2017-03-02 08:55:27

seriously, I'm at a point right now where I'm not only feeling frustrated, but also pissed off, upset, of the stupidity of a freakin blindy kiddo who thinks attacking the freakin thing, and even insulting us and writing obscene stuff is gonna end  it all. That's it guys, that's it! this is filling my cup right now, move onn you dam dum stupid pie... OK I'm calming down. I aint letting the sun heating my brain

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-03-02 09:00:20

oh yay! I got banned for it, so lets go attack the game and crash the server, because this is the way to do crap. I still remebmer in my head the words of that stupid freakin turkis who hacked swamp when it was in its free days: I can't play swamp, therefore, no one else can. if I can't play, you can't play. Same here: I got banned for cloning ultra power, so you guys have no right to play that game because I got banned for that reason. OK, I agree that, if that was the case the game cannot still be supported here in the forum, but why the heck just forbid or stop others from playing

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-03-02 09:03:22

Here's the thing.. If the moderation says this game isn't allowed here its fine, really. Those who enjoyed it and want to play it will be able to
cince you already know how to get the game. Now why attack the server? Whats the point?

Thumbs up +1

2017-03-02 09:06:52

@kyo: thums up man! that's what I'm trying to say

2017-03-02 09:28:57

ivan, ya know i don't agree with ya in most cases, but in this case i fully agree, keep up the great job man. @andy, we've already heard your opinion so stop post the same thing over and over. here's the reason, people like andy can't get to understand that a it's from up's code. even when ya get the proof up in your nose you'll not admit that it's stolen

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 09:35:19

Thats not the point, Sito. Even if the code is the same thats no reazon for Ivan to rack the server. Other people have the right to like and enjoy
the game, no matter its origins.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 09:38:37

yeah, and what would you say about mason then? is it ok that someone takes his code and make a game? think about him for a sec and not about yourself

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 09:43:07

I agree with you its not ok but racking isn't the answer. Lets just wait for the moderation to hear what they have to say. But the game will continue
even if its banned here. Its got to a point where its very different from Mazon's original project, no matter if its source is the same.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:00:46

Wow, this is getting a little out of hand. I just wanted to come here and thank Mayana for giving me a whole bunch of stuff, I really appreciate it. I would've thanked you in the game, but I don't know how to talk directly to players. So, thanks again. smile
Now, one question. How do I use my weapons? I keep pressing left control, and nothing happens. I'm not a newbie anymore, but I am in pacifist mode. Does that mean I can't use my weapons?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:05:28 (edited by Mayana 2017-03-02 10:06:03)

@staindaddict, np. I wanted to know what happens if you have nothing in your inv, anyway. It seems no matter how many times you give it away, you always keep the knife.
If you are a pacifist, you can't use weapons. You also have to be in a unprotected area to use them.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:06:51

k, it seems that they fixed so you can't create a char with the name sito or nibar. peopple can try if they want, it just says invalid carachters. i can't stop laugh about this stewpidity

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:07:26

All right. For the people who need help with the game, could you add me on skype? I'm from Brasil and would be more then happy to give you guys help
and tips. My skype is [email protected]
You wont be able to use your weapons in all the areas. Some of them are safe zones. This is made so players won't abuze the system and everybody will
be able to play without everyone always dying whenever they are seen.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:10:04

How do you know if an area is protected or not? Is there a button I can press or something? lol Sorry for all the questions.
I'm really enjoying this game. I'm not going to participate in the arguing, but I want the developer to know that I am enjoying it. I just wish the server would stop crashing.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:13:10

I'm not sure, really. You just have to try and find out for your self. Well the developers did mention they'd be try to fix the connection issues.
Guess we just have to wait and see.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:17:51

There is a sound that tells you that. It's the same as the skoap in swamp or looking in stw, a zuming in sound basicly. If you hear it, that means you are in a unprotected area.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:25:39

@blindndangerous lol! too strange the forum put your name as someone else's. Anyway, still haven't read post 226 and later, but I'll answer your question that yep, Pragma knows about my translation of course, I told him and gave him the link since I finished the work on it.
Back to the topic, the server still doesn't run, and the client couldn't get any patch or update and told me that no update was found at the moment. In any case, let's wait and see when that gets fixed. Until then, I'll stick to CP smile

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 12:20:58

OK guys, I know that I hate that stupid and cheater person called Iván, but If I kare, I will play the game. No more drama. No more discussions. We are united. Don't kare what they're saying!

73 Wj3u

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 12:33:11

ok this is it! i've tried so many times and it's not working. just go to other muds we all play and leave that one to sink. at least other muds we play have there server's up for a good long time no wonder it's enjoyable. this one barely has it's server up. lol oh it'll be sorted! will it hell. i've heard that so many times it's pretty obvious it isn't beeing sorted. so seriously leave the game for there's no point continuing playing it.

Thumbs up +1

2017-03-02 13:01:44

My quick thoughts on this:

What are we bashing this game for? Let me get this terminology straight:
A clone is a copy. A clone is something you make to copy something else in functionality and form. I made VFB as a pseudo-clone of Xevious. This, is not a clone. It resembles ultrapower in that they are both 2d sidescrollers in which you shoot other people. Mayb we don't have many of those in the blind community. That automatically makes it an Ultrapower clone. In my opinion, that is not how this works.

Now for the using other people's code. I tried to stay as much out of range of the whole ultrapower thing as I possibly could. It seems to me that that code is so widespread now that it's a person's responsibility to use it or not. I have little to no respect for the people who grab the code, add two items, change messages and sounds, and release it as their own game. It is not right to use stolen code. I do agree on the fact that if you have the skill to make the rest of the game, you should have the skill to make the base too. Or at least, ask for express permission. I will say one thing though: as far as I understand blink_wizard has made two clones of ultrapower. He is urging the admins to ban megadimensao for not cloning, but using the code. I am not saying Megadimensao's position is excusable, but blink_wizard's definitely is not. Desafio Mortal has way more content than Ultrapower ever had in all it's 9000000 versions and clones, or at least it does in my experience, correct me if I am wrong. I have no right to make the decision on who gets to stay and who doesn't, but if I apply logic, blink_wizard's offenses are much greater than megadimensao's. Just a thought, and in no way am I trying to justify either of them, or the opposite.

I find it kind of funny how everyone goes bananas about the fact that a game uses a "small" portion of another game illegally, and we don't give half a crap about games that are using materials that are not only stolen, but are copyrighted. I am sorry to say this, but making basic BGT netcode for a game is just as hard, or mayb even easier, than making music for the Nintendo DS. Crazy party, which has gotten extremely popular and has received loads of good criticism, is using 100% stolen music from Pokemon, Mario Party, and other games for the DS as far as I know. I am sure you guys have played more than one and probably more than two games that are using sounds from libraries that are payd and the developers didn't give a single cent for. Names are chosen without a single Google search. UltraPower is a vacuum cleaner by Electrolux. Crime Hunter is a Japanese action film. Beeyond the Bullet is a documentary about gun violence.

We take a lot for granted, and the moment that this stealing stuff happens within our community, we act so dignified. But I think Junichi Masuda deserves at least a little bit of the respect that Mason Armstrong is getting. This is just an example, and again, I am not trying to offend anyone or put any of the parties mentioned in this message above or below some other party. I like Desafio Mortal. I do not, however, agree on the use of source code that has been "stolen", especially this particular source which has caused so many problems in the past. When you use stolen material, you always have a chance of getting caught. You could have hid it better and maybe it wouldn't have been so obvious. Maybe, you didn't even know that this code was not supposed to be on the net. But now it's a bit too late to hide.

I liked Desafio Mortal. The moment it comes back up, I will go back to it for a while. BUt in my opinion, these things have to be understood. Flame Wars are not the solution, no matter how cliche that sounds.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2017-03-02 13:06:57

server not work.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 13:26:06

No snow, because it's down.
Let me aclare something. I agree with you León.
Desafío mortal is not! an UltraPower clone, but it recembles it. Like constructed languages that recembles other language, that's the thing we don't want to forget!

73 Wj3u

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 13:26:06

guilevi wrote:

as far as I understand blink_wizard has made two clones of ultrapower. He is urging the admins to ban megadimensao for not cloning, but using the code. I am not saying Megadimensao's position is excusable, but blink_wizard's definitely is not. Desafio Mortal has way more content than Ultrapower ever had in all it's 9000000 versions and clones, or at least it does in my experience, correct me if I am wrong. I have no right to make the decision on who gets to stay and who doesn't, but if I apply logic, blink_wizard's offenses are much greater than megadimensao's.

I would agree, if the issue were ever actually about "cloning", or making something that was extremely similar to the ultra power game.  The issue has only ever been about the use of stolen code.  For whatever reason, the community began referring to the games that used stolen code as "clones".  The fact that most of those early incidents of stolen code looked very much like the original game, probably had a big hand in this, and started up this false idea that the similarities between the games were what mattered.

If your above quote is looked at considering only whether or not a project is using Mason's stolen code, then your ending conclusion wouldn't be the same.  One person was caught using stolen code twice in the past, and another is accused of doing it now.  The amount of extra content added to any of the projects does not affect the outcome.

I remember reading a long time ago, one of the moderators talking about exactly the type of copyright theft you mentioned.  Music and sound are regularly stolen from mainstream games, commercial sound packs, and even if people try to claim otherwise... from other audio games as well.  If I remember that old post as well as I hope I do, the answer boiled down to who this forum is trying to protect.  In a perfect world, I think we'd all battle against the theft of mainstream copyrighted material.  Because that would be a monumental task, the focus here has been to protect our local audio game developers.  When some commercial sound pack is illegally shared, it is not directly harming any of our game devs.  If mainstream source code was stolen and used, it also is not directly harming any of our game devs.  The reason we have had to take this issue of Mason's stolen code seriously is because this is case where one of our audio game developers is being directly harmed.

"Harm" can be interpreted in a variety of ways here, but I do believe that is the line of thinking used to separate what is happening with the ultrapower code, from other common types of less-than legal activity.

P.S.  It's frustrating to see that even after many posts explaining the differences between game features and game code, people continue to confuse the 2.  Guilevi this last part is not directed at you, haha.  I've just been seeing a lot of random comments over the past few pages, and each time I just stop and rub my forehead because it pains me to see such a simple concept fly 50 feet over someone's head.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up +1

2017-03-02 13:53:20

@riad, ah ok.  That's cool, hopefully your translation gets merged into the actual release.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 13:53:56

k, good post aprone. but ok guys, here's another proof that the game is using mason's/btb's code, so, when you open the main menu a music track plays, but then when ya close the menu or go back to it the track changes and something else plays, this were in a btb version that ivan maid earlyer, he can confirm it him self. that's another proof that the game is using up's sorce

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 14:09:18

That's not! because! I! Want! The game to be continued!

73 Wj3u

Thumbs up