2017-02-05 18:27:22

Hi.
This is aimed at those who play NHL 2004 under windows together with jaws.
I am wondering if this is accessible under windows 10 too? Because one of the basic requironments was that you had to have internet explorer 7 installed which doesnt work under windows 10 anymore, and I dont know how well this game will work with a virtual machine and all the lag coming of off it.
So, is there a way to play this game under windows 10 again, I want to get back into it.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-02-05 19:03:27

It starts up under Win 10.

Also, I've tested the NHL 2004 rebuilt mod and NHL 96/97 rebuilt mod (GO RED WINGS!),  it works with both new interfaces.

Both those mods rebuild the game to be more accurate and it's all free. Give it a whirl. Both are accessible, and IIRC you don't need IE7 with the mods at all and the rebuilt interfaces.

TL:DR Yes it works in W10 out of the box with patches, and even with the NHL Rebuilt mods too.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-02-05 20:29:42

Hi.
Wow, I didnt think that anz other than seb plazs the game.
I thought you would need IE7 for this to work propperly.
how long have you been playing this game actually?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-02-05 20:59:13

It'll work but I haven't tested it. I think with other versions than IE8 the jaws cursor just doesn't read the game properly

2017-02-05 21:07:50

@SImba: I've been playing it since the NHL 2004 Rebuilt mod came out in about 5 years ago, it's pretty good. On my WIn7 PC I had IE9 on it and it worked fine with screen readers but I have a tweak for Win 10.

IIRC the NHL Rebuilt and 96/96 mods are far more accessible interface wise as far as menus go. The downside is you can't do franchise mode.

On that related notes....are any other EA Sports titles accessible by the way?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-02-05 21:20:56

Hi.
At draco, I think there are no other accessible titles from EA Sports that are accessible on PC, for my old PS2 I had fight night round 3 which was accessible, I think the others are accessible to.
I tested NBA live 2010 on the PSP to, also is accessible when you find out what you have to do and how to call out plays and the like, which I dont have at the moment xd.
Can i still use the new 2017 mods even though I cant install IE7? Because I also want to play with the new DEL and NHL teams for example.
I installed the game just some minutes ago, and without patches or anything else, it's throwing up a script error after the EA intro plays, is that normal?
Greetings moritz.

2017-02-05 21:29:52

Hi.
Oh, forgot that one, NBA jam on the wii is also accessible, not sure if it is the same for the ps3 and xBox versions of the game.
Greetings moritz.

2017-02-06 00:29:49

If you do not install the mod, it will crash. The original nhl 2004 is definitely not compatible with windows 10. Basically you need the mod to play

2017-02-06 11:26:52

Hi.
Ah ok, had this slight thought crawling around in my head, but I thought this might still work in the basic edition.
I will get the mod hopefully still today, I hope they updated also the del teams.
Greetings moritz.

2017-02-06 16:11:50

Hi.
Now, after installing the interface, the game instandly crashes, and the launcher popps out an error when I want to launch the game saying.
Error, cant write config file.
I think it was draco who said it, there is a tweak for windows 10, did you mean the mod or what was that tweek you were talking about?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-02-09 19:06:16

Hi.
At seb and those who have an idea, I installed the mod including the interface, masks, faces, menu faces, cyber facer, PBP, and so on, but still, the game throws an error at me saying that the program has stopped workeing.
Any ideas on what is wrong there?
Greetings Moritz?

2017-03-12 21:50:49

@simba did you manage to get the game to work? I think I might have a solution

2017-03-12 21:54:57

Hi.
Urm, actually no, I didnt xD, I installed everything, but still, nothing.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-03-13 18:57:49

Ok it's easy. Right click on nhl 2004.exe, and check the box to run the program as administrator. set the compatibility mode to windows 7. Do the same with the file launcher.exe

2017-08-16 13:56:16

Hi,

My brother and I have been playing several games together recently. He has NHL 2004 original discs but we can't find any download links for the official patches. I'm aware there is a NHL Rebuilt for the 2004 game but we would just like to play the original version on an old XP computer.
Is there anyone here who could provide a link or pass on the last official patch? I think it was v1.04 from googling but even v1.03 would do, just looking to get some of the major bugs out before we play. I'm happy to PM my email if someone wishes to just email it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2017-08-16 16:03:29

Hi all. I really would love to play this game. Can someone please give me a link, I cannot find this game on steam and they probably don't sell it in store any more. Can someone please give me a link to download or purchased this game? I am not asking for a crack. This game is really old and I don't think Steve has it, my brother has checked and he has not seen anything.  And I am not going to purchase anything from Amazon or a game stop. Not because I don't like those two companies, but because it will take a lot of time to get the game. Does anyone know where to get a digital copy of the game, download or purchase, I don't mind. I probably won't be purchasing the game now anyway, but just want to know for future reference.  Off topic, for some reason, when I said steam, my iPhone's dictation mode thought I said Steve. L0L!  And now when I said L0L I did not say LOL so it didn't come out correctly. This is probably going to come teen a lot of spelling mistakes

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-08-16 16:41:31

If you need help with the game just PM me your skype. Do to not enough people being interested in the game, I gave up in writing a guide to play this. Such a shame, because this game is fully accessible and compatible with jaws with some minor issues that are easy to fix.

2017-08-16 16:51:11

Hi.
Yeah, I actually quite don't understand why there are just so fiew people wanting to play this, I havent played this in a while and I'd need to get back into it, but I have to say that it is quite the good game.
BTW, Sebbi, could we possibly skype in the future about those GTA things you wanted to talk with me about?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-16 17:02:34

@simba
Yeah just PM me your skype name. I lost you and I need a new account on skype. NHL 2004 is old, yes. But with the modding team this game is simply amazing, a lot better than any other NHL games on consoles when it comes to accessibility and gameplay. Sure, console versions are a lot better in terms of graphics, but what exactly does it change for most of us? Nothing. You need to know a bit about hockey to play it, that's for sure. But other than that, everything from selecting game modes, teams, making trades, changing game options, changing lines are accessible. I am just not going to write a guide so only 2 or 3 people can play this, but I'm willing to help whoever wants to try this on skype.

2017-08-16 18:08:22

Hi.
My skype name is
mority4
Greetings Moritz.

2017-12-29 14:00:52

Hello,

I have been unable to download any of the mod's parts. Is there a way to get them all in one archive or something?

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

2017-12-29 14:51:02

I'm afraid not.

2017-12-31 11:12:46

Hello,

I seem to be unable to register on the boards where the download links are, and guests cannot download most of the goodies there. Would someone have the download links or an alternative way to download all the content?
@seb2314, do you still offer help setting it all up?

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.