2017-03-16 17:00:11

Hi all,

For those of you who are into remote Linux servers, can you help me out with this problem?

I'm trying to download a log file from my remote Linode server to my Mac running Sierra.  i'm using the terminal to connect through SSH and using SCP to download the file directly to my Mac.  Here is the syntax:

scp <remote user>@<remote machine>:<remote path> <local file>

In my case, this would be:

scp luke@myipaddress:/home/tt/tt5/tt5srv.log localfile

Where exactly is the file being copied to?  I'm not specifying a directory in the syntax, and when I enter this command, it returns a message saying it was downloaded 100%.

Thanks,

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2017-03-16 17:15:24

It depends.

If you're running this directly from the run dialog, I have no idea. You could possibly use the search dialog in the start menu to search for it, shouldn't be too hard.

In the case of using this from a commandline, it is located in the directory you are currently in (you can see the path with typing pwd).

Hope this helps

2017-03-16 17:19:44

I'm using MacOS Sierra.  I'm not running Windows.

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2017-03-16 18:51:09

Hm.

The ladder part of my post still applies, just substitute commandline with terminal. Pwd is universal, as far as i'm aware.

Anyway, there are probably OS-specific tools you can use to search for it? not sure; haven't used anything other than windows. (I did use arch for a couple of weeks, but I wasn't thrilled)