2017-03-08 18:36:48

Sam Tupy, Mason Armstrong, and Ns studios are ultrapower developers, but this users was shared to codes, and this code was abandonware, and desafio mortal team changed to much features, planes, trains, watchs, drinks, and more! i think open to desafio mortal topic, because ultrapower source is abandonware, and all users creating a ultrapower server and btb server. i think open the desafio mortal topic!

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-03-08 18:41:18

Tabutcu, even if a game becomes abandonware, it does not mean the game's code is open for people to use.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-03-08 21:27:22

Like I said, I'm going to leave that up to the other participants of that code now. I'm OK with whatever they choose and I'm not willing to choose for them.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2017-03-08 21:46:52

so if desafio mortal get's the goahead here, and is allowed to use the code in question I think they should be allowed a completely fresh thread. I think the origenal thread should be either removed or be allowed to be buried over time. I'm certainly not comfortable with the thaught of it being constanyly bumped up  on the first page of new releases, given the toxic posts contained within.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-03-08 21:50:28

I was thinking about that earlier, and like I said, I just wish I wasn't such an idiot and leaked the code. Seriously, if I wasn't so ridiculous about eh matter, this would have never happened. But nope, I had to zip that ultraCrapper source code to Wiam or whatever the hell his name is, and from there it went to Vad's hands, and then it just...flew all over the gaming community. Yeah, I released the code and said it was OK to do whatever you want with it, but you need to understand I did that out of frustration. A lot of stuff was going on with Colton and I and another individual. Not trying to post this because I want people to be sorry for me, but I just want to publicly set the story straight on how the source code even got leaked. It wasn't really Colton's fault because he told me not to give it out. But like always, I didn't listen. Hell, I wasn't even gonna log in to the main Ultrapower server. But sometimes I do things on impulse. As to the DM situation, my thing is this. I don't think its fair to Sam Tupy, me, Colton, NS, and Mason. Colton and I did plenty of work on BTB, which is what these people are using. So we work our asses off to have this really nice working game and some person changes it, and boom? Its his? No, sorry. You could say I have no room to talk, but I am using as much source code, which is quite a bit, as I can with out going to my bib folder when I'm coding Tk. I have another project in the works that's. even less relying on that code, and no, its not a shooter. That's another story for another day though. Now I'm just getting out of topic. Well that's it for now, I'll be back when I get this work done.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2017-03-08 22:00:48

open the desafio mortal topic, because this ggame is werry cool, and game is stolen by ultrapower source, but btb, btb was clone by ultrapower. i think esafio mortal is cool game.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-03-08 22:11:30

So you're saying, Dm is cool so who cares about other's work. Just open the topic because I want to play it and I only care about myself. Who cares how much work was stolen. As long as I get my game and the dev does a good job and keeps me pleased, who cares.

tabutcu wrote:

open the desafio mortal topic, because this ggame is werry cool, and game is stolen by ultrapower source, but btb, btb was clone by ultrapower. i think esafio mortal is cool game.

Ivan M. Soto.

2017-03-08 22:11:56

I'll consider it but for now, that server is still down so I don't see the point at the moment.

2017-03-08 23:01:45

The moderators are already discussing the nature of the rule. And I agree with Aprone here that one is needed and that we will always defend game developers against theft, no matter what. This topic is just about the UltraPower code.

I searched the forum, looking for many of the past posts on this issue by the moderators. I have been very careful to state clearly that permission is not granted, until further notice by Mason (and now other involved parties, by logical extension). If the involved coders are now giving notice, then I don't actually see a contradiction in allowing this one game. We would still defend against code theft, but allow this game exclusively, as an exception. But I'm fairly sure that when I wrote those words, I imagined--as I did in the first post of this thread--that the code would inevitably be opened up, not merely that one game would get permission. As I and Aprone have already said, it's pretty meaningless to make an exception for this one game, because we'd still have to check in for every new clone somehow (remember, Mason, that you only recently reappeared on this board--you might imagine how things would have turned out without you), and we already know that DM is based on UltraPower code. But of course, the decision ultimately lies with the authors of the code, and we will do all we reasonably can to keep that promise we originally made to Mason. That's fair, I think. Future developers will have our new "anti-theft" rule for cover, and I hope we'll be clear that developers bear responsibility for ensuring that their code is reasonably protected from disclosure and reporting any suspected breaches (with a suitably high bar for evidence). Then, God helping, this sort of nonsense doesn't ever occur again.

For now, absent any new information, I think we will have to defend the code. I think that's clear. If we can't get permission from all the people who wrote it, then we simply can't make any allowances. I think that will have to be the case until such time as everybody involved comes forward and categorically agrees to allow it. Since Mason says he isn't the only author of this code, DM will have to be regarded as a "clone" just like all the other games, and disallowed from the forum, until this happens. I just can't see any other way at the moment, but I'm open to suggestions.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-03-09 01:23:41

can we guys stop using acronyms for every game out there?
dm=Death match ...
I have never Heard of all these different things except btb, up, and tk

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-03-09 01:46:47

Hi.
Well so it is what it is.
Well blink thanks for responding on this thread to the reply from the initial thread and owning up for the initial leak.
This makes sence.
There is no excuse for what you did but I do share frustration as a user at times.
Being now part of sonnar and before that a player, somewhere in there a pirate myself I understand the angles and its not always easy to put them together.
Its a pity the authors of some of these games don't just ask the origional authors first.
Its a pity that the code and licence files are so wide spread though.
Still what's done is done now and there is no point crying over this.
You know mason especially with mtg, I was tempted to share some of those betas, I didn't but still I would understand why someone would.
When you crash and burn everything else burns with you.
Then it comes up then goes down, at the end we are unsure what to believe.
I always support people when they come up, I guess I am a sucker, or a bored bastard or both who knows.
I just want to see people succeed.
Sadly I see no real solution to ultrapower bar just dropping it completely.
Its so wide spread and as the guy that started this mess has owned up, well its the way it is.
Maybe the only thing you can do is have each developer licence the code for whatever and have a licence where each needs to be able to use the code with permition from all 3 devs or something or something like the gpl or one of its varients.
I agree its damn not ideal but it may just have to be that way to avoid another war on this forum.
Either that or each game that is made with the idea or whatever will have to be assessed, heck maybe up could be converted to a framework for a type of game.
Its not perfect, but its probably making the best of a situation that shouldn't have had to get this far in the first place.
We the community will be able to judge if something is an exact copy of another thing or not.
If it is, we will go against it, if it isn't then we will have to judge it on its merrits.
As long as there are official licences then it shouldn't matter who owns it as long as they get any credit and follow whatever terms are in those files.
Using the same code, hmmm but basing a game off something else is probably ok.
Sad but true.
We will have to do something about this eventually.
No that doesn't mean I will ever play the game discussed after all the crazyness that went on well.

2017-03-09 02:10:01

No, dm is not necesarily deathmatch anymore, because desafio mortal didn't get an english name. Sad but true, as well, but hopefully we can come up with another acronim.

2017-03-09 04:35:22

Actually, its kind of curious how you can translate desafio mortal as death match, or mortal match. Quite coinsidential I think!

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-03-09 12:58:39

Anyone can use any set of letters to mean whatever they are playing and carry it over to those they are discussing the subject with.  To me, AA means alter Aeon, TC used to mean torn city, and LOGD meant legend of the green dragon.  To you Tc might mean tank commander, and I suppose if someone came up with a game called Lords of the golden dome or some such you might use LOGD to refer to it in short hand, but it's rather silly to expect everyone to write out the entirety of the title when it's that lengthy.  In this topic, the subject has thus far been ultrapower cloning, and as desafio mortal falls under the umbrela of this topic, DM has become synonymous with it.  Next, you'll be asking us to moderate what acronym goes with each game, if any applies. :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-03-11 01:51:01

So, what's the deal with DM. Is it allowed or not, Mason.

Ivan M. Soto.

2017-03-11 02:13:04

Some people do not listen. I am not making that decission. Period.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2017-03-11 04:16:56

I think he was clear enough in that point

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-03-11 05:08:22

my thoughts on this.

masonian, sam and whoever else according to them was involved in the whole UP sourcecode creation, ought to probably sit down, and decide on its status once and for all.

masonian seems to be rather confused jumping from one stance to another,giving permission only to retract it later and so on.

As for DM, it seems such a waste to let all of that go down the drain just because the developers didn't think to credit the UP developers or take permission. So perhaps masonian along with his co-developers could grant it permission to use UP's code and allow it back on the forums again.
Because after all its not your run of the mil UP clone,at least from what I have read of it, so far.

Seems unlikely though, what with DM beeing a likely prospect to give STW compitition and last I heard STW was following some sort of Freemium.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter