2017-03-11 06:08:55 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-11 06:26:49)

Greetings!

Right now I am searching for n audio pinball-game, preferably with active player-concurrency, and if possible, with an at least top 10 online high-score table.
I like competing with real, alive people, instead only with my own best scores...after some time it becomes quite boring You know!

The only audio-pinball games I managed to find in the game database were those from Draconis Entertainment, namely ESP Pinball Classic and Extreme, along with its update PBX Pinball Party-Pack.
I did notice, that those are pretty old games, (published in the period between 2001 and 2006), so I wonder if they are still active at all, or have already become outdated and obsolete?

When I tried to buy them with Paypal, (normally on the Draconis home-page), by clicking the "buy" button, both in case of Pinball Classic and Extreme, an error message appeared, saying: "Things don't appear to work at the moment, please try again later!".

Since this keeps happening for 2 days already, I wonder if it could be a site-related issue, like maintainance for example, or both pinball games got outdated by now...maybe along with the whole Draconis group and website even???

Asking this because even my email written and sent to them couldn't be delivered, and got thrown back to me!
(meaning the "failed-delivery notification about the email I wrote to: [email protected] address)

If someone possesses up-to-date informations regarding Draconis and their pinball games, please share them with me here!

I would also welcome suggestions of other audio-based pinball games, since as I mentioned, I failed to find any, not even when searching in game-descriptions for the "pinball" keyword!

Caccio
from Hungary

2017-03-11 06:41:42 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-11 07:11:59)

In addition:
Currently I cannot try to purchase the game inside its demo, since I already downloaded and tried it out over a month ago, so the 15-days free-trial time has expired, and I am not let to enter the game anymore. (at least until I buy  and register it)

Oh, and btw, downloading the game-demos from the Draconis home-page is still allowed, I just checked that out.

2017-03-11 07:00:56

You're emailing the wrong email address, it's draconisentertainment.com instead of espsoftworks.com. Esp softworks *James North* is inactive, but Draconis is very much still around. Even though these pinball games are old by now, they're still very much worth playing.

2017-03-11 20:42:54

jack wrote:

You're emailing the wrong email address, it's draconisentertainment.com instead of espsoftworks.com. Esp softworks *James North* is inactive, but Draconis is very much still around. Even though these pinball games are old by now, they're still very much worth playing.

Nope, that is not the right one either, but at least it reached its destination, and I got a (probably automated) reply from Draconis, saying that this email address is out of date, and directing me to their helpdesk page instead.
Normally I visited it right away, found a "send new ticket" option there, and reported them my issue that way.

I do hope I will finally receive a reply to it soon!

2017-03-11 21:19:50

I agree with jack, the esp pinball games are great even though they don't have online score lists. They did used to but I'm not sure what happened to them unfortunately.

I'd however still strongly recommend all the gamesjust on merit alone, the minigames, the sounds, the style they wrok really well.
Sadly the demo tables don't give much an idea, indeed I do hope you get draconis since it'd be a shame if these games weren't available anymore.

As to other pinball games, there is the blindfold pinball on ios which is fun, though imho not quite as good in terms of table interactivity, although the haptic controls on ios are probably closer to the way an actual table works.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-12 02:21:41 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-12 23:05:47)

Dark wrote:

I agree with jack, the esp pinball games are great even though they don't have online score lists. They did used to but I'm not sure what happened to them unfortunately.

I'd however still strongly recommend all the gamesjust on merit alone, the minigames, the sounds, the style they wrok really well.
Sadly the demo tables don't give much an idea, indeed I do hope you get draconis since it'd be a shame if these games weren't available anymore.

As to other pinball games, there is the blindfold pinball on ios which is fun, though imho not quite as good in terms of table interactivity, although the haptic controls on ios are probably closer to the way an actual table works.

Well thanks for your suggestions and opinion, , but I don't have, never had, nor plan to have an IOS-platform device, desktop computers have always fullfilled all my expectations.
As for Draconis pinballs, the fact of no more online high-score lists disappoints me quite much, since as I mentioned in my initial post, an alive, online concurrency and competition of other players, meaning real people, is of primary importance to me.

Btw, onlime high-score table doesn't work in Entombed game anymore either, realizing that also spoiled my day...

Say, can someone of You guys recommend ANY popular enough audio-game AT ALL, with a numerous, active player-base, (concurrency), not necessarily with PvP, but by all means an active online human-competition, with the best player-results recorded and stored on some form of high-score list or board???

I am trying to find such games myself too of course, an presume I am supposed to primarily concentrate on newer games while searching, unfortunately however, there is no release-date search-filter available on this website, (maybe I should propose, or request one to be added), so I am having quite a hard time with this search!

2017-03-13 20:01:58 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-14 16:13:30)

Well, I actually did figure out, how to search games by their release date, and also got to the conclusion, that the most popular, active competition obviously takes place on the Origo online scoreboardnowadays, so I downloaded and tried out the most of Origo-Gomez games.
Luckily I found 2 of them, which I like enough to start competing with others on the game-scoreboard, namely Death on the road, and Insect therapy.
I also "discovered" 3 other interesting games with active-enough online-competition, Screaming strike, Rocky's space invaders, and Magic blocks, so that I have "satisfied" my "competing-desire" for now, LOL!

It's just that I still got no reply from Draconis regarding their pinballs, one of which I (after all) do intend, but am unable to buy...

While at it, can someone please tell me, if there is a high-score list in those pinballs at least for my own best results, or the game remembers only the very highest one, meaning my "record"?

Edit:
In case I won't receive a reply from Draconis soon, I decided to buy the game called Lords of the galaxy, after all, I always wished for a futuristic, space-based monopoly-type game, LOL!