2017-01-09 01:28:27

ok so i just got a bgt error.
Call stack size: 7

Function: void Partie::annonceTour()

Function: bool Partie::attenteNet()

Function: bool Partie::initialise()

Function: void Partie::run()

Function: void lanceNetplay(bool, bool = true, string = "", int = - 1)

Function: void lanceMenuServeur()

Function: void main()

i got it by clicking on connect to server, chose one of the servers, then pressed t, it chrashed.

2017-01-21 21:27:15

Hey guys, so I'm trying to do the battle mode. I keep getting stuck.So I choose my cards, then it says like standard gem or whatever, I click it. I do as it says, and click in inventory deck. then it says you are ready for battle. Great!!! But then nothing happens. I hit the arrow keys and it makes a noise, but none of the keys like e to examine a card, or any of that works!!! Does anyone have any suggestions here? Thanks!!!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-01-21 22:13:54

You need to walk through the gym the way you do the adventure mode. Just hit up arrow until you get to your first opponent, then press enter to battle them.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-24 02:18:55

Okay, I have no idea how to complete the pursuit on the pack ice game.
I get that you go faster over the ice but need to enter the water to catch fish, however it seems that the fish don't really make you go any faster, indeed with the speed the bear is going if you do anything but hit up arrow you just die whateer the terrain, meaning this one appears to have no stratogy at all.

I've got past it, but again just held up arrow and hammered f and tI think the random terrain saved me.

Also, in terms of the bear hunting game, I think the bears themselves are too fast. The area is huge,  and if your underwater being chased by bears your pretty much doomed if you need to go and hunt for an air bubble, which you quite often need to do, actually I find it sort of odd that the bears can swim pretty much forever where as you can't big_smile.

Well I've now unlocked the desert and finished the ice, so I'm not doing too badly, albeit I know there are still many games I need to unlock.
Actually, particularly given progressive version releases, I'd very much like to see a way of knowing which minigames in a world you still needed to unlock, either on the stats screen or when playing the adventure.
With the microgames a way to play those single player might be fun too, perhaps as an addition to the adventure mode with an additional coin prize if you got the ruby.
I'd also really like to see some more squares on the various boards to make life interesting.

possibilities could include squares where you gamble coins with your opponents, squares where you could do things to your opponents such as making them miss turns or equipping them with bad items, and of course battle squares would be cool.

I also notice that the boards don't really have an ending or a reward for who gets to the final square first, which would be a nice thing to have, since then you could for example make your opponents go back several squares or the like. You could even consider other items like the blue crystal, such as extra jokers or chances to get bonus points in minigames.
I know the marrio party games had lots of random fun squares, including some really pointless ones that made you swap coin totals with your opponent or randomly caused little people to steel items, so some of that might be rather fun, particularly since boards are great for online play.

Either way, great to pick this game up after some absenses, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next version.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-24 05:53:27

yep the point is just catch  as many fish as you could, avoid bear, avoid crap, and ruuuuun north, careful with the crap though, I can't hear it sometimes, and krip! tongue

2017-01-24 11:22:11

Well since going east or west gets you killed more often than not, avoiding stuff doesn't really seem as doable, which is why I wonder if the game needs a bit of tinkering or explaining.

edit: Yeah, had another go and the same result. What is really silly is that I got munched literally after eating a fish. It seems this one is totally random and  uncontrollable whether you win or not.
Along with cursed field I'll say this is the most annoying minigame I've seen, since the others even the tough ones are understandable why! you die, cursed field I could only get through by step counting, and pack ice seems purely random.

I hope pragma will fix the game as he did bois beach.

On the other hand, I know! why I keep losing on  sharming the snake, that one is just difficult big_smile.

2017-01-27 21:16:08

Hi Pragma, I'm not sure if you're making any more updates, but if you do I have a few suggestions to improve a few of the battle cards.
First is some nurfs to the ice type, which is widely considered to be way too good.
- Numbing and Glaciate should have their succeeding rate lowered, maybe to 70% or 75%.
Sheer Cold should freeze for less time, maybe about 2 turns. To compensate, it could do frost by 2 instead of 1, so Ice Shock is a more useful card.
Hopefully those changes would make ice a little more manageable to beat. Between perfect accuracy ways to stop someone from drawing, and the ability to easily stop them from moving for at least 4 turns at a time, it is almost impossible to stop the ice type. You could possibly also make it so that if your hand is empty, you can draw regardless of circumstance. Part of what makes ice so broken is that it can keep an opponent's hand completely empty, leaving them unable to do anything at all. No other type can do that, and it is very easy for ice to do.

In non-ice type ideas, Power Gem and Taking Root should probably have the "type" attribute added to them, so they can be affected by cards that defend against them like Natural Preservation.
You might also want to remove the "stat" attribute from damage cards that lower your own stats. The other day my Metallic Insensitivity card blocked a Focus Kick from someone, which is probably not what you intended that card to do.

I hope my ideas don't come off as criticism, this is definitely a fun game, and I just think a few small tweaks would help to improve it.

2017-01-28 22:21:53

Hello: I can't find any servers on the list right now.
It says error: 0 servers found, 0 avalable with your version.

Is that because there are no servers?
Also, what are the jokers for?

2017-01-28 22:43:46 (edited by keithwipf1 2017-01-28 22:51:58)

Hello, I've got a recording of the underground world.
You can hear the minygame names.
Its got all the bonus games and things like that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1z6jp0nl71yy … d.mp3?dl=0

2017-01-29 05:48:30

there is something wrong with the public servers i think.

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2017-01-29 10:55:03

There's a problem with the server's SQL connection, all public servers are put on Pragma's website so that's why you can't find any. Let's stick to private servers until the error gets fixed, and I really wish that becomes true.

2017-02-02 02:37:47

Hey! I am new to the whole party game. So far I think it's very cool and different! I haven't even tried battle mode yet. Anway, for some reason, maybe it was cover here, the game always starts my windoweyes screen reader. Even thoughI am using NVDA currently. Any ideas? It's kind of annoying and I think its affecting my game play. Even after I turn off one or the other screen reader. Thanks

2017-02-09 10:53:17

Hey all. A remake of the game's English file is now completely done and can be downloaded from:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vem … e.lng?dl=1
I tried to transmit the same ideas Pragma wanted to in the French version, while also keeping a good English with no grammar mistakes which the original English file is full of. Please give me your comments on what should be edited, and that being based on both the French and English versions, not on something you liked in the old translation and whose sense is not true or couldn't be correctly transmitted. I promise the file is translated in a professional yet simplified way that could let everyone fully understand the game's concept. Pragma said he'll be putting it in the next version, but nothing can be better than trying something before it's officially put.
Wishing you all a good day!

2017-03-06 20:13:08

Oh wow, how did you create a translation? Also, how would we use this? Do we just paste it into the crazy party directory?

2017-03-06 22:48:23

ah, the dreaded 429 from dropbox, account's links generating too much traffic, have another method of distribution? if you can get it to me, I'd be happy to host it for you on my server as a direct download.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-07 00:38:26

I still don't get why Dropbox does this. Not everyone can afford pro!

2017-03-07 11:38:12

This is a pro account after all, not sure why they did so!

2017-03-07 19:22:06

Still says 429. OK, this is unfair. You are pro and it still does this? Ug.

2017-03-08 03:13:51

This is the behavior of dropbox

2017-03-08 03:32:31

I'd really like a copy of this file, can you throw it on sendspace, or email it to me so I can put up another dropbox link for everyone?
My email address is [email protected]

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-03-08 15:20:20

BTW, I'd love a copy of this too.

2017-03-08 16:42:55

Here it is, just extract it and copy the LNG to the directory the game is in:
https://ia601501.us.archive.org/zip_dir … Remake.zip
Keep in mind that until Dropbox fix this 429 error, I will not be able to update the file so that the link stays the same. I'll notify you with any corrections whenever one is made. I'm actually one of the translators for the original English file but found that it had a lot of mistranslations (either in transferring the meaning or in the English structure/grammatical form) so came up with this file. Some asked me to keep the cards' names as they are in Pokemon, but actually haven't done so, Carlos AKA KeyIsFull did an improvement on my version, keeping the same Pokemon cards names while I tried to transmit the original French message as best as I could. In all cases, whether you like the Pokemon nominations for the cards or not, it's OK. I may upload Carlos's version if you want, and that has several pretty good improvements battle-wise.

2017-03-10 15:01:37

Thanks Riad, it works finally.

2017-03-10 19:01:17

No problem at all, hope you like it!

2017-03-11 01:45:01

OK, there's one file that I'm assuming is the language file, but where do I put it? I can't find where the English file is in the game directory. It's a .LNG file?
Also, what about the XML files, and the other files in the folder I downloaded? What do I do with them?
Thanks for your help.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis