2017-03-10 01:34:09

Hey everyone.
So this topic is talking about vibrato and music instruments. In particular, Guitars and Basses. How do you all go about vibrato? And I prefer the opera singing shreddy Eddie VanHalen vibrato. I was told that you could use your wrist of the fretting hand like a door knob. But I'm trying that and getting no ware right now. I know that extending and contracting your fingers on the fret board doesn't work too well and that's what I've been doing. Now you can also include keyboards and other things in this topic of vibrato. I want to make the BGT do Vibrato as well. And I want to make DecTalk do Vibrato also. And not the artificial stuff.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2017-03-10 04:46:28

No idea how you vibrato for strings.
For voice and wind instruments it's a matter of slight diaphragm tension, and also something which you need to get the right level of, just another matter of muscular control.

Btw, I know this isn't the same as what you meant but since you didn't specify stringed istruments I thought I'd answer anyway big_smile.

I confess I've never had any aptitude with anything with strings. I've tried playing guitars, but though I could understand the logic, the practical finger sensation was just not one I enjoyed, especially as compared to singing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)