2017-02-24 17:57:00

@Ironcross and general: I could deffinetly say the same about you, but each of you are esponsible of your own actions as well as I am, so, there's hope for those who are still alive. Feeling bad about me? feel bad about me if I would be into drugs, or something else. But sertainly in Christ, life is a thousand times much better than anything

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-02-25 00:11:21

Hey, how dare you deny the existence of unicorns! The Book of Love says unicorns exist, so therefore they must exist! I feel truly sorry that your not letting unicorns in to your life! They bring you complete joy an happiness! Why don't you receive them today?

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-02-25 01:00:57 (edited by AlexN94 2017-02-25 01:03:17)

I can only agree with you on that, Slender. If you don't want to boil in the hall, Andy, then you must let the unicorns into your sinful Heart. As The Book of Love says, chapter 48, verse 30 to 33:

The Book of Love wrote:

30. And the unicorn walked forth and touched the man with its horn and said
31. Thou shalt be blessed with holy unicorness and love and even if you don't believe in me I bless you
32. For I am an all-loving, all-accepting, open-minded unicorn and truly have more important matters to think about than whom you like, with me being the ultimate force behind anything's existence.
33. And the people of the universe were happy, mostly. Some were sad, and that's okay. Some were angry, and that's okay. Some didn't really care much, and that's okay.

Clearly, as you can see, you have been lied too and must convert immediately.
See you under the Rainbow <3

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2017-02-25 02:46:53

bwahahahahaha

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-25 05:03:59

How sad it is to know that this discussion turned into something less serious, just because of a bunch of freakin atheists that all they know is make fun of you, and your signature, turning this into something personal. If you don't wanna let God into your hearts, OK you've made your choises. But other than that, making fun of someone because of his/her beliefs, is just horrible. Oh no, but I do not have the right to make fun of you, because in that case I'd be crucified by most of you! after all, I'm the christian. Even though if I had that right to do so, I'd never used it, because that's not what my master, who really exists and is alive, teached us in his word
There's a right I do have, however as a human being,  and it is to get angry. I'm pissed off! And not just because who've not accepted the message, but because all you know how to do is to freakin bully and make fun of others

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-02-25 08:08:16 (edited by AlexN94 2017-02-25 08:25:36)

Andy, it was never a discussion for you. It was a reason for you to preach. You stated yourself that you're a close-minded, ignorant fanatic, and it's clear that you won't even consider the points that other people make. Instead you just kick in the door and claim to have all the answers and the absolute truth. That's a weird way to discuss if you ask me, but of course I could be wrong.
If anyone made this less serious it was you.
I'm sorry if me bringing my unicorn into this made you uncomfortable, that was not my intention.

2017-02-25 09:39:53

AlexN94, Hmm?? Your unicorn? I guess I brought it out of hiding, did I? big_smile Andy93, it was never actually serious, it was simply a joke intended to highlight what this has turned in to. Sorry if you took it personally I guess...

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-02-25 10:47:48

@Slender: Of course the unicorn is mine. All mine! Nobody shall ever take my unicorn from me, muhahaha!
As for Andy's claim about knowing the absolute truth... The teapot is still whistling, and I'm looking forward to the brew.

2017-02-25 13:26:59

Andy voted for Trump, didn't he? I mean they both have this thing for the absolute truth being whatever they say and you're all wrong, so he must have. Isn't that how these things work?

2017-02-25 14:30:46

That is some tremendous deduction skills, Quanin. Unbelievable. I know smart people, very smart, I know smart people that couldn't have figured that out. It's true. Good job, very good. You are, the greatest, detective, I've ever seen, it's true, unbelievable.
*Ahem* I mean, what was that about Donald Duck? Erm, Trump, sorry.
Also, at this point we just need someone to compare something to Hitler and the internet gods should be pleased... Godwin's law and all that.

2017-02-25 16:53:06

heh now you wanna get butthurt about it, you are the one who made this topic ridiculous in the first place, you admitted to all this fanaticism, closed-mindedness and everything mentioned above, so you made it ridiculous. We can't even have a discussion because you just want to shove rhetoric in our faces, so yeah, piggly wiggly bwahahahahahaha harhrhrhrhrhrhr ahrhrhrhrhrhrhr harhrhrhrhrhrhr harhrhrhrhrhrhr harhrhrhrhrhr harhrhrhrhrhrhrh harhrhrhrhrhrhrhr harhrhrhrhrh harhrhrhr harhrhr harhrhrhr harhrhr

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-25 19:57:59

@quanin: I can't vote, I'm not a US resident.
@Ironcross:_ that har har thing you made with eloquence is funny, but talking about Jesus isn't ridiculous, no way. But if you wanna add that word to your fanatic/open minded/ignorants/Hallelujahs list, then  no problem

2017-02-25 20:01:09

I didn't know people living in south american countries could elect the american president. I guess it makes sense, it's still in the americas after all

2017-02-25 21:19:37

@Zack: no no, we cannot vote for US presidents in this part of south America. We can, however, if we're living in the US vote as Latinos or Hispanics. I don't know how that works, but I'm sure through the US embasy here in Colombia, americans can vote or something like that

2017-02-26 02:46:34

see this is where the whole thing crumbles to dust, I didn't say talking about jesus is ridiculous, I said the topic is getting ridiculous. Either way, I'm bowing out of this one, I'm not gonna keep banging my head against a brick wall.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-26 18:19:14

Hi.
I had decided not to comment in this topic anymore, but having read some of the last comments, I wanna chime in with my last and final comment:
I feel sorry for all those who don't accept people as they are, no matter religion, no matter their sexuality and no matter their opinions. I accept people no matter what, that is, if they accept me as I am and don't try to change my life. If they are trying to change my life, I have the choice to stay away and don't talk to them, that is, if they don't wanna talk about something else. No one should feel sorry for me, because I'm happy and I'm having a great life. Why am I having a great life? Because I choose how I wanna live my life, and I don't need someone to try to change that.
So, guys... Please take a deep breath, accept people as they are and stop waisting your time on trying to change peoples opinions. If you absolutely can't accept other people as they are, then you're waisting your time for sure if you keep trying to change peoples mind.
What is the point of trying to make people changing their mind if they are happy and are accepting you as you are? What is the point of all this religion crap, when people have their opinions from the very beginning which can't be changed?
I think this topic has taken a sad direction. I'm currently thinking about starting other topics, which will scare the hell out of some people who have shared their opinions in this topic... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-26 21:44:05

Slj, I totally agree with your last post, that's why I haven't bothered to respond back after I submited my opinion.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-03-04 22:48:41

quanin wrote:

If you can't accept being LGBTQ, then by all means don't be LGBTQ. No one's putting a gun to your head. But if you wouldn't accept a member of that community bashing your mythical man in the sky (why is it God is always a man, anyway? How very sexist of Christianity.), then you don't get to take them down for being a member of that community. Bashing a member of that community, or for that matter a member of any other community, is not you being a good Christian. What it is is you being an asshole. And honestly, were I the original poster's friend, I'd be dropping him like a bad habbit. With friends like mister Christianity over there, who needs enemies?

omg! this, yes

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-04-17 01:23:56

I have resurrected this topic to set the record straight, as one of my posts has apparently been flagged as offensive.  It has never, nor will ever be my intent to be offensive to anyone here or anywhere else.  Text, as far as I'm concerned, never does a single person justice, but that does not, in my opinion, excuse or allow misconduct under any circumstance.  As such, I have done my absolute best to conduct myself acordingly, although it seems that somewhere along the line i've failed to make my intentions clear.  For that, I am truly sorry.  I offer my sincerest and most humble apologies to anyone who may have been hurt by any of my words, while at the same time affirming something I may not have done my best to solidify in the past.  No matter who you are, male or female, young or old, rich or poor, religious or otherwise and a member of whatever communities you may be a part of or representing, provided said communities do not have malicious intent, are all welcome on this forum.  It has always been a given that as a moderator I separate myself from banning unjustly, punishing without bias, executing decisions with reasons that are not personal or simply perception and always , always to be a great listener.  when stepping into this topic, I did not do so as a moderator; I did so as any other member of this forum who has experiences and ideas and concepts I found worth sharing.  This topic begged for advice and I did what I could to give it based on what I knew of the situation, unceasingly striving for nothing less than a civil discussion.  when I felt my considerations and reflections were no longer welcome, I took my leave from this topic.  That being said, regardless of what anyone thinks of me, I neither hate nor wish anyone on this forum would leave.  This website and all of its individuality has been here for me since a long long time ago that I don't really feel like looking up at the moment, and the last thing I'd like to see, much less do, is wreck it in any way.  If anyone, and that means anyone here feels I have in fact commited an error on the side of expediency and self advantage rather than on the side of humanity as a whole, then I stand before you all, guilty as charged and with a resolve to do better and try harder in future, but I would at the very least like to know what it is I did.  Contact me personally, hit up the rest of the moderation panel with solid evidence and precise proof so they can hold me accountable, tell your friends to tell me if they have more willingness to do so, send me a smoke signal... I promise to at every turn and with full understanding that my human limitations harbor me, to try to never answer unkindly.  I have done all I've done for this community because of my respect for all of its members.  Were I to have the time to get to know each and every one of you I'd gladly take it.  Could I help you all out of every single one of your problems I'd not hesitate, regardless of the differences in opinions or backgrounds or anything else beside.  I'd willingly stretch my hand out to any one of you, no matter what our past might be like, because that's who I am and what I believe in.  Every single one of you, regardless whether I've closely conversed with you or have yet to do so, is of the greatest significance, your lives, your feelings, your thoughts and ideas of great importance to me, so much so that I honestly read a little more than I sometimes have the time to do, but in doing so walk away a little smarter, a little wiser, a little more aware of who and what you are as people, appreciating you all as parts of the whole collective that is humanity!  I wish you all, today and always, the absolute best.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-04-17 01:52:42

I went from page 1 of serious discussion to the last page and saw unicorns.

What did I miss? Apparently, a lot....

I don't have a problem with the idea of religion. I don't have an issue with the concept of religion....what I have problems with is how the idea is implemented.

Blind and unwavering faith. I have issues with it, simply because they refuse to consider anything out of their comfort zone because it isn't in their wheelhouse, so to speak.

Secondly, I have issues with the extreme viewpoints in the US. You're either/or, as Dark said on the first page. There is no middle ground. A Muslim is either a hard working citizen or a terrorist, a Christian is either a hardcore Bible thumper or a flake. A voter is either Republican or Democrat. There is zero middle ground in the US psyche. (Admittedly, I wound up with somebody who has Canuck ancestry. Explains a lot then....)

I have quite probably the biggest issue with having beliefs of whatever religion forced down my throat, regardless of what belief it is. Personally, if I wanted to have beliefs shoved down my throat I'd seek them out..

Oh and....the hyper senstivity of certain religious people, who freak out over real or imagined bashing of their religions.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-04-17 03:02:48

I can agree with the idea that one shouldn't shove anything down anyone's throat; I'd hate to be accused of such a thing.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-04-17 03:16:22

@195 That type of behavior is not only practiced in religion, though it does come back to Southern United States Christians a lot, I think that is to due with the fact that those were quite dominant in previous sentries. It's quite understandable too, because back in the day women were treated as less than, African Americans were treated as less than, non Christians were treated as less than, poor people were also treated as less than. Now a days, though, as more groups form, we can no longer attribute that quality just to Christians or any other religious type. Now a days we have political correctness which is "encouraging" people to use "all-inclusive pronouns", identify ginger bread men as "ginger bread persons", and other ridiculous stuff like that. And then, there is the gender neutral bathroom debate, where it is said that transgenders should have the right to use whatever bathroom they feel like they should use - are you a boy that identifies as a girl? Well, you should be able to use the girls bathroom then, and anyone who objects to that must be some kind of bible thumpin' conservative. Do you not wish to use these new all inclusive pronouns - do you want to use he/she instead of xe or ze or zeir (or however they spell them), you're not excepting everybody.
(Note: I did take the time to read through a guide proposed by a university suggesting people do that.)
So basically, while I fully agree that there are those extremely annoying "Christians" and such of other religions that are critical of everyone who don't partake of their beliefs, or feel like everyone must know their beliefs, I also feel like there is certainly a portion of society who is rather petty, self entitled, and who believe that the world owes them something because everything's just so hard for them. In fact it is almost as though some of those have a religion of whom the main deity is themselves, and those who don't agree with their rules/laws/philosophy about how they should be treated are bigots of either the sexual category, the racial category, the religious category,  or whatever other category they feel like coming up with.
And just like the religious extremists, they're quick to go back on what they say when it conveniences them.
(Example: the blind people boarding the bus the other day, who were quick to scold the people at the bus station for not letting them sit together, because "We are disabled, so should be able to sit together.".)

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-04-17 04:11:54

Millennials!  We own the world!  Hurrah! :d

2017-04-17 05:17:56

Moderation!
Since Nocturnus made his distinctly handsome above  apology publically I will where I stand on this  as forum administrator.

Given how diverse this community is, An accusation of mistreatement of any segment of society is a pretty serious one, especially for a moderator, thus when I saw the report regarding Nocturnus  I was required to take the matter seriously.

I've been through every single post by Nocturnus this topic and I concluded that Nocturnus did not express the sort of opinions the report claimed he did, either in the indicated post or anywhere else, I did however ask him if he would kindly make an appology and make his own position clear on the subject to try and avoid any bad feeling.

In line of that I will ask people to please not indulge in any sort of backlash speculation the person or persons who might have made such a report and their reasons behind it, after all making a report of such things when a member has concerns is just what the report function is for. However from an administration perspective I hope we can all now consider the matter firmly closed.

Okay, admin hat off now.

As for this topic specifically, to be perfectly honest I had to bow out myself since I found that the number of replies gone beyond the point where reading and attempting to respond intelligently was time efficient, you could call this the imho event horizon! big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-17 11:45:08

The Dwarfer wrote:

@195 That type of behavior is not only practiced in religion, though it does come back to Southern United States Christians a lot, I think that is to due with the fact that those were quite dominant in previous sentries. It's quite understandable too, because back in the day women were treated as less than, African Americans were treated as less than, non Christians were treated as less than, poor people were also treated as less than. Now a days, though, as more groups form, we can no longer attribute that quality just to Christians or any other religious type. Now a days we have political correctness which is "encouraging" people to use "all-inclusive pronouns", identify ginger bread men as "ginger bread persons", and other ridiculous stuff like that. And then, there is the gender neutral bathroom debate, where it is said that transgenders should have the right to use whatever bathroom they feel like they should use - are you a boy that identifies as a girl? Well, you should be able to use the girls bathroom then, and anyone who objects to that must be some kind of bible thumpin' conservative. Do you not wish to use these new all inclusive pronouns - do you want to use he/she instead of xe or ze or zeir (or however they spell them), you're not excepting everybody.
(Note: I did take the time to read through a guide proposed by a university suggesting people do that.)
So basically, while I fully agree that there are those extremely annoying "Christians" and such of other religions that are critical of everyone who don't partake of their beliefs, or feel like everyone must know their beliefs, I also feel like there is certainly a portion of society who is rather petty, self entitled, and who believe that the world owes them something because everything's just so hard for them. In fact it is almost as though some of those have a religion of whom the main deity is themselves, and those who don't agree with their rules/laws/philosophy about how they should be treated are bigots of either the sexual category, the racial category, the religious category,  or whatever other category they feel like coming up with.
And just like the religious extremists, they're quick to go back on what they say when it conveniences them.
(Example: the blind people boarding the bus the other day, who were quick to scold the people at the bus station for not letting them sit together, because "We are disabled, so should be able to sit together.".)

Again, extremes, you're either a hardcore <insert religion> or you're either a hardcore church of ME! person.

That being said...PC is a whole other can o' worms....but it's a religion of sorts.

@Nocturnus: I get regular visits from Jehovah's Witnesses every few weeks and...well...they go away disappointed, I'll take their flyers, and listen, and just wait them out since I'm not interested. That being said...I do know somebody who opened the door, challenged them on their teachings, and unwittingly had them at that house for hours and managed to get them to think. Some Christians and other religions think it's their job (depending on said bits of whichever religion it is) to 'save' people and non believers and convert them for some reason.

I've no idea why.

Also, for the Southern US comment....hey, I spend time up in NE and the Catholics up there are some of the pushiest, most bigoted, most intense people you'll meet. That being said.....it's a tie between both for pushiest people...

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers