I have to craft a stone sword. later on, I'm going to try out tales from the borderlands, hopefully it's doable for us.

2017-03-19 18:50:23

Tells from the Borderlands becomes more and more unplayable as you progress in the game. But feel free to give it a try if you wish. I'm at a part where there simply is too much exploration and you need to find so many things, so it'll take forever for us...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-19 19:33:14

SLJ, if you were able to implement a blind accessibility fix for that, what would it be? e.g. when you are in the general area of an object, a looping audio cue for it plays, that gets louder/quicker as you get closer to it?

2017-03-19 22:33:28

if anyone could contact them to make these series more accessible it will be awesome, especially for the exploration part and the QTE part.

2017-03-19 22:56:30

I tried doing that but the developers are ignoring it sadly.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-03-20 10:55:13

to SLJ, you said you are stuck in tales from the borderlands.
can I know what character story that you've played? is it ris or fiona?

2017-03-20 19:33:19

@ianhamilton
I have already contacted the company regarding making the games more accessible. I got a reply telling that they might look into this in the future but nothing else.
Their games would have been playable if:
1: They made a tts option reading the choices when you have to pick one.
2: More importantly: Simply make a small beep sound when the cursor jumps over something. You use the right analog stick to move the cursor like a mouse, and thankfully it stops when it reach the top, bottom, left or right side of the screen. In this way you can move the cursor in coordinates, but it makes no sound at all. So if a sound was played when the cursor was highlighting something , it would make things much easier.
An other thing could be to have a button to press where the cursor automatically highlights the previous or next item, but that might be difficult to make.
My point is: Sighted gamers are not spending much time on the cursor movement. If the games should be more playable, it should be easier for blind gamers as wel, which it would be, if you could keep moving the cursor in coordinates until a beep was heard. I have used more than 5 hours moving the cursor and trying to find something to interact with in their games.
@hanif: I don't know. I didn't know you could play different stories in the game. The walkthroughs I've used doesn't mentioned that. I just clicked start game. smile
Things are getting very difficult and close to impossible after the part with the talking mirror.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-20 20:07:49

@SLJ, in the game, you'll control a different character in certain chapter. in the first part of the game, you'll play as rees, and on the middle of the episode, you'll play as fiona. as for that talking mirror, can I know what chapter is it? I know it's in the first episode, I want to know on which chapter did you encounter it.
and for game of thrones, how far have you got through the game?

2017-03-21 08:40:55

The talking mirror is in chapter 2 as far as I remember.
In Game of Thrones, I'm stuck in episode 4 chapter 4. So I'm close to complete the game and find it sad to be stuck at this place...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-21 10:17:35

wow, it's pretty good to hear that you're close to completing the game. I'm going to download game of thrones soon and if I got to the part where you are stuck right now and I've figured something out, I'll let you know about it, and I'm also going to figure out the talking mirror as well.

2017-03-21 10:24:13

sorry for the double post, I've just remembered something about tales from the borderlands.
you said that you are stuck at chapter 4, where you have to complete a puzzle to control the camera. is it correct?

2017-03-21 20:02:07

I have passed this part. There are a few parts where you need to control the camera, which needs extremely much patience. Now you have been warned. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-21 21:02:45

I've recently played this game, however I got stuck at this part.
right now, I'm at the part when rees is speaking with vasquez, however the conversation is interrupted by a phone call from august. after that call, vasquez keeps talking like crazy and I have to look around. after some looking around, I press the L1 button on the controller and it sounded like I am controlling a camera.
what should I do in this part?

2017-03-22 09:01:40

I remember this part, but I don't remember exactly what to do. You can find the answer in a walkthrough. That's what I did. It's a kind of a tutorial part where you need to do the right thing to progress. I just don't remember what. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-22 10:26:54

Can i know which walkthrough did you use? Do you have a link for it along with the other series? In gamefaqs there is no walkthrough for the series except for the walking dead series