2017-03-14 22:23:04 (edited by pauliyobo 2017-03-14 23:02:07)

hi i am paul. i am from Italy.
some people know me as jotes.
i have a question.
i have a idea for creating a game but i don't know if i should use bgt or pyton.
I wouldlike to make an audiogame. So
what i should use?
BGT or Python?
Regards

Paul

2017-03-15 07:07:56

This is a common question, but also an irrelevant one. All languages have their strengths and weaknesses, they also share certain similarities so the more you learn with one language the easier it gets to learn another. Both BGT and Python are good places to start, but whats really important is which one you feel most comfortable with.

For reference, you can get BGT [here], and Python from [here].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-03-15 07:44:55

yes, i need a language with much strength with audio games.

Paul

2017-03-15 10:20:15

Hi,
yeah, it might matter alot, but we can't help you with so few information. The point where it is important which language to use starts when you know what kind of game it should be and how calculation-intensive the processes will be. E.g. i'm currently working on some turn-based strategy game and just tried implementing some quite intelligent AI, which needs to calculate over faculty 80 turns each time it moves, which takes nearly forever in BGT, but runs like Florence Joyner in C and, if multi-threaded, and a bit optimized, even in Python.
Even if this might be a bit too much for you now, but the choice of language highly depends on the aim you're facing. For example, if you're just developing some "simple" side scrolling game or platformer or FPS, BGT will be your choice here, because it's much simpler for beginners to build your game straight from the scratch. If you aren't a beginner anymore or want to develope something more intelligent, something which needs to perform much more tasks so that it could possibly slow down the user while playing, consider using another language. At least it's of course like #2 said, it doesn't help if the language is fast and cool and straight-forward, if you aren't comfortable with the language and you don't think that your code is nice. So, just try out own your own.
Best Regards,
Hijacker

2017-03-15 13:12:30

my idea is making a game ambiented in the future.
the game you will impersonate a human. In the hearth there are kron (aliens) and they hold an artifact. This artifact donate more more abilities.
so i think i should make it with BGT.
but will not a sidescroller.  i am planning to make it 3d. so it will be fun.
yes, i have  to think at the objects and at the classes but i think that i will develope it one day.

Paul

2017-03-15 14:09:31

Yep, that's what BGT fits best. Try your best and maybe we'll have some cool new game some day.