Hi!

I could tell someone that psycho strike our game sound code?
I tried to open it, but the sound does not play.

Best regarts,
Daniel

Thumbs up

Are you trying to run the game, or are you trying to get the sonds? If you are trying to get the sounds so you can listen to them, I'm sorry but these sounds are encrypted.

Thumbs up

I tried to play the sounds, but it fails.
Yes, I know that they are encrypted in Hanoi, but not something BGT script could be written out to the sound code to decrypt?

Best regarts,
Daniel

Thumbs up

That is against this forum's rules.

Thumbs up

I mean, what?

Best regarts,
Daniel

Thumbs up

You'd have to know the secret key that was used to encrypt them. Since you don't know that, you can't decrypt them. That's the point of encryption, to protect them from unauthorized access.

Proud to be the official hosting provider for http://www.vgstorm.com!

Thumbs up

Haha i ask them?...

Best regarts,
Daniel

Thumbs up

Honestly I don't know why people get upset about this. As long as he doesn't post the sounds or key on the forum or ask people specifically to post them I don't see an issue. Perhaps a better way to have asked the question would have been to ask what libraries you could get these sounds from though.

Look out, I'm loaded. It's OK, I won't hurt you.
You can follow me on twitter @brogar2000, and my Skype is garrett.brown2014. If you want to follow me on any of these things, please tell me you're from the forum, or else I won't follow you back. Also, it depends on who you are.

Thumbs up

Hello Shotgunshell.
Well I'll take a guess and say your not a developer. The point is that the developers encrypt the sounds because they want to keep them to themselves. If they wanted people to use the sounds or wanted to tell people the sound libraries they used they would have. If you were a developer and made a huge project and wanted to keep sounds and things to yourself would you be happy if someone managed to decrypt things or a hacker stole the entire project? I don't know about you but that would make me pretty furious! Making software is a sort of art form and trying to mess with things is like spitting on a painting worth thousands of dollars.
All that said I hope you don't take offense because what I said was not meant to be that way.

Guitarman.
What are you doing! Don't think, shoot!

Thumbs up

Hello Guitarman,
Not sure if it's a matter of keeping sounds to themselves, I think the reason they do that is because they got the sounds from a commercial library and they don't want to take the risk of getting sewed for people stealing sounds that didn't belong to them to begin with. Say I made a game and I got sounds from a paid sound library, and I never encrypted them. I run the risk of people taking the sounds out of my game and using them in there own game. The creators of the library could sew me because of not taking precautionary measures to make sure that doesn't happen. Although some of the sounds in psycho strike aren't from a library, they're custom, so your reason does make perfect sense.

Look out, I'm loaded. It's OK, I won't hurt you.
You can follow me on twitter @brogar2000, and my Skype is garrett.brown2014. If you want to follow me on any of these things, please tell me you're from the forum, or else I won't follow you back. Also, it depends on who you are.

Thumbs up

I understand. But for some it may be just BGT script letter that sounds if the game is encoded with. Or not?

Thumbs up

What do you mean by "bgt script letter"?
BGT has encryption and decryption built in, but that doesn't mean that other people can decrypt sound packs we didn't create just because we know the language.
Some of the sounds are from commercial libraries. Those would be the only ones you'd have a shot at finding but you'd have to buy them for yourself.
The voice sets and at least some of the music is custom made. You won't get that. Nobody on this forum will know the keys either.

Proud to be the official hosting provider for http://www.vgstorm.com!

Thumbs up