2017-02-12 16:02:33

Is one of the unofficial soundpacks for mush?

2017-02-12 17:34:39

unfortunetly no

2017-02-12 19:43:18

AAAH DAMN! Thats bad!
Hey dardar will you create a new topic if the Pack for Mush is ready? I am only checking this Topic from time to time to see if there is something new about a mushpack. Would be realy realy nice of you!

2017-02-17 13:19:19

Are factories made public when you buy them off of other players? I am trying to figure out why mine was public when i did not make it so. It's last owner had me aboard it to show me the factory before I bought it. Then they listed it for sell and sense I was there, I bought it. This other player had to dock to it before I bought it because of the public docking was not enabled. Just trying to make sure I have a full understanding how this works before I start complaining. if the fact that it went public when it went up for sell, then I really should not complain. I basicly do not want any other player aboard until I am done building it yes, I found out that it was public the hard way. Yes, I should had most likely check the settings afterwards, but I did not seeing that I thought they were set one way which they clearly was not. Big oops on my part.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-02-23 02:02:39

A very warm good evening to you all.
First of all, let me say how proud I am, both of the game, of the players, and of the people who post here. Cosmic Rage started off, for me, as a dream, and now, it is a reality. WE're reaching into the 40's, dayly for a playercount and every day I just fall out of my chair, absolutely amazed,so let me take this moment just to thank every single player, every person who plays, played, or is thinking of playing. Thank you, for making a dream reality.

Now then, onto some mega announcements that are garanteed to knock your socks off!
n8: hello folks! First of all, I really hope you enjoyed both part one, and part two, of that event. A big hats off to Sierra Gar, who worked with me to design, and carry out the events. Part two was suppose to go slightly differently, but the vacus blew up their own ship, so we did some improv. And now, for the part you are all waiting for... I bring you... Peaches! Just kidding. I bring you our 5th race, the Mutariansi! the Mutariansi are a race of ancient shapeshifters who hold within them many abilities and awe-enspiring tallents. They are formed of energy called bioplasma, and have lived for perhaps as long as the dragons. There is an entire history in their help file, help mutariansi. I recommend you read that before you try out this race as it contains some key warnings. I have not put together a race book yet, but will do either tonight or tomorrow. I have just unlocked the mutariansi chargen room, so you may now all create an extra alt and go play if you wish. AS is in keeping with our rules here, the character limit has been raised once again, now at 7, one per each of the 5 races, and 2 extar, for each game mode. This is the first race I've coded while the game is live, so excuse any hickups while it takes its baby steps. I hope you enjoy!

n8: good evening folks! I hope you are all enjoying your time on cosmic rage, and if you're not, perhaps this new activity will help cheer you up! I bring you... archaeology! Times gone by have always been a facinating subject, whisking away the thoughts of many a theorist as to how we, the humans, evolved from primitive apes to the beins we are today. Archaeology provides a small window into the past, and allows us to study the bones of beings long gone by. Have you got the patients to reach back and wind back the sand of time? In this activity it is your job to take some digging solution and a drone to dig up bones of not just humans, but ryuchi and dragons as well, and annalyse them to seee what you can find. You must clean the bones for better results, eventually ending up at the research center where you can drop off your load and get a reward! I hope you enjoy, as this activity does have some rather humourous lines in it. Enjoy!

n8: hello folks. I have added a few things to the multi-line input fields to make them even sexier. 1. @save now saves your progress, rather than saving and exiting the prompt, this is great if your vip demo is about to run out mid email, you can type @save, @abort, @quit, go do what you gotta do, and come back later. 2. @restore. The @restore command will now  take what ever it is you have saved, and append it to the end of what ever it is you are currently writing. 3. @saved. This tells you what you have saved  4. @view, this shows you what @list shows you, just without the numbers. Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy, and look forward to seeing you on the game soon!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-02-23 11:22:19

the new race sounds cool!  I'll need to update the audiogames.net db entry to reflect them I think.

I need to get back to cosmic rage now I've installed vipmud on this machine, it's just sorting out my ship will be a pest big_smile.
I also wonder if any thought has gone into plans for lower level crafts. the crafts themselves are cool, but it's a shame you can't bennifit from them since in a universe of high tech mass produced goods I would've thought hand made items would be quite valuable.

it'd be great if say for example the cy-larken were looking for such items and would reward you for bringing them.
Either with points or cash, or better still with say a trade currency for some specific larken high tech devices and special bonuses.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-24 18:31:59

if i were to play this on mush client what would i need? also how well does it work with NVDA?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-02-24 18:33:02

you'd need the mushreader plugin for automatic reading with screen readers, and the plugin that the mush z client for alter uses for output generation. Also, there is no mush soundpack.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-02-24 19:06:25

the game doesn't have a soundpack for it?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-02-26 04:47:44

hello folks
First, no, the game does not currently have a mush pack, something that annoys me greatly.

n8: hello folks! I have just introduced some much needed changes to harvesting. 1. Balancing. The number of cargo bays now affects certain conditions about your ship as show in the table below: 1 cargo bay: you must turn off evasive mode while harvesting. Two cargo bays: your shields must be offline, giving drones ample room to move. 3 cargo bays,,, your cloak must be offline, so the ship is not wasting power. 5 or more cargo bays, heavier, warship-type ships will enter the field, rather than the easy scavenger ships. 2. Boring! Instead of you just typing harvest and sitting there, there is now a random chance during harvesting that your cargo bay may take damage. It is very rarely this will happen, but it can have some negative effects when it does, see shelp cargo damage. 3. Cash! I have increased the cash payout for minerals by a notch or 10, so we'll see how that goes. I hope you enjoy!
n8: are you angry? Do you disagree with something, or have been ripped off by a bug? Is a system getting on your nerves, and you're just sick and tired of it? Do you often rant on ooc, and get told to report and suggest rather than b*tching? Not to worry! I have just introduced the @gripe command. This command is *not* a report or suggest command. This command is for when you're at your wits end. You've just about had enough, and you want to have a right moan off at the hosts about something or someone. No consiquences will occur from opinions expressed in gripes, but we advise you stick by the policies, particularly maturity as they still are enforced through gripes. To submit a gripe, view a gripe, and for hosts to remove a gripe, type @gripe. Anyone can view submitted gripes. WE hope that this will ease peoples ooc rants, and make cosmic rage a happier place.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-02-26 08:58:48

hey there Nathan
I haven't check the reward of the harvesting yet, but could you increes the points too? , I a little bit feel frustated because of I spend hours and hours harvesting, but got a really small points reward.
and yeah, mission need to be more  reward balance too, I don't really care about cash these days, though. big_smile
oh yeah, did you change the amount of points if you destroyed an interseptor droid? , it was 17mil per destroy, but now it is 5000 points, or something like that...

2017-02-26 14:49:33

Again I was trying to get into asteroid harvesting when my ship went poof, mostly I think because I wasn't sure which ship I should use, though knowing what ship has what weapons will probably help I think.

I like the idea of the gripe command too, and I will confess there are times I would've wanted to use that in the past big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-27 16:54:13

hello.
i want to mention diffrent
enemy ship payments
i' spending much time for killing enemys but i'M not getting more the n 23000 points per heavy cruiser.
that enemy ship rewards are very very bad.
i start to think that, why hosts dont like missions?
1 or 2 weeks ago, mpayments are incrised greatly. but, 1 week ago, um, they are fucked up, why, can i ask this, i love this game, and i want to do missions but with that sucing rewards, i cant do missions
please do something about that
thanks and have a nice day

2017-02-28 05:03:09

[announcement] from SDF Five-Star General Kayla Maryanne: hello folks! After hopefully, a not to long wait, I am proud to bring you the expansion of harmonia. As you may remember, harmonia used to be the shopping planet, with that huge, rather unwieldy plaza on it. The top floor alone was something like 15 or 16 rooms long, and it was getting rediculous. I have done some reforms and what not, and now bring you the following changes: 1. ADdition of a shopping village. There is now, on the southwest landing strip, a shopping villgae, made up of many paths and squares, this village pretty much replaces the top floor of the shopping plaza and allows for greater expansion in the future for places to put shops! 2. ADdition of a harmonian village, showing where the natives live. 3. made the shopping plaza top floor shorter. 4. added a train! 5. added a beauty shopping center, where: 5.a, humans can get their hair cut. 5.b humans can get their hair color changed. 5.c, humans can get their nails painted. 5.d you can get tattoos. 5.e, you can get your ear pierced. 6. addition of an armour tower, that sells level 500 armour for higher damage protection. 7. addition of a military uniform. 8. addition of a starship store. And probably much, much more! I'm super tired, so may have missed some really cool features of the planet, though I do remember that more activity areas have been added. A huge thanks to faylyn, who followed me about, chec
king my descs and giving me her opinion. Faylyn also built the armour tower, so thanks for that! Finally, in about 5 minutes, everyones hair length is going to be set to shoulder length. This is because of the following: I bring you... Hair growth! Many of you have wanted this, and I can only supply. How it works: 1. Your hair is going to start at shoulder length. 2. every 10 days it will grow. 3. The longest it can get is floor-length, 5. you can cut it at the beauty salon on the shopping plaza. 6. If you set it to bald, your hair just will not grow, at all. Obviously this only affects humans. I really, really hope you enjoy these seriously awesome changes!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-03-01 10:05:52

wo im seriously agree with omer here, please put back the old payment, I really enjoy killing those interseptor droid and got around 15 mil points. now it is just 20000 points  for your freakin hard work sad

2017-03-02 01:29:56

[announcement] from Host Ogden Black scale: Hullo players! March is not the only thing that is new today. Introducing... Tents! Able to be erected in any outside area and very customizable, these should make camping much more enjoyable for those of you who like that kind of thing. They are redescribable, both inside and outside, and they can even be linked to other tents in the area! You can purchase them on Callie's Camping Supplies on Harmonia, and you can read more about them in "help tents". This is my first change here that doesn't involve just fixing and revamping other systems, so I won't be surprised if I get flooded with reports. Me and my hypothetical but very trustworthy slipper will be here to squash any bugs you people find. Or at least, we will try to. Have fun, and thank you for playing Cosmic Rage!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-03-12 02:05:15

Does anyone have any good tips for doing star studies. I am a bit worry that I will not get my right course set and warp engaged before the star pulls me in. From what I understand, by reading the help files, time is short for getting things right. Then again, I have not done missions either. Yes, I blone up a few ships and got blueprints from them, but I might find it intereing to lead a mission or two. I got to where I am at by blow up lots and lots of planetoids. Of course, dragging my factory through a field put an end to that for awhile. As a side note, I should beable to make metal pannels for those who wish to build their own factory without killing lots of mobs on those planetoids.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-03-12 16:55:45

@cw, missions are not too bad, or at least not the ones I've seen, basically go to an area of space and blow up some ships.
thus far how well I've done at combat has depended entirely on whether enemies can see through my cloak or not, indeed it is sort of ironic that for this reason the only decent ship I've found at combat thus far is the asteroid hauler.

2017-03-12 20:56:50

Hello.
I downloaded a soundpack for vipmud and I can not use it.
I have the demo of vipmud 2.
Thanks.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-03-14 18:38:05

eOkay I confess I'm getting a little fedup with cosmic rage at the moment, indeed that is one reason I'm playing less.

The two activities that I'm trying currently are asteroid harvesting and meteor chasing, however they're getting extremely! boring.

first, I go into uncharted space (a journey which takes at least 10 minutes just to get out there), and there are no! sodding! asteroids! whichever sector I try, lots of planetoids, plenty of nebula fields, but asteroid fields? none at all!

I have tried different directions, nnorth and east from sectors, but not one asteroid in sight.

then, meteor chasing.

I first thought I'd done something wrong because I was seeing no meteors, however it turned out I don'#t just needx the meteor chasing upgrade and the meteor scanning module installed on my ship, but also a meteor scan ner to wear.
Okay, I buy one. however the scanner will only tell me where meteor storms are when I'm outside a sector, by which time of course it will take me a good twenty minutes to get back to a place where I can rift to another sector, by which point the storm has gone.

I'm thus at the moment spending lots of time basically twiddling my thumbs waiting to find some bloody asteroids and not finding any! and frankly this is discouraging me from playing since I just feel I'm not making any progress here.

Edit: Okay oh great! found a sodding asteroid field and for the second time, when I decloak to haul an asteroid I get shot at and my defensive armour gets literally blown to hell in seconds! this time at least I didn't lose the hauler, however now it means a half hour flight back to a beacon, then god knows how long finding more asteroids, only for the same thing to probably happen again.
I confess II'm getting rather fedup with cosmic rage at this point, it seems I can't actually do any different activities at all.
It's not the cash cost, it is the amount of time with zero progress and then boom!

I get asteroid hauling or harvesting is supposed to be risky, but t to take literally hours! finding! the sodding asteroid fields, only one ship that can even go in there because of the cloak, and no way to actually survive once I'm there is just plane annoying!

I would suggest firstly, combat in asteroid fields actually be made possible, I don't know whether  this would be by making the fighters less powerful or more spread out, or hell just having them possible to target.
I would then really! suggest more sodding asteroids!

2017-03-14 19:49:04

I really should get back to this game, since I loved it, and just went onto other things for a little while. My char was a Silarchin, but I think I'll change or reset it, since the new race sounds really cool!I wasn't that high level anyway. Do you guys meaning the cosmic rage team have a twitter account?

Audio game king

2017-03-15 21:46:21

As for asteroids dark, you need to take care of a few things first. install blades and make them as long as you can. install the defensive armor upgrade to as high as you can. Do the same for your shields. Also, boost your weapon range to as high as you can plus you should throw in any weapons you can. Also, the fewer cargo bays you have the better. You see, the more cargo bays you have, the worse the ship attacks will be. I, myself, have found that hauling asteroids are not really worthwhile, but mining them can be. You really should be running in to less trouble with asteroids than planetoids, but that does not always happen, I guess. As for planetoids, I enjoy blowing them up myself for the simple reason of getting the points and the bricks. If you are going into mining, I have found that planetoids are worth more seeing that they have more to offer. That of in itself is another reason I really do not worry about asteroids. Of course, I have gotten into the habit of launching all of my mining drones on to a planetoid and leaving. I figure that within a few mins, I will have a lot more than I would have if I just sat there and used my ship to do the mining. As for the meteors, I have not really bothered. Just does not really seem worthwhile to me. You do got warp installed on your ship? As for blades themselves, you are talking about useful. All you do there is extend them and then you fly by any ship you wish to destroy at warp speed and watch the fun happen. Now warp, I have my warp skill maxed out. It takes me just a little over 7 mins from the planet in sector 5 to get to my factory at max warp and my factory is out in uninhabited space.

DropBox Referral

2017-03-16 00:14:23

I can't use blades yet, and anyway I have no idea where to get blades. If you need all these high level combat upgrades that you can't have, why are activities like asteroid hauling and mining recommended at lower levels anyway? hell, why is the only ship with survival value ie the only one with a cloak the asteroid hauler which only has two practically usable weapons?

This is aside from the fact that the asteroid fields aren't showing up in the first place meaning as I said I'm basically spending hours flying around with nothing to do, then getting the hell blown out of me in five minutes when I do! find an asteroid field.

I've really enjoyed cosmic rage up to now, but this state is very much putting me off the game since basically it seems that to do anything in space with survival value you need upgrades at much higher levels, which means another fifty or a hundred levels worth of passenger runs and building material deliveries.

2017-03-16 01:27:58

I know that when I hauled asteroids for the first time, it was roughly a month or two after the game went live. It was not a big deal at the time. My biggest guess was that they up the difficulty some sense then. I used to be able to enter a planetoid field and not have to worry about being shot at. Now days, I am shot at every time I entered. See if you can get your sensor range upgraded. Getting your shields and defensive armor upgraded as far as you can may also be useful, but get some combat drones seeing that they are clearly a must now. I totally forgot that the asteroid hauler has a drone bay. I suggest you use it. That should help out a bunch until you can get the better upgrades. You should launch the drones as soon as you enter the field sense you are getting shot at. You should also adjust the autostop thing so that it only stops for asteroid fields. That should help keep you out of unwanted fields. Trust me, there is some fields that you do not want to enter without heat shields. Anyway, get some combat drones as soon as you can. I do not know how much they will help, but they are about the best weapon the hauler has as far as I recall.

DropBox Referral

2017-03-16 01:46:43

I have the autostop set for fields since I already lost about five haulers through hitting nebula fields by mistake.
I'll try combat drones though last time I checked they were pretty useless, indeed even with the cloak, last asteroid field I was in I target an of the enemy ships since I was told they were too far away whejn I tried ec, thoug I suppose a direct scan might have worked.

Really though how come there is only one ship with a cloak? heck the help file suggests a frigate for harvesting but when I tried a frigate I died in seconds due to not having a cloak. and come most ships don't have weapons anyway? hell I have weaponry skill max for my level at 4.5 but none of the ships I've seen have any weapons anyway other than beam cannons and lasers ---- oh and misisles in the secondary control room which means I can't use them anyway.

methinks there really! needs to be some balance here, especially in terms of what activities are recommended when and what ships are available, not to mention the necessity of the cloak.

I also don't like the fact that basically if I do get a ship destroyed I have to spend bloody ages running around buying a bunch of upgrades from a hole lot of different shops just to try something again!

And of course all this assumes I can find! an asteroid in the first place since hell there seem barely any of the things out there!

Edit: okay meteor chasing is also a big fat bust as I thought since by the time I've jumped to whatever sector and travelled to uncharted the dam storm has passed, or at least there have never been any storms there when I've checked. Again, probably better by the time I can use more warp skill, in which case why the hell is it recommended at level 110?

I confess the game is getting very frustrating around now!