2017-03-14 18:41:03 (edited by ns-studios 2017-03-15 14:19:55)

Hi all,

I have just released my new sound library, called Ultra sound collection.
It contains over 3000 high quality audio files, totaling over 7 hours of regular, foley, and synthetic sounds, music/stingers, loops, etc.

Here's the promo which uses just the content from the library:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wCJJ4vE2ro

You can find more info at

http://www.nsstudiosweb.com/usc.php

Kind regards,
Nikola Stojsic (NS studios)

2017-03-14 21:36:27

Amasing. Sounds good.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2017-03-14 22:50:56

$70, ouch! that's really expensive.

2017-03-15 01:24:40

$70, mutch money...
I maybe trying to earn soomutch but well anyway.

73 Wj3u

2017-03-15 08:48:33

Hi.
Sounds great. But, maybe it's just me, but I don't think many of the sounds are played in the demo. It's more like trying to explain how great the sound pack is than showing the actual sounds.
I've bought the previous sound library, and I'm not going to pay 70 dollars for the new pack.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-15 11:19:39

SLJ what is your experience with the previous sound pack?

also you guys, 70 USD for a sound pack is ... incredibly cheap. Come back to me with the 400 dollar packs and tell me something. Or the +1000 dollar sound packs.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-03-15 11:44:39

$70 is really nothing compared to some of the packs you can get from Sound Ideas and such. Those can get pretty pricy.

2017-03-15 14:43:11 (edited by ns-studios 2017-03-15 15:49:39)

I should've probably mentioned that this time, unlike with my previous library, all audio files have been completely edited, there are no unwanted noises that you would need to trim on your own, etc.
It's been made ready to be used in your next project, and that's why I offer downloading multiple audio formats (wave, flac, mp3 and ogg), so that you could easily use whichever audio format depending on the project.

The demos would take way too long if I made them preview every single sound.

This new library also has been recorded with the much better audio gear, and as I said unlike the previous one has underwent the post-processing.

I have invested considerable amount of money, time (4 years), and effort in making this library.
I am not trying to get rich from this...
You would need to search hard in order to find as versatile sound library that's under 100 dollars

I will have the discounts off and on at random times, so if you would like to get the lib but can't afford, you may wanna check every now and then to see if there's a discount.
I am also willing to sell just the sound groups, and not the whole library; if you are interested, contact me using one of the ways listed
here

Kind regards,

2017-03-15 14:44:37

yeah, he's actually giving you quite a bargain, even if the sounds aren't up to hollywood edge or sound ideas standards; that's where your imagination truly comes in and will set you apart as a sound designer.  Skimming quickly through the last library was interesting because there was some background noise in some of the sounds I just, didn't care for, but realized that it was an honest atempt at something greater and, more importantly, made without all of the state of the art equipment and dollars poured into the pockets of people like Jack Foley, Ben Burtt, and Gary Rydstrom.  If you can come up with something better for that price or less, please show it to us.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-03-15 14:46:15

Ah!  There ya go, back to post 8, peeps, he just answered many of my questions... I should have waited to post.  lol

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-03-15 19:22:00

Hi guys,

Just gonna post my two sense here. I've heard a lot of these sounds and they're nothing even close to the old  sound pack. They're at least 10 times better and for $70? Man cheap. That's so cheap and for all the content you get?

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2017-03-15 19:39:55

I agree with others who say the price isn't bad at all. I purchased the original library when it was $10 and there were a lot of noises and other artifacts in most of the sounds that made them unusable without a lot of cleanup. I think the best thing about that library was the music. If this new library is miles better, I'll definitely be picking it up at some point. The $70 isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-03-15 22:28:00

Hi.
My experience with the previous soundpack is what others have said, unwanted noise and quite bad edited sounds if you compare this with a pro pack. At this time, the pack was sold on the concept that the sounds were ready to use without any extra editing. Or that's how I remember it but I might be wrong. One of my friends who also bought the soundpack is a pro sound editor, and he says the soundpack is close to useless, because he expected it to be pro. Please don't take this personal. He might have expected too much.
Then, all the filenames have numbers and are not, in my opinion organized that great. It makes it quite difficult to find the sound you need.
I'm glad to hear that we can buy categories of the soundpack. However, it would be awesome if you could make a 10 minute demo of sounds from the soundpack, so people can get a better idea before purchasing.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-03-15 23:49:14

if I could purchase it on cd it would be great ... else nope. My internet data would costmore to download them than it would cost for the sound pack alone big_smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-03-15 23:54:33 (edited by ns-studios 2017-03-16 00:05:28)

I will make the demo of the content.
And no the previous sound pack (Starter sound pack)was not advertised as usable without any editing, in fact, in the “about.txt” file that you get in the folder 00 when you buy it, it clearly says:

line 14 wrote:

Note: I didn't cut most of the recorded sounds, so you might have to strip out unwanted things yourself.

I do not take offense to anybody calling the previous sound library unprofessional, because it wasn't professional.
The difference between Ultra sound collection, and the starter sound pack is that the Ultra sound collection was aproached in a different way. Starter sound pack was not even originally made for the public, but rather for myself. Whenever I would have some free time, I would record the sounds. I had no or little knowledge how to record sounds properly, and mainly used the only one recorder I had at the time, etc. Needless to say it was an amateur attempt/aproach/project. It was only after all the sounds were recorded, and were sitting for a while on my hard drive that I thought that other people could use the sounds as well.
When I decided to make Ultra sound collection, I have had already improved both with the editing and recording part, and have already had better gear.
This time I was also making it for myself, and for other people, but this time I had standards in mind, and any sound that didn't meet my standard wasn't included.
So the difference is aproach, gear, and there's also a thing called getting better over time; ssp was released in 2013 or 2012 (I can't quite remember), so it's been 4/5 years since and a lot has changed.
As for the sounds being unlabeled in SSP, they are both labeled and metadata tagged in USC.

When it comes to the library being shipped, I am unable to do that because of the shipping fees, and I have heard that it is unrelyable, e.g., that parcels tend to get lost.
I am quite sure you would be able to download the mp3 version which is only about 760 mb in size...

Kind regards,

2017-03-16 07:59:01 (edited by Brynify 2017-03-16 07:59:26)

Yo yo yo.

So I've taken it upon myself to record y'all a not 10 but 20 minute! Demo of the USC Sound Library. Note that I do not go through every single sound but informally go through some of the neat and unique sounds this library has to offer.

Check it out: http://darkflier.com/USCDemo.mp3

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2017-03-16 08:55:25

Hi.
Thanks for the reply in post 15. It makes great sense.
Thanks so much to Mason for making the demo. Big thumps up for that. I haven't heard it all yet, but the soundpack is much, much better for sure. It will seriously bee considered when I have the money for the soundpack, or I might end up buying the categories I need depending on what projects I'm working on. Then I might buy more and more categories as I need them, I'm not sure yet.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-03-16 14:16:30

At any rate, one should never work with one sound library alone if he or she is engaging in massive projects.  Sound libraries can quickly become stock sound libraries, meaning your sounds are easily recognized by one and all... I can't tell you how many games I've played already where I'm just annoyed because nothing new soundwise comes forward.  Creativity seems to have just, gone right out the window and everything is recycled for the sake of ease.  You want to make it big?  Take a whale and turn it into a dinosaur!

2017-03-16 15:22:26

Nikola,
I am very impressed by Mason's promo of your sound pack.
I have been looking for something like this for 20 years when I started developing games for the blind.
At first I purchased sound effect CD's but I only got about 100 sounds for $20.
On-line companies that produced sound effects sold sounds but their CD's cost hundreds of dollars.
So I began to make my own sound effects, but just keeping the sound clean with no background sounds was difficult.
I had to go down in my basement and wait for the furnace or water heater to stop.
For my Harry Potter game I needed the sound of jems dropping in hour glasses.
I dropped hard candy in a class fruit bowl.
This took me almost an hour.
I am amazed you have the time and energy to create so many sound effects.
Now I know where to go to get some amazing sounds.

2017-03-17 09:18:19

Thank you Phil for your kind words; I got into sound editing/designing because I needed sounds for my own projects that I couldn't find in other libraries, or even if I did find, they were too expensive.
So I have created all my libraries with the audio games, audio dramas, projects in general, in mind.
As I said, USC was made in such a way that it is really easy to integrate its content in a game or any project.
I converted the library to 4 different formats, you can download all of them for only 70 dollars, and use them depending on your project. Does your game use ogg vorbis files? No problem. Do you need the highest possible quality for using the synthetic samples in your new track, there is the wave and flac version, etc.
Need a loop in your project, no problem, just copy and paste one of the loops, it automatically loops, even the mp3 version does, and mp3's are known to have issues with looping.
As I was working on the Ultra sound collection, I was using its files in the games I have been working on, so you could've heard some sounds from USC in games like Ultra power, Scrolling battles pro, Alex Macintosh vs Microsoft sam audio game, my Aliens attack mini audio drama, etc.

Kind regards,

2017-03-17 20:09:26

Wellz, I don't have 70 bucks right now, and I probably won't have 70 bucks for awhile, but I'll be buying it when I do finally end up with 70 bucks.  Perhaps I'll never design a thing because wife and kids and moderation duties and gaming on the side when I don't really have time but try to pretend I do, but I do love me a good sound collection.

2017-04-14 19:10:31

Hi,

I have some great news for you all.
I have discounted the Ultra sound collection sound and production library for a limited time by 30% (only 49 dollars now).
Remember, this is your chance to get 3011 royalty-free, high quality, regular, foley, and synthetic sounds, intro/stinger/logo, loop, ringtone... music, totaling over 7 hours of playback, for only 49 dollars.
You can find the preview for each and every sound group on the page below, as well as the longer demo of the most of the content from the library done for me by Mason Armstrong under the section “what others say”.

Kind regards,

2017-04-16 15:26:27

Happy Easter!
To celebrate the Easter, Ultra Sound Collection has been made even cheaper!
Get it for only 33.00 USD while its on the Easter discount!

Kind regards,

2017-04-16 21:08:51

I just picked this up for $33. I'm looking forward to checking this out.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.