2017-03-11 16:58:39

Hi folks
I just wanted to find out how receptive people are too one or two game ideas I had, but was not sure whether to do.
Both of them are game packages.
package one: The Nathan Tech Sports Pack,
containing:
*cricket
*tennis
*rounders
*goalball
*perhaps others I have not come up with yet

2. The Pack I've not been able to come up with a name yet for, but am still thinking.
This pack would have no particular theme, but would contain such games as:
*memory train[cleshay, right?]
*shoot the target
*splat the rat!
*angry face[a game in which you can take out that inner anger on someones face!]
*and a few more ullltimately random, but too small on their own games, that I come up with.

If you like the sound of either of these packs, and have ideas for them, please let me know. Currently, I'm about 75 percent sure I'll do package 1, and a bit meh on package 2.
So do let me know what you would like to see!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-03-11 19:19:38

Hi nathen!
the packs are ausam and please add
guess the number and some type of temple run like thing in second one.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2017-03-11 19:24:56

I vote for package 1, mostly for the goalball game. Since I was an avid goalball player I wanted such a game for ages.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-03-12 00:35:54

Sports pack definitely... It'd be cool if you could add a football game, since the only one we have is the one Jim Kitchen (RIP) made. While the one from him is a great game, I wish it had more of a varity of plays you could do.
Just a thought, but definitely the sports pack. Hell, I'd pay money for it if you release it. lol

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-03-24 13:12:30

hello guys!
Just a quick status update for y'all,
I've started the development of both packs, with tennis half done in the sports pack

I'm looking for game suggestions to include in the random pack, so please please let me know.
@Thakur what is temple run?

thank ya very much!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-03-24 14:26:25

Hi Dardar.

Well sports aren't my thing as much, but certainly there are lots of sports fans out there who would find something like that fun, and more random games are always welcome.

One suggestion I do have for the random pack, and maybe even the spots pack as well, is some sort of unlocking or progressive score system with awards and such, eg, you play one game x amount of times or get a score you get an award, or to unlock extra games in the pack you need credits which can be earned by playing the other games, rather the way Oriol has done in Beatstar.

For me, it always makes smaller games and arcade type games much more interesting if we can have some sort of progressive award or experience to gain from playing them.

For suggestions, one thing I'd love to see is a boardgame with minigame challenges. So imagine your standard snakes and ladders type setup where you roll the dice to move along, but where if you land on a square you have to play a round of number guess, or a quick avoid the falling objects round, or a hunting deacout type survival game.

i recall back on the bbc micro there used to be an awesome little game called devils' kingdom. You were trying to escape the devil's kingdom and  make it home to England (well the last space on the board had a union jack and played rule britainia when you got there), but occasionally various of the devil's minians would turn up to challenge you.

these included lenny lightning, who would randomly throw lightning balts and if one happened to hit you you lost (a complete game of chance), donald the demon dice thrower who you had to roll higher than on two dice, benny's barbs in which you had to move left and right to dodge many spikes that came at you very quickly etc.

it was a wonderfully coll and very random little game, and made exceptional uses of things like guess the number.

While obviously we have crazy party with it's board mode, there isn't anything exactly like this, and yet programming wise it wouldn't be too hard, and would be a nice theme for a pack of smaller games to adopt.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-03-24 16:12:05

Hmmm.. For the sports package could basket be added? Its a game that I really enjoy.

2017-03-24 20:06:56

Hello.
I am votting for all games.
I really want goal ball because in real life I am a big goal ball player and for the random pack can you add a racing game?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-03-24 20:11:06

Oooh yes, accessible temple run!!!
That sounds sooo cool.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-03-24 21:19:53

Hello Dardar.
Sounds good I like the idea. I wouldn't pay money for an arcade pack like this but if it was free I'd take it. There was another suggestion I liked could you add now or sometime in the future basketball? That's my favorite sport and we don't have anything like that. I remember somebody was making one but then it was never finished.
So yes I would enjoy the sports pack. As for the other, I don't know but I'll definitely give it a try when it's ready.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-03-25 01:51:47

hello there, folks!
Ok first, WHAT IS TEMPLE RUN! lol

second, dark, those ideas are beyond awesome, and I can garantee they'll be getting in, every single one of them

thirdly, yes, I can put basketball into the sports pack, though this may delay things slightly, while I look up the rules and such.

Finally, I believe you might be refering to dark flier productions, who had a basic basketball game released. AS you may recall, nathan tech purchaed about 7 or 8 games from them when they closed temporarily a few months ago.
Basketball was amongst them.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-03-27 14:47:36

hello folks
find below a list of games I intend to include in version 1, further comments are appreciated:

*guess the number: I'm thinking of a number, I multiplied by 5...
*a snakes and ladders type game where there are several mini games[fishing, avoiding blades]
*avoiding blades: how quick can you dodge across the board as Bob, the master blade thrower tries to pin you to the wall!
*fishing: the traditional fishing game from boat simulator
*pirate shooting game: the traditional pirates shooting game from boat sim
*countdown: the answer is 150, your numbers are  3, 5, 10, 20, 75, and 100. How did I get to that number...
&*simple sidescroller: no storyline, no ending, just healing potions, some enemies, and  a big gun
*splat the rat: stupid rat... Get outa my kitchen. *splat*

Obviously, they are for the random pack.
I am also thinking of including the joysticker tester, which I never releaesd.
Thoughts would be appreciated!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-03-27 18:39:50

Hello.
These games are good in a pack.
Can you include a game like a life simulator?
I am looking for new packages of games.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-03-31 07:18:08

Oooh omg, yes a life sim would be totally awesome!!! I was going to say something else, but refraining from cursing.
Even if, it isn't in the pack, but as a separate game.
I'd soooooo buy that, if it was made well and worth the money.
Please pretty please?
With sugar on top?
That would just... yum!!!
I'm loving the idea all by itself.
Thanks!!!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-03-31 08:17:49

Hello nathan, i would choose to take all of those packs.
It would be so cool

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.